Ice Cream Sundaes W/O Coffee Card

SoCalMusicLover

I have read that you can use punches on the coffee card for ice cream sundaes. Does that mean they are not normally included on the ship? How much do they usually run? I'm going to have the beverages & more card, so I could use that for an ice cream shake fix, on the Ruby Princess, but if I feel like a sundae at some point, just wondering what it will set me back. I was under the impression that all food is included on the ship, except for dining at the specialty restaurants. Are there any other food purchases which will cost extra $$?

I think the sundaes you speak of are from the International Cafes that serve gelato (not all IC's have gelato) and/or the separate venues for gelato on the Royal and Regal. Each sundae is about 3.50. If you want a sundae with a liquor drizzle, it is a bit more.

I have read that you can use punches on the coffee card for ice cream sundaes. Does that mean they are not normally included on the ship? How much do they usually run? I'm going to have the beverages & more card, so I could use that for an ice cream shake fix, on the Ruby Princess, but if I feel like a sundae at some point, just wondering what it will set me back. I was under the impression that all food is included on the ship, except for dining at the specialty restaurants. Are there any other food purchases which will cost extra $$?

Specialty coffees, room service pizza, gelato (if available).

A punch on the coffee card can be used at the Gelato stand on Royal and Regal Princess.

There are some reports of punches being accepted at the International Cafe for Gelato on the ships it is offered there (Crown, Emerald and Ruby). But since the price of Gelato on those three ships is less than the discounted value of a punch there is no point unless you have punches to use up and don't wish for any more specialty coffees the rest of your cruise.

On the Grand-class ships soft serve ice cream is available for free at the stands on the pool deck, which were originally constructed for serving brand-name scooped ice cream for a fee. You can add toppings to your soft-serve cup for a very small charge, much less than the cost of the hand-dipped sundaes of Princess' past.

Edited by fishywood

As TracieABD posted, the only ships that offer sundaes that can be purchased with the coffee card are the Royal and Regal and they are available at Gelato. The three ships that offer gelato at the IC do not offer sundaes, just three scoops of gelato for $1.50. You can get complementary sundaes at lunch and dinner in the dining rooms. You can get two scoops of a variety of flavors with several sauces, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry. The is also a banana split (the Volcano) available on the children's menu.

A punch on the coffee card can be used at the Gelato stand on Royal and Regal Princess.

There are some reports of punches being accepted at the International Cafe for Gelato on the ships it is offered there (Crown, Emerald and Ruby). But since the price of Gelato on those three ships is less than the discounted value of a punch there is no point unless you have punches to use up and don't wish for any more specialty coffees the rest of your cruise.

On the Grand-class ships soft serve ice cream is available for free at the stands on the pool deck, which were originally constructed for serving brand-name scooped ice cream for a fee. You can add toppings to your soft-serve cup for a very small charge, much less than the cost of the hand-dipped sundaes of Princess' past.

The soft serve is available on the Royal and Regal also.

You can add toppings to your soft-serve cup for a very small charge, much less than the cost of the hand-dipped sundaes of Princess' past.

Chocolate or multi-colored "sprinkles" have been free on the ships I have been on. Haven't seen any other toppings, are there others?

Haven't been on Regal/Royal - do they have different toppings?

Chocolate or multi-colored "sprinkles" have been free on the ships I have been on. Haven't seen any other toppings, are there others?

Yes. Here is the menu from the Royal. Toppings on the left side.

891229%20070%2012.29.14%20Gelato%20menu%20deck%205%20DSC03863_zpsu4zui4xw.jpg

Edited by caribill

Yes. Here is the menu from the Royal. Toppings on the left side.

891229%20070%2012.29.14%20Gelato%20menu%20deck%205%20DSC03863_zpsu4zui4xw.jpg

[/font][/size]

I know that you posted the menu to show the topping choices on the Royal/Regal but I want to add that it has been posted that the price for the non-alcoholic items has increased from $2.75 to $3.50.

Thanks for the info and update on the price. Sounds like it's $3.50 for a sundae. I suppose I'll treat myself once to a crepe and once to a sundae. Still cheaper than they would cost me normally, and I'm assuming the gelato is good.
If you have a coffee card, you can get the crepe or sundae for one punch which is a good deal.

It appears the OP is sailing on Ruby Princess later this month.

The menu posted above is only found on Royal and Regal.

Ruby has only the small scoops of Gelato from the IC, not a separate Gelato stand.

Soft-serve ice cream is available for free at the stand by the pool; while my observation last year was that they were charging for toppings others report they were free.

It appears the OP is sailing on Ruby Princess later this month.

The menu posted above is only found on Royal and Regal.

Ruby has only the small scoops of Gelato from the IC, not a separate Gelato stand.

Soft-serve ice cream is available for free at the stand by the pool; while my observation last year was that they were charging for toppings others report they were free.

Is there a charge for the gelato, or is it very limited and therefore free?

Is the only way to get an actual sundae to get soft serve by the pool and then add the toppings, possibly at an extra cost?

Is there a charge for the gelato, or is it very limited and therefore free?

Is the only way to get an actual sundae to get soft serve by the pool and then add the toppings, possibly at an extra cost?

There is a nominal charge for gelato on the Ruby. about $1.50 for three small scoops. I am not sure about sundaes by the pool. But you can get them for no charge in the MDR at lunch and dinner.