Ft. Lauderdale Port the for Allure

mollybax

Thanks!

Just be prepared to get comfortable and relax if boarding is delayed. My first time we didn't board till almost 12, but I was relaxing talking with new friends and I wasn't going to work the next day.

To clarify do you recommend getting to the port by 11 or does boarding usually star at 11?

Thanks!

With my experience two weeks ago on the Oasis, we left the hotel around 10:30am (Holiday Inn Express, literally a mile away from Port Everglades). We arrived and passed through security and checked-in painlessly, took a few pictures, and were seated in groups (this was all very organized). Boarding started close to noon, and we were on the ship by 12:20pm. I only remember sitting around for 25-30 minutes or so before we had to get up and board. I would recommend getting there before 11am mainly to avoid standing in lines. The time we got there was perfect because we walked through everything quickly and crowds hadn't seemed to build until well after. Keep in mind, most staterooms aren't available until 1pm so you'll be carrying whatever bags/luggage you chose not to check in until you can get to your room. Have fun!

With my experience two weeks ago on the Oasis, we left the hotel around 10:30am (Holiday Inn Express, literally a mile away from Port Everglades). We arrived and passed through security and checked-in painlessly, took a few pictures, and were seated in groups (this was all very organized). Boarding started close to noon, and we were on the ship by 12:20pm. I only remember sitting around for 25-30 minutes or so before we had to get up and board. I would recommend getting there before 11am mainly to avoid standing in lines. The time we got there was perfect because we walked through everything quickly and crowds hadn't seemed to build until well after. Keep in mind, most staterooms aren't available until 1pm so you'll be carrying whatever bags/luggage you chose not to check in until you can get to your room. Have fun!

...and noon for Oasis and Allure is late compared to the norm.

To clarify do you recommend getting to the port by 11 or does boarding usually star at 11?

Thanks!

Boarding rarely starts at 11, but it isn't unheard of, but we arrive at the terminal around 11, usually take about 10 minutes to check in once inside the terminal and on my two trips waited 10-20 minutes before boarding actually started. I think in two times on Allure boarding actually started 11:30 once and 11:40 the other time. Next May I will be moving up the notch one step and boarding a minute or two ahead of those lowly Emerald, platinum, and golds. (KIDDING)

We have an Allure cruise later this month and our set sail pass states boarding is between 12:30 and 3:30. I know people like to arrive early, but I don't like to stand in line nor do I want to sit there for 45 minutes or so waiting to board. On our past two Oasis cruises, we had a leisurely breakfast at the hotel and then arrived at the ship around 12:30. There were no lines and we walked right up, checked in, and walked right onto the ship. Our cabin was ready so we dropped off our hand carries and had lunch at the Cafe Promenade. Our luggage was delivered while we were eating lunch. This is what we anticipate doing for the Allure sailing this month.

We have an Allure cruise later this month and our set sail pass states boarding is between 12:30 and 3:30. I know people like to arrive early, but I don't like to stand in line nor do I want to sit there for 45 minutes or so waiting to board. On our past two Oasis cruises, we had a leisurely breakfast at the hotel and then arrived at the ship around 12:30. There were no lines and we walked right up, checked in, and walked right onto the ship. Our cabin was ready so we dropped off our hand carries and had lunch at the Cafe Promenade. Our luggage was delivered while we were eating lunch. This is what we anticipate doing for the Allure sailing this month.

A good plan.

But some people like to get every single minute of their vacation, so they want to be on the ship at the earliest possible moment.

For them, arriving at the port at 11 is a good plan.

:)

This is good to know, thanks. We have always shown up at 11:00...... well, because everyone told us to. I have wanted to try what you have done and I am glad to know it is smooth boarding later in the day. I am curious, will a 25" suitcase go through the security scanner? I have even considered carrying on our baggage and going straight to the cabin.

Why would that word offend, Bill? Is this some new taboo word for the PC crowd?

It's so old a reference probably nobody gets it, i guess I was just hoping it would offend someone ;) Back when Rush Limbaugh was at his height of popularity he and his callers would just say "ditto" rather than re-hash a large amount of conversation they both agreed on. While whether or not the phrase is used appropriately or not, some tie it to conservative Rush and get offended when its used. While I tend to keep my politics and religion private and off of the internet, I like to subtly poke the bear once in awhile.

That is a perfectly reasonable plan and I'm glad it works for you and many people feel that way. In my life I've spent 1000s of nights in hotels and I don't find staying there enjoyable when I can be on a ship where I have only spent around 50 days. But part of our differing logic is what I think makes the Oasis class work. Things that interest you may not interest me, but it takes crowds away from the things that interest me.

Now the things that would bother you about getting there early, we have adapted to and learned how to enjoy even them.

In no way did I mean for my post to come off as arrogant, but I fear some took it that way. The op asked what time to arrive so I was just answering the op with what works for us. One can arrive at any time, but the op should know that one might have to sit in a waiting room until boarding begins. BTW, we have waited in the waiting room before and that's why we have now delayed our departure from the hotel.