Question about the Eurodam

Kerry&LuAnn

Does the Eurodam have self-service laundry facilities? How about ironing boards and irons?

No they don't..However, HAL always does a wonderful job of washing & pressing on board.. Just let your Steward know if you want Laundry &/or Pressing done..

For laundry the blue bag holds quite a lot if rolled & stuffed tightly...It's well worth the price..Used to be $20 a bag, but it may have changed since we last sailed on HAL..

No they don't..However, HAL always does a wonderful job of washing & pressing on board.. Just let your Steward know if you want Laundry &/or Pressing done..

For laundry the blue bag holds quite a lot if rolled & stuffed tightly...It's well worth the price..Used to be $20 a bag, but it may have changed since we last sailed on HAL..

It was $30 a bag on the Eurodam in Europe this summer, $20 a bag in the Caribbean on the Westerdam last month. I got really good cramming almost a week's worth of laundry in the bag!

It was $30 a bag on the Eurodam in Europe this summer, $20 a bag in the Caribbean on the Westerdam last month. I got really good cramming almost a week's worth of laundry in the bag!

Oh yes, we're also Pro's at rolling & cramming..

DH has long arms..I roll the clothes & he does the cramming in the bag..I roll several things together such as shirts very tightly..The bag is quite heavy when DH gets done with the cramming...:eek::D

I don't send my delicate things out, but do send the everyday clothes & DH's shirts to the laundry...Love being able to put clean clothes away when we un=pack..:) It's the best deal HAL has..SIZE]

Edited by serendipity1499

Be very careful what you send out to the laundry.

Our white undies came back light blue (I think this will wash out).

Best tip ever (got it here on CC) - the last 2 times (out of a total of 4 - unlimited) we sent out laundry, we asked for it folded, not on hangers. Wow, easy peasy to just transfer it from the basket to the suitcase - saved hours when packing!

Unlike those reporting that everything is washed in hot water, I have not found that to be the case. If it true, all cotton clothing items would be completely destroyed by shrinkage.

My Behind the Scenes tour of the Oosterdam Laundry showed that items are NOT washed in hot water. Those items with "wash cold - dry low"written in the special instructions area on the Laundry Form in my experience have been washed separately and always returned with both no evidence of shrinkage and no indication of being washed other than in the special method requested. I have two pair of polyester Columbia hiking pants that have been washed in cold water more than 15 times by HAL and I see no shrinkage in the stitching.

If a passenger believes the the hot water-only washing theory, it would be prudent to not send any cotton, polyester, nylon, permanent press, colored or cold-only items to the HAL Laundry.

We assume this means no iron and ironing board available to passengers as well. Just thinking about the necessity to press out some wrinkles (not laundering) after first unpacking onboard.

That's correct. Downy Wrinkle Releaser works wonders. You can also use steam from the shower to get most winkles out.

They put the little ID tags on so well that removing them can actually damage the clothes. Not removing them can damage the skin. :p