Boarding Documents

wcc19

All of this is specified in the final Oceania invoice statement. The PPG and a $2000 OBC are strangely identified as "gift orders". I can't figure that out!

As hrprof says, the info is in a statement from Oceania. I haven't gotten a separate statement for my early Jan. trip, but if that's done 3 weeks pre-cruise for everyone, that will come 3 weeks pre-cruise, which is in December! However, I received a final statement forwarded from my TA right after final payment a while back, and I can't see that I need anything more. That one itemized the amount of "spa or shipboard credit" by whether it is "Your World Your Way" or other source, along with "Your World Free Internet" (1 guest per stateroom - i.e., only one person can sign on at a time) and pre paid gratuities. Under "Group Amenities" it mentions what the TA gave us - shipboard credit and pre-paid gratuities, which I think were turned in to something else since we had that already as part of the Your World Your way promotion. In addition, in the cruise booklet in the Stateroom section, it mentions that our staterooom gratuities have been pre-paid. I also have a statement from the TA itemizing what we get.

After 9 cruises, we've never had a problem receiving anything we've been promised from O or our TA, although I suppose mistakes do happen.

Edited by roothy123

Is it supposed to show in the documents the pp gratuities and OBC and free internet?

I seem to remember it is listed on your final cruise summery that come 3 wks prior via email

It should also show on your invoice

All of this is specified in the final Oceania invoice statement. The PPG and a $2000 OBC are strangely identified as "gift orders". I can't figure that out!

Maybe it is listed as a "gift" for accounting purposes

a gift from the cruise line ...$2000 is a nice gift :D

Maybe it is listed as a "gift" for accounting purposes

a gift from the cruise line ...$2000 is a nice gift :D

Or if you got separate shipboard credit from your TA, perhaps this is what O calls a "gift order." (I really don't know; I'm just guessing.) I usually have to go back and figure out just what shipboard credit I have and who it came from, especially when I get a gift from the TA that's already part of an O promotion, as the TA gift can get turned into credit at times. We received PPG from our TA and from O. I just looked at our statements after final payment. O listed both PPG and some shipboard credit as "Group Amenities," which means those things are from a TA with group booking privileges. Maybe that will be reflected as "gifts" if I get a statement 3 weeks pre-cruise. It wasn't $2,000, though, but we book inexpensive cabins so probably don't get the goodies some people do.

It used to be that shipboard credit you received from a TA was reflected in a little card put in your stateroom on embarkation day. Is that still being done? I don't remember what was done last year.

Edited by roothy123

Or if you got separate shipboard credit from your TA, perhaps this is what O calls a "gift order." (I really don't know; I'm just guessing.) I usually have to go back and figure out just what shipboard credit I have and who it came from, especially when I get a gift from the TA that's already part of an O promotion, as the TA gift can get turned into credit at times.

It used to be that shipboard credit you received from a TA was reflected in a little card put in your stateroom on embarkation day. Is that still being done? I don't remember what was done last year.

Yes I do think the gift order can be from the TA

HRPROF must have a great TA to get $2000 gift :D

Yes a card was still provided in May on our cruise just like all the other OBC from Oceania club & Oceania incentive perks

Is it supposed to show in the documents the pp gratuities and OBC and free internet?

Yes, but on our recent cruise on Insignia, we had free laundry. It wasn't in our blue book though it was on on our documents from O under promotional amenities. The ship contacted Miami. If the ship's records aren't complete, I would like proof of any offer. And double-check your blue book!

Yes, but on our recent cruise on Insignia, we had free laundry. It wasn't in our blue book though it was on on our documents from O under promotional amenities. The ship contacted Miami. If the ship's records aren't complete, I would like proof of any offer. And double-check your blue book!

I agree that it doesn't hurt to take documentation.

I didn't realize Oceania (or a TA) gave anyone free laundry, assuming this is laundry done by Oceania, not the cruiser! Was this on the World Cruise?

Edited by roothy123

I didn't realize Oceania (or a TA) gave anyone free laundry, assuming this is laundry done by Oceania, not the cruiser! Was this on the World Cruise?

I am guessing

On the longer segments of the RTW cruise it is a perk from Oceania

We were on two segments of the world cruise (Grand Voyage) and it was an offer from O. Lovely! I could get used to my socks coming from the laundry wrapped in paper!

Hey, hold on! That 2000K "gift" resulted from a reduction in fare for our reserved OS. It was passed on to us following the published fare reduction.

something new then

I have not had a fare reduction added as an OBC usually it comes off the final payment

Was your fare reduced after FP?

Is there a place on O's website where I can find/view my final documents? The link for my final docs from my TA doesn't work. I am working on getting that corrected but as I wait I was wondering if they can be found on line.

The link sent to me takes me to O's website but then I get an error message so the docs must be there somewhere???

Is there a place on O's website where I can find/view my final documents? The link for my final docs from my TA doesn't work. I am working on getting that corrected but as I wait I was wondering if they can be found on line.

The link sent to me takes me to O's website but then I get an error message so the docs must be there somewhere???

