Must Try Drinks

JenDu32

Saw someone drinking what looked like a milkshake. I asked him what it was and was it good. Delish he said it was delicious and it was a Mudslider.

I need to go on another cruise just to try that drink.

I was kind of kidding, but now you got me thinking. I just might do that!!!! I'll post a link to it in this thread. We fly out Saturday and on the ship Sunday. The drink ideas are definitely helping with the excitement. [emoji483][emoji484]

Please do! I would love to see it before I go. :)

It will be interesting to read yours and compare. Which drink you selected and which you liked.

If this were food we could call ourselves foodies. What are we for this?!? Lushes!!? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ha! works for me. We could just say we are being thrifty and ensuring we get our money's worth out of the drink package.

quick question. It's been a long time since we have been on Royal. We are going on the Allure next Sunday. These drinks sound amazing. Can you get these drinks at any bar on the ship? Or do certain bars only make certain drinks? Do the bars have drink menu's, or should I take someones idea and write them all down? I don't hear much about the champagne bar? Does that have it's own menu? Love reading all these drink ideas!!

quick question. It's been a long time since we have been on Royal. We are going on the Allure next Sunday. These drinks sound amazing. Can you get these drinks at any bar on the ship? Or do certain bars only make certain drinks? Do the bars have drink menu's, or should I take someones idea and write them all down? I don't hear much about the champagne bar? Does that have it's own menu? Love reading all these drink ideas!!

My experience has been that certain bars have more specialty drinks but the standards can be had anywhere.

The only bars that I saw a menu in was Schooner bar and the Pub. That's why I found the old fashioned with Hennessey. We did not go into the Champagne and Martini bar, but I would have to assume that they would have a menu.

The Pub menu was mostly beer and did have some cocktails on the back. You can also ask the bartenders what they recommend, and if you find yourself on the rising tide as for the Voronet.

Our favorite drink is called a Sandy V*****. We just call them "Sandy V's" around the kiddos ;-)

We can only find it at Grand Turk at Jack's Shack...but we make them at home all the time. I'm going to try to get the bar tenders on the AOS to make them next week:

1oz+ Vanilla Vodka (Absolut if they have it)

1oz+ Coconut Rum (Bacardi if they have it)

6-8oz Pineapple Juice

No alcohol bitterness, just tastes like a sweet, vanilla, coconut pineapple. Very good. And it'll catch up to you QUICK...

While this isn't a drink I have seen yet on board this is a great drink which is delish!!!

3 oz vanilla vodka

2 oz key lime liquor (Keke is best)

2 oz cream or milk

3 oz pineapple juice

Put all ingredients into shaker with ice and shake! Pour!!!!

For a martini style same thing but put a graham cracker crust on the rim of the martini glass.

I might have one tonight since we sail tomorrow!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I had at least one mudslide a day on our 9-night Liberty (13-22 Nov). I've lost 6 lbs since returning home. Therefore, Mudslides are hazardous to your waistline, but oh so good!

A few days into our cruise they offered a punch card drink package, 10 drinks for $67....you could get any premium drinks with it and it was shareable. This punch card offer only got a small mention in the Compass on one day, so keep your eyes open for it. :)