Middle Eastern cruises.

chromered7

We have booked a cruise in the Middle East for next year and with all the uncertainties in that area recently has anyone cruised in that area and experienced changes to the itinerary and where did you go?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just traversed Suez Canal and stopped at Oman and Dubai with no changes--and no pirates.

Hi

I work in this region on a regular basis ,and marine security has improved significantly in recent years ( piracy is almost extinct) the large volume of navy vessels seems to have blunted their enthusiasm .

Not sure it's problems from pirates we're thinking of?

Not sure it's problems from pirates we're thinking of?
Well, we boarded five or six security guys before going into the Suez and then stopped in the Red Sea to pick up...um, necessary "tools" for them to use in case of trouble...so someone is still "thinking of" pirates.

As greengrunt wrote, the piracy issue is almost moot by now but still relevant to this thread's discussion.

It's it the whole situation in that region not just pirates. So much can change but we are optimistic everything will be fine. I was curious as to what arrangements AZ make .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't see anyone saying it's "just pirates."

If you're asking what the situation will be in the middle east at the time of your cruise, no one here can answer that. Azamara is not going to take a ship and its passengers into a dangerous situation. You will be taken to different, safe ports if necessary. Black Sea cruises have already been changed as a result of the situation there.