No More Formal Nights?

Fred C

There are at least 3 or 4 threads on this topic on the board. Yes, they are doing away with mandatory formal nights. If one wishes to wear formal clothing, one is certainly free to do so. Those who choose not to are no longer banned from the MDR.

There are at least 3 or 4 threads on this topic on the board. Yes, they are doing away with mandatory formal nights. If one wishes to wear formal clothing, one is certainly free to do so. Those who choose not to are no longer banned from the MDR.

Wow! Was not aware that people who did not choose to don formal wear were banned from the MDR. I have always chosen to wear sports coat and sometimes a tie and for her a dressy top and black pants. We have never had anyone ever question us or look at us disapprovingly.

The "change" is simply IMO putting into writing what has been in effect for some 10+ years of not requiring formal wear.

Wow! Was not aware that people who did not choose to don formal wear were banned from the MDR. I have always chosen to wear sports coat and sometimes a tie and for her a dressy top and black pants. We have never had anyone ever question us or look at us disapprovingly.

The "change" is simply IMO putting into writing what has been in effect for some 10+ years of not requiring formal wear.

They very seldom ever enforced the dress code on formal nights. We have over 200 days on Celebrity, going back over 12 years and I could count on one hand how many people were refused entry to the dining room because they weren't dressed up. They won't enforce the dress code for "chic" nights so don't be surprised when seeing shorts and tees.

Very true ... just putting in writing what many were already doing anyway. :)

LuLu