Jewel to Mexico: Review, Photos, and Video tour of ship

Sheebah

This will be our first time driving to a port. Any problems with luggage drop off and parking? Is the parking lot far from the embarkation area?

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your week! Thanks for posting pictures of the Spinnaker lounge. I miss those on the newer ships.

Thanks for the kind words. I love O'Sheehans. The fish and chips and burger were great and so was breakfast.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Enjoying your review and also happy to see the current O'Sheehans' menu.

We will be in a cabin a short distance from there and plan on using it often.:)

Thanks Sheebah for the great posts. Any chance of you taking pictures of the dailies like you did of the O'sheehan's and teppanyaki menus and posting them? We are sailing in January and would love to get a sneak peek.

You bet. I'm going to pdf them tomorrow and see if I can upload them that way. Stay tuned :-)

This will be our first time driving to a port. Any problems with luggage drop off and parking? Is the parking lot far from the embarkation area?

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your week! Thanks for posting pictures of the Spinnaker lounge. I miss those on the newer ships.

No issues! It's a piece of cake. When you enter just follow signs for luggage drop off. Then, as you leave drop off, follow signs for parking lot return, which is just a quick little re-entry . The staff will help you, they are posted on foot everywhere. The lot is immediately adjacent to the drop off spot. A 1-3 minute walk, shorter than most mall parking lots. It's all open air, unlike long beach which is multi level. Don't worry- san Pedro is easy to navigate. Unfortunately it's also pricey. $16.00 per day I believe.

Enjoying your review and also happy to see the current O'Sheehans' menu.

We will be in a cabin a short distance from there and plan on using it often.:)

Thanks. It is so convenient.....and i love the dark wood decor therr....they do close for 30 minutes between meals so watch for that. They are slightly incorrect when they say they are 24 hour :-)

Keep the info coming. Just talked with our TA a few hours ago and looking at doing her next November for DW birthday and getting the drink package thrown in is a real perk. She told me if we booked by the 24th we also get $150 OBC.

Also, flying from Sacramento makes the trip a lot more attractive than something from FL; if all we want is a quick reasonable get away.

Here is the program scheduled for the Kids Club (aka SPLASH ACADEMY), ages 6-9 ONLY in a weekly overview format. Our son didn't participate, but it looked like a blast. Of course, there are many other age groups, but we only grabbed this one.

20151117_185511_zpsgmcx5keg.jpg

20151117_182519_zpsqvfh29k2.jpg

Thanks Sheebah for the great posts. Any chance of you taking pictures of the dailies like you did of the O'sheehan's and teppanyaki menus and posting them? We are sailing in January and would love to get a sneak peek.

Hey there, I just snapped photos of the dailies and uploaded them. Sorry for the blur on a few. Enjoy!

Keep the info coming. Just talked with our TA a few hours ago and looking at doing her next November for DW birthday and getting the drink package thrown in is a real perk. She told me if we booked by the 24th we also get $150 OBC.

Also, flying from Sacramento makes the trip a lot more attractive than something from FL; if all we want is a quick reasonable get away.

The drink package is the best value for sure, well over $500 in value, right? That $150 will pay for a chunk of the tips, which is awesome.

We are not crazy about ncl main dining room food, but with so many other options, like buffet and O'Sheehans, I'm not sure I'd do the dining package again. I have guilt saying this but I actually got a little weary of steak and lobster. Sigh....

You'll love the ship and staff. It's s very nice cruise. If you can, snag a mini suite if it makes sense for your budget.

They are the photos in entries 33-41 of this thread. See them now?

:eek: there they are!

Thank you for your review and pictures. I'll be on the Jewel in 18 days!!

Do you recall if any specialty restaurants were open on sea days?

Waiting for more of your review!!

:eek: there they are!

Thank you for your review and pictures. I'll be on the Jewel in 18 days!!

Do you recall if any specialty restaurants were open on sea days?

Waiting for more of your review!!

Ah, great question. I assume you mean for lunch, right? Because they are open every day for dinners. Yes, there are a few: 1) Teppanyaki is open on the last two sea days, and offers the same menu at the same price at noon. We did it both days, and because we had the UDP, we only paid gratuity. 2) Chin Chin is also open on sea days, but be prepared to get there early (before noon opening time). There will be a line. Chin Chin is free, but there are sushi and "for fee" items on that restaurant menu.

I don't think the other restaurants are open for lunch on sea days, unless you are a suite or haven passenger.