NCL Star Complimentary Dining

mickeychicky

The complimentary dining places on the star (Ginza, O'Sheehan's Bar and Grill, Topsiders Bar and Grill, Bier Garten) how does the prepaid gratuity tie into these? Do you still tip? And is it just walk up and sit down wherever you find a table, wait to be seated? I feel like if someone is "waiting" on you in a place that is "included" then you should still tip right?

The complimentary dining places on the star (Ginza, O'Sheehan's Bar and Grill, Topsiders Bar and Grill, Bier Garten) how does the prepaid gratuity tie into these? Do you still tip? And is it just walk up and sit down wherever you find a table, wait to be seated? I feel like if someone is "waiting" on you in a place that is "included" then you should still tip right?
When you pay your DSC, it covers the staff in the complimentary venues. You can tip extra if you like, but it is not expected.

If everyone in your party has pre paid gratuities, you can tip a little extra if you think the service was worth it. Believe me, no one will stop you. The only restaurant that you will have to wait to be seated, of the ones you mentioned, is Ginza. If O'Sheehan's is anything like the Blue Lagoon was, I think you can seat yourself.

Even in Blue Lagoon you need to wait to be seated, there is a big sign at the entrance by the maitre d's podium.

Last time I sailed I remember just sitting at a table. It was on the Gem. The fact that it was around 2 or 3 in the morning and there was no one else in the restaurant had something to do with it I believe.

Just got off the Star, all those restaurants are wait to be seated. The Market Cafe is the only one you seat yourself and it is buffet.

Tips are included in gratuities but they would be happy if they got extra, up to you.

Whether you prepay your daily service charge, or it is charged to your room automatically, all of the wait staff in the complimentary restaurants are covered. That includes the servers in bus persons in the Market Cafe. If you have exceptional service, don't be shy about giving them a bit extra.

In all of the dining rooms (Versailles, Acqua, Ginza, O'Sheehan's) the host will swipe your room key and seat you at a table. At the bars like 5'Oclock somewhere, Bier Garten, Gatsby's, Spinnaker, Sugar Cane, Topsiders) just grab a seat.

Enjoy!

In all of the dining rooms (Versailles, Aqua, Ginza, O'Sheehan's) the host will swipe your room key and seat you at a table.

In O'Sheehan's it was more common for them to ask for your room number and for them to write it on a sheet of paper.

The other three normally swiped your card unless the system was down, not very often.

Mike