Evening Cocktail Hour on Solstice

born-to-cruise

Aloha Cruisers,

First time to cruise with Celebrity specifically Solstice......

Celebrity honored my Crown and Anchor membership by enjoying Elite status benefits. My wife and I are booked to cruise 18 nights, Tahitian Treasures from Sydney to Honolulu, April 9-26, 2016. Looking forward for it......

I like my wine before dinner. I would appreciate if someone could tell me where the Evening Cocktail Hour is held on the Solstice-what room?

To those that have done Tahitian Treasures, any tips to further enjoy the cruise will be much appreciated as well.

Thank you so much in advance.....

Cheers,

Born-To-Cruise

(as funds permits)

11 Royal Caribbean International

3 Carnival

Unlike Royal Caribbean with which you are familiar, there is not a dedicated, access-limited space for Elites like the Diamond Lounge you find on Royal's ships.

If there are not too many Elites, the cocktail time will be held in the Sky Lounge. I was on this cruise two years ago and there were very few Elites, and I think that's likely this year as well. If, however, the number crosses some magic threshold, then instead of having the Elite Cocktail Party they will issue you drink vouchers, three per person, which can be used there or in several other bars around the ship.

We did this cruise in reverse last year. Amazing.

Make sure you take your binoculars, we saw a whale off Morea!

Best trips included snorkling in Bora Bora, Hole in the Rock trip Bay of Islands and 'Hobiton' from Aukland.

Elite event was in the sky lounge and very enjoyable.

We loved the Solstice and enjoyed excellent service. We are returning to cruise on her again next year.

We did this cruise in reverse last year. Amazing.

Make sure you take your binoculars, we saw a whale off Morea!

Best trips included snorkling in Bora Bora, Hole in the Rock trip Bay of Islands and 'Hobiton' from Aukland.

Elite event was in the sky lounge and very enjoyable.

We loved the Solstice and enjoyed excellent service. We are returning to cruise on her again next year.

When is this trip held in reverse, what month, date, length next year? I can never find it.

We did Tahitian Treasures October 2014 Hawaii to Sydney. I have just tried to find the equivalent for 2016 but can't spot it. Don't know if I have missed it or if the Solstice is following a different itinerary at the end of her Alaska season. Some people on our cruise had come from Alaska, across to Hawaii, the trip around Hawaii before continuing on to Sydney.

The only difference in the two itineraries was we lost a day and the other cruise gained a day and visited Morea I think.

I also think the Millie has a Tahitian Treasures itinery...not sure when.

Happy cruising.

We have not been to an evening cocktail hour since Celebrity started 123 Go.

...despite having a premium package and access to Michael's Club which we really love we still enjoy popping into the Elite cocktails one or two nights each cruise.

It has never been about free drinks, it is about meeting well cruised, like minded people. We also always find the Captain's Club hosts so very friendly. I guess on those occasions when the ship is full of Elites it becomes less pleasant.

Hope you enjoy your cruise on Celebrity, we were big RCCL fans until we cruised Celebrity and now they are our preferred line.

Aloha Cruisers,

First time to cruise with Celebrity specifically Solstice......

Celebrity honored my Crown and Anchor membership by enjoying Elite status benefits. My wife and I are booked to cruise 18 nights, Tahitian Treasures from Sydney to Honolulu, April 9-26, 2016. Looking forward for it......

I like my wine before dinner. I would appreciate if someone could tell me where the Evening Cocktail Hour is held on the Solstice-what room?

To those that have done Tahitian Treasures, any tips to further enjoy the cruise will be much appreciated as well.

Thank you so much in advance.....

Cheers,

Born-To-Cruise

(as funds permits)

11 Royal Caribbean International

3 Carnival

Correct answer in post will be Sky Lounge. We are on this sailing with you. Have you posted in the Connections roll call yet??? Lots of direct info there.

Aloha Fellow Cruisers:

Y'all took time to respond to my inquiries and am very much oblige. Thank you so much. I will look for the Sky Lounge hoping to meet with y'all on a glass of wine.

The recommended land activities is very much appreciated as well.

Always looking forward to great cruises......

Cheers,

born-to-cruise

(as funds permits)

Past Cruises: 11 RCI, 3 Carnival and counting

Edited by born-to-cruise
info added

Aloha Fellow Cruisers:

Y'all took time to respond to my inquiries and am very much oblige. Thank you so much. I will look for the Sky Lounge hoping to meet with y'all on a glass of wine.

The recommended land activities is very much appreciated as well.

Always looking forward to great cruises......

Cheers,

born-to-cruise

(as funds permits)

Past Cruises: 11 RCI, 3 Carnival and counting

Here's the menu offered during the Elite cocktail hour. Anything not on this menu will be charged or used against a drinks package.

About 1/3 way down is the elite menus, under the Drinks Program.

http://www.thepreismans.com/equinox_ta_menus.htm

During long cruises using just the Elite drinks, , after a few evenings of heavy tips, we where able to just about call any drink we wanted without question. ie instead of Comos, I ordered a Lemon drop. A ounce of Vodka in both is the same.

Here's the menu offered during the Elite cocktail hour. Anything not on this menu will be charged or used against a drinks package.

About 1/3 way down is the elite menus, under the Drinks Program.

http://www.thepreismans.com/equinox_ta_menus.htm

What a fabulous compilation of food and drinks. I am more interested in the selection of food, and the menus and pictures were wonderful. I find it hard to imagine Luminae outdoing these MDR menus.

Mahalo Cle-guy, Wavtam and LewiLewi,

The menu you guys posted is helpful indeed. It added excitement to future cruise on Solstice. Happy that Celebrity's Captains's Clubs gives reciprocal recognition to RCI Crown and Anchor members. Looking forward to bumping into any one of you in the future.

Thank you so much....

Cheers,

born-to-cruise

(funds permitting)

Past Cruises: 11 RCI, 3 Carnival (prefer's 15+ nights cruises)

Edited by born-to-cruise

We did Tahitian Treasures October 2014 Hawaii to Sydney. I have just tried to find the equivalent for 2016 but can't spot it. Don't know if I have missed it or if the Solstice is following a different itinerary at the end of her Alaska season. Some people on our cruise had come from Alaska, across to Hawaii, the trip around Hawaii before continuing on to Sydney.

The only difference in the two itineraries was we lost a day and the other cruise gained a day and visited Morea I think.

I also think the Millie has a Tahitian Treasures itinery...not sure when.

Happy cruising.

My husband and I are booked on the Tahitian Treasures Cruise departing Honolulu September 19, 2016. It's not showing on the Celebrity website because it is sold out. If you are interested, try looking mid-June when final payment is due. Someone may cancel.

Thankyou for you reply. I was looking for the information to give a better response to an earlier query rather than to book. Although I would book again tomorrow given half a chance!

Honestly, it was an amazing cruise, enjoy, and thanks again for taking the trouble to post.

If you have any questions re cruise please do not hesitate to post.