S Class Four in Regular Balcony Cabin

jillyj

Reflection 2B Balcony, no upper berth but sofa and trundle. If teens are sleeping in, will we able to actually get in or out of the cabin!? Hope there is a tiny area to squeeze past. Last time on Constellation they both had upper berths and that worked realky well as were able to sneak out unheard for sunrise and coffee. Thanks all. What a great community.

Oooh, it's going to be tight. If I were you I'd try and snag one of those Family Verandahs. More space for all. Or get them an inside cabin across the hall or even a sky suite so there is more space for you all to breathe.

I'm sure it's do-able but all 4 of you sharing one small bathroom is going to be very tight.

Can you sneak out while they're sleeping? I'm not sure if beds will be by the balcony or the bathroom, so that could make a difference. If by the balcony, sure. Go ahead and wake them up!!!;) Rise and shine, cruising fun ahead!!

I know we wouldn't put more than 2 in one of those cabins. Luggage for four may or may not fit under the beds, so be sure to get your cabin steward to take it until the last day. It's going to be crowded any way you look at it. Have a great time, though. Get on your roll call for your particular cruise and start having conversations with the people actually on your cruise.

You will certainly be able to get out of the cabin, it is getting onto the balcony that will be difficult. The beds will be by the balcony. And the one on the couch getting up to the bathroom without stepping on the one on the trundle might be a nightmare....for one of them... I would try to move to a cabin with an upper. EM

Reflection 2B Balcony, no upper berth but sofa and trundle. If teens are sleeping in, will we able to actually get in or out of the cabin!? Hope there is a tiny area to squeeze past. Last time on Constellation they both had upper berths and that worked realky well as were able to sneak out unheard for sunrise and coffee. Thanks all. What a great community.

We did 17 nights Hawaii to Sydney in same configuration cabin with 2 kids aged 10 and 8 at the time. Things were tight but we managed!

There is a small gap that you could walk past the trundle bed when open, or if you had to you can step on the trundle. We had king bed near bathroom so only had to get past the trundle when we wanted to reach the balcony when kids where sleeping.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Check to see what the 3rd and 4th rate is compared to an inside across the hall. Sometimes the cost is actually less for the extra cabin. The trundle comes right out from below the couch and so virtually touches the unit below the TV. As someone else pointed out, you'll be able to get out of the cabin, but not really access the balcony without disturbing the child on the trundle.

image.jpg1_zpsdrucqon1.jpg

It will be very tight on floor space at bedtime, regardless of where the counch versus bed is located. But if couch/trundle is by the bathroom bathroom, going to be tough to access bathroom, closet and door...

.also very tight on drawer, cubby, luggage storage counter, and closet space...and although there's a good amt of bathroom storage, 4 adults and 1 bathroom/shower are really going to be a squeeze. One or more may be showering at the spa dressing rooms!

Edited by hcat

Sorry. I don't have personal experience with this, but I wanted to give the OP a positive response as most have been somewhat negative and some have even suggested that the OP should pay more for a family verandah or sky suite.

We are in a similar position. We have always gotten a good deal and sailed in a suite with our daughter on X. The one time we sailed on Royal, our daughter's first cruise, we did a normal balcony cabin. She was young, in a pack and play, and it was tight. But guess what, we survived and had fun!

This next cruise, prices are higher, funds are tighter, and we went with a C3 on the Summit. We would have loved a family verandah, but they were all booked, as were all of the normal verandah cabins, and we simply can't justify spending nearly twice as much for a sky suite.

I'm apprehensive about the space and the sleeping arrangements, but I just keep reminding myself that it's vacation! No dogs to walk, beds to make, laundry to wash, meals to prepare, etc. So, if it's tight, who cares?! We'll make it work and so will you! :)

Edited by BethV114

Sorry. I don't have personal experience with this, but I wanted to give the OP a positive response as most have been somewhat negative and some have even suggested that the OP should pay more for a family verandah or sky suite.

We are in a similar position. We have always gotten a good deal and sailed in a suite with our daughter on X. The one time we sailed on Royal, our daughter's first cruise, we did a normal balcony cabin. She was young, in a pack and play, and it was tight. But guess what, we survived and had fun!

This next cruise, prices are higher, funds are tighter, and we went with a C3 on the Summit. We would have loved a family verandah, but they were all booked, as were all of the normal verandah cabins, and we simply can't justify spending nearly twice as much for a sky suite.

I'm apprehensive about the space and the sleeping arrangements, but I just keep reminding myself that it's vacation! No dogs to walk, beds to make, laundry to wash, meals to prepare, etc. So, if it's tight, who cares?! We'll make it work and so will you! :)

There is a difference between sailing with 1 extra in the room compared to 2. I was actually suggesting the OP check the price of the inside cabin compared to the 3rd & 4th rate, from experience. Our Connie cruise is actually $1000 less by booking the extra inside cabin rather than paying for them both to share our room :eek:. So, it's worth checking - I wasn't trying to be negative, just suggesting alternatives ;).

Hhat,

The sofa and trundle is always by the balcony on S class quad berths ;).

We are in a Concierge Cabin with the trundle. When a quad, the couch is always near the window on a S class ship. We have a 6 and 9 year old, and they can't wait to sleep next to each other. We actually gave them the option for the upper and lower in a 1b( not that they had any clue what that was) or the trundle. They chose the trundle. Looking forward to our cruise either way. Was way more expensive having two cabins vs. the quad. Royal Caribbean makes it more affordable for 2 cabins than Celebrity does.

Storage will be an issue. Be organized and use the suitcases under bed as extra drawer space. Some people bring along magnetic hooks and hanging bags for storage.

Any guys could make use of showers in gym to ease wait time for the ladies while getting ready for dinner.

It's doable. Just have to have organization, schedules and expectations .

We have always found that it just doesn't cost that much more to get the extra cabin, on X it isn't much different for the 3rd and 4th. We always did single cabins when the girls were younger, but they are teens and need the space, it is a vacation after all, with the guarantees you can't get them with 4 people and we have had great success linking the resies and getting connecting cabins. Worst case were ones right next to each other but didn't connect. If you go four to a cabin you can consider yourself close for sure, good luck!