Voom- adding a second device onboard

We've already purchased the package for one device. I am now contemplating whether we should have purchased a second device for communicating on board. I'm thinking that we'll just wait and see if it's necessary?

The question I have is whether if we do decide to add a device on board they will charge the full $15 daily rate for it, vs. the $7.50/day for added device.

We've got some on board credit and are wondering what we'll spend it on at this point, since we've already pre-purchased all of our dining, excursions and drink packages.

We've already purchased the package for one device. I am now contemplating whether we should have purchased a second device for communicating on board. I'm thinking that we'll just wait and see if it's necessary?

The question I have is whether if we do decide to add a device on board they will charge the full $15 daily rate for it, vs. the $7.50/day for added device.

We've got some on board credit and are wondering what we'll spend it on at this point, since we've already pre-purchased all of our dining, excursions and drink packages.

Why not cancel the Internet and it will be refunded to your credit card and then purchase the package you want on board to use up your OBC.

Slightly risky, but on the recent TA on the Allure, my 1 device package allowed me to connect on several devices at the same time.

Might be worth waiting.

If RC are reading this, please ignore. [emoji3]

On Oasis now. I bought wifi for one device only on day 3. I was charged for the remainder only. AND.. Idk if this is a fluke or not but as I'm typing this, my husband is on his phone, I'm posting from my phone, and I am currently streaming a movie on my iPad. I found this out by accident.

What happened was that on day 4, my husband wanted to check email on his phone. I logged off for him to log on. Didn't think anything else of it. Next morning, I logged back on wifi on my iPhone, assuming he had logged off the night before. I easily accessed the wifi. And as I walked onto the balcony, I saw that he, too, was on wifi. We only have one user name and password. It's running all our devices simultaneously.

Edited by Sherri914

I am in the same boat. I called my TA and she called RCCL, they said I can either cancel and reorder but the refund to my card could take 7-10 business days and I leave this weekend. Or I could go to guest services onboard and they will change the plan to a 2 device plan and charge me the difference between the 1 device and 2 device plans.

Thats what I am going to do. I can let you know how it works out.

Ameena

I am in the same boat. I called my TA and she called RCCL, they said I can either cancel and reorder but the refund to my card could take 7-10 business days and I leave this weekend. Or I could go to guest services onboard and they will change the plan to a 2 device plan and charge me the difference between the 1 device and 2 device plans.

Thats what I am going to do. I can let you know how it works out.

Ameena

I would wait and see if the single user name and password works both devices simultaneously as it has been with us and several others on board that I've talked to. If it doesn't, then add the second device.

Slightly risky, but on the recent TA on the Allure, my 1 device package allowed me to connect on several devices at the same time.

Might be worth waiting.

If RC are reading this, please ignore. [emoji3]

And for us, on a Recent Allure TA, it didnt work that way:confused:

on a side note while Voom was awesome it actually was down for one day during our TA

Edited by jonbgd

Mods should delete this thread- if you advertise you were able to get the wifi on 2 devices while paying for 1 , I am sure this will alert RCI to correct that mistake.:eek:

True, but CC is about sharing knowledge.

It will probably take RC IT a couple of years to fix anyway [emoji6]