Drink Prices

What are soda prices? I'm on the Indy next week and trying to justify a beverage pkg myself. I usually have 2-3 sodas and 2-3 frozen cocktails per day.

Is gratuity included in the beverage pkg?

Gratuities are included in all beverage packages.

A can of soda runs around $2.50. Fountain soda is not available for single purchase, it's only available with packages. So the only soda you can get without a package is a can.

Thanks for the quick responses. I am trying to figure out the value of the drink packages. I am mostly a water, wine and beer drinker these days. I only drink but a couple glasses of wine each evening so I'm thinking I'll pay as I go. I also plan to bring 2 bottles of wine on board for the cabin.

You can also order a couple bottles of wine online before you board - a little costly for the price of their bottles - but if you figure by the glass it is not much at all! :)

The least expensive Pinot Grigio on the Liberty last month was Danzante. We really liked it. It was $30 a bottle. A couple of days ago someone posted the wine list for the Anthem and the same bottle of wine was $36.

I understand there is a markup but that is ridiculous. Danzante Pinot Grigio is cheap wine and costs between 7 dollars and 11 dollars a bottle.

We bought then canceled the Premium package. We boarded Oasis this week with $225 OBC. This is Wednesday night, 5 days into our cruise. I just checked my account and we now owe $200. We've not limited ourselves at all. If we wanted a drink or four, we drank them! We also purchased (for gifts) 3 bottles of liquor, I've paid for wash and fold ($30/bag), AND the Voom internet service which I added on Day 3 ($67.50 with our gold discount). We came aboard with the thought process that with $225/OBC, even if we spent an additional $575 on alcohol alone, we wouldn't be any worse off than having bought the package to begin with. In fact we would be $225 to the good. I can't imagine drinking another $300+ on the remaining two cruise days. We typically don't drink at all on the last sea day.

The purpose of this was for comparison. We've bought everything we wanted to drink, bought gifts, Internet, and are still several hundred under what we would've spent had we bought the package. But your mileage may vary of course.

Edited by Sherri914

surprisingly they had bogo deals on certain drinks at the solarium on my recent serenade cruise. It wasn't announced, just a pleasant surprised when I ordered 2 mudslides.

I at best broke even with the select package and wouldn't sign up for another package. But then, my cruise had six consecutive port stops.

Beer was around 5.50 plus grat.

Are there also vending machines on RC ships? On Norwegian Epic we often bought some bottles and stored them the fridge.

I've only seen vending machines in the fitness center, and I don't recall if they stocked plain bottled water. There will be plain bottled water to purchase in the stateroom. On our last cruise the cost was $3 for each 500ml bottle.

Edited by clarea

I think they're starting to do away with the DOD.

Last month on the Oasis it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

When someone asked what the DOD was at the pool bar the reply was "Whatever you're drinking".

A DOD was noted in the compass for every day of the November 6 Enchantment.

M