Ventura pickpockets

Warrior Princess

just back from a Canary Island cruise on the Ventura and we were told by 2 different people that a couple posing as disabled were caught stealing from other passengers, taking things out of bags as they left the shops, we were told when crew went to the cabin it was like Alladin's cave, not sure if this is true but if it is I hope apart from putting them of the ship at La Coruna they inform all other cruise lines of their details to ban them from cruising for life.

Edited by Warrior Princess

just back from a Canary Island cruise on the Ventura and we were told by 2 different people that a couple posing as disabled were caught stealing from other passengers, taking things out of bags as they left the shops, we were told when crew went to the cabin it was like Alladin's cave, not sure if this is true but if it is I hope apart from putting them of the ship at La Coruna they inform all other cruise lines of their details to ban them from cruising for life.

Not that rumour again. This has been going the rounds for over 10 years.

It's the Alladin's cave that gives it away.

This is true I tell you my wife had her bag snatched on deck 7 and the youth sped off on a Quingo Classic I was a bit suspicious of him in the shop as he had additional wing mirrors fitted and his reverse warning alarm had been disconnected. I thought I saw him later on in the cruise but knew it wasn't him as he was in the gym on a treadmill at a higher speed than mine so could not have been him

Regards John

This is true I tell you my wife had her bag snatched on deck 7 and the youth sped off on a Quingo Classic I was a bit suspicious of him in the shop as he had additional wing mirrors fitted and his reverse warning alarm had been disconnected. I thought I saw him later on in the cruise but knew it wasn't him as he was in the gym on a treadmill at a higher speed than mine so could not have been him

Regards John

I think he escaped on a specially adapted getaway pedalo. ;)

There was a case reported by the MSM a couple of years ago where a couple got on a cruise ship and spent a fortune in the shops and got off after the second port never to been seen by the ship again.

I'll see if I can find the link in case anyone is dubious.

you are so right will keep it to myself in future, however I wonder what happened to the lady I heard reporting a theft to the purser one evening.

All joking aside I did have my purse stolen on Ventura. It was in the cabin but my own stupid fault as it wasn't locked up. So on a serious note crime does exist onboard!

All joking aside I did have my purse stolen on Ventura. It was in the cabin but my own stupid fault as it wasn't locked up. So on a serious note crime does exist onboard!

More than people would think, sometimes its best not to google about it.

Gosh I need to be more careful. I am very relaxed while on the ship as never expect anything like this.:(

Gosh I need to be more careful. I am very relaxed while on the ship as never expect anything like this.:(

Yes, I remember taking it out of my bag and thinking I wouldn't need it on the cruise and I shoved it in the open safe. Then there was a bit of a rush to look at the retreat and go to muster and neither of us actually locked it, neither did we check the balcony door [emoji15] (very silly). That was the only time the safe was left unlocked, neither of us remember seeing it the rest of the cruise (which was only two nights I think) then at the end I realised it had gone. Now we are very careful, we often used to leave things lying around but never since then. None of my cards were used, probably lying at the bottom of the sea. Having said all that I think that incidents like that are in the small minority.

Yes, I remember taking it out of my bag and thinking I wouldn't need it on the cruise and I shoved it in the open safe. Then there was a bit of a rush to look at the retreat and go to muster and neither of us actually locked it, neither did we check the balcony door [emoji15] (very silly). That was the only time the safe was left unlocked, neither of us remember seeing it the rest of the cruise (which was only two nights I think) then at the end I realised it had gone. Now we are very careful, we often used to leave things lying around but never since then. None of my cards were used, probably lying at the bottom of the sea. Having said all that I think that incidents like that are in the small minority.

The only thing that I find goes missing is the wine from my wine box in the fridge. Someone must be taking it as it goes down so quickly:D:D

We treat the cruise ships as if we were in a land based hotel and realise not everyone is honest, I only take fashion jewellery on holiday except for my rings I always wear and everything else goes in the safe.

We treat the cruise ships as if we were in a land based hotel and realise not everyone is honest, I only take fashion jewellery on holiday except for my rings I always wear and everything else goes in the safe.

We are usually really careful it was just a moment of madness, they didn't bother with other valuables just wanted cash I think.