Not really the same as what's in the blue booklet, but if you go here, at least you can find basic info like booking #, date you made final payment, etc:

My Account at right corner

Manage Bookings

Booked Cruises

Manage Bookings (again; only works if use this sequence, I think)

Then you'll see basic info plus tabs to find your air arrangements, etc. If you've booked excursions, I assume they show up under that tab; plus culinary classes under "Other Options"

Thanks for the info. I know I'll get on the ship. I just wanted the fun in looking at the Docs. Interesting that they don't provide them on their website.

Well, I think I'm repeating what I said above (if so, sorry!) but I'm not really anticipating receiving anything else except perhaps the mysterious emailed documents that some people say will come 3 weeks pre-cruise. If they do, I can't imagine anything new in there, as I already have all the particulars from back in August when I received documents from Oceania after final payment, plus something a month ago outlining air arrangements, and then something changing the air arrangements.

Oh, speaking of air arrangements, if you need your air arrangements, that's listed online under the "Air" tab - or in your blue cruise booklet.

To me, the cruise booklet contains the best stuff, although it gets repetitive after you've been on a couple O cruises.

I've been looking at the excursions in Bora Bora and can't make up my mind on which ones I want to take (other than all of them!) I'm a snorkel failure, so I'm interested in the Aquabike and what I call the "helmet dive" although there may be a different name for it. I think it's called Snuba in other places. Has anyone done this kind of thing? I have lots of shipboard credit to use, so I'm thinking of choosing one of these excursions, and my husband sounds interested in trying them, too. The shark and ray excursion also interests me.

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of thing, especially on Bora Bora? What about other options on Bora Bora? My primary interest is photography; not really into water sports much, and not very athletic. Not hugely into beaches either, as I live 2 1/2 hours away from the Atlantic. Of course, Bora Bora is a little prettier than Delaware, I suspect!

Roothy, we did Patrick's 3/4 day motu picnic and snorkel. I'm not a big snorkel person either ( my husband is) but even if you don't step in the water it's a fantastic boat ride and picnic. He also offers a full day with a land excursion. You can google Patrick's motu picnic to find the info. It was a fantastic day

Roothy, we did Patrick's 3/4 day motu picnic and snorkel. I'm not a big snorkel person either ( my husband is) but even if you don't step in the water it's a fantastic boat ride and picnic. He also offers a full day with a land excursion. You can google Patrick's motu picnic to find the info. It was a fantastic day

Can't recommend enough Patrick and his crew. And the food and drink on the picnic table in the water. Wonderful lobster, pig roast and everything else plus unlimited beer pop and water.

Simply a FANTASTIC day and so reasonably priced!!!!!!

Well, I think I'm repeating what I said above (if so, sorry!) but I'm not really anticipating receiving anything else except perhaps the mysterious emailed documents that some people say will come 3 weeks pre-cruise. If they do, I can't imagine anything new in there, as I already have all the particulars from back in August when I received documents from Oceania after final payment, plus something a month ago outlining air arrangements, and then something changing the air arrangements.

Oh, speaking of air arrangements, if you need your air arrangements, that's listed online under the "Air" tab - or in your blue cruise booklet.

To me, the cruise booklet contains the best stuff, although it gets repetitive after you've been on a couple O cruises.

A cautionary tale about the Blue Booklet vs the final docs that are emailed 21 days prior to the cruise:

The booklet that was received 8 weeks in advance appeared to be consistent with all the other information we had. When the docs arrived, I barely gave them a glance. UNTIL I saw a post on CC about the Manhattan vs Brooklyn cruise terminals. Looked at the docs again and discovered that between the printing of the booklet and the final docs, the cruise terminal was changed from Manhattan to Brooklyn!

There were many passengers that had overnighted in Manhattan to be close to the terminal and we ran into more than one couple who taxied to Manhattan only to find out they were nearly an hour away from the correct terminal in Brooklyn!

Never assume that the booklet is right!!

A cautionary tale about the Blue Booklet vs the final docs that are emailed 21 days prior to the cruise:

The booklet that was received 8 weeks in advance appeared to be consistent with all the other information we had. When the docs arrived, I barely gave them a glance. UNTIL I saw a post on CC about the Manhattan vs Brooklyn cruise terminals. Looked at the docs again and discovered that between the printing of the booklet and the final docs, the cruise terminal was changed from Manhattan to Brooklyn!

There were many passengers that had overnighted in Manhattan to be close to the terminal and we ran into more than one couple who taxied to Manhattan only to find out they were nearly an hour away from the correct terminal in Brooklyn!

Never assume that the booklet is right!!

Great point, and port location can change almost overnight since it's up to the port. We had a switch like that this September in Venice at the last minute (not Oceania but another line). I was glad I looked up the ship's location on Marine Traffic, as navigating in Venice is a bit challenging to begin with and I didn't want a surprise. Despite everyone on Cruise Critic saying it was highly unlikely an ocean liner would be assigned to San Basilio, that's exactly what happened.