Safe, Reliable, Cheap Parking in Miami

KarenMF

I am looking for safe, reliable, cheap parking in Miami for my cruise in June. The lot that I used to use seems to have moved, though the website is still there http://www.miamiparkinglots.com - hoping it's the same company, but I figured I'd ask for some more recent experiences (even though my cruise is over 6 months away)

I know NOT to use Premier Parking - I have experienced their incompetence!

I park at the port. I know it's $20/day but if I parked somewhere else I'd still pay something, so what am I saving? $10/day? I pull up, drop my bags off, park the car, walk across the street, and check in.

Last day I can decide if I want to do walk off or not, get my luggage and walk across the street and be on my way. No calling, no waiting and I know my car will be safe.

We have used Global Airport Parking for years. They have a garage about a mile from the port and a free shuttle to and from the port. Many of the passengers on the cruises we have been on use this. We have never had an issue and we save over half what it costs to park at the port. We have parked also the port, and don't feel our car is any safer. The last time we parked at the port the garage across from the NCL terminal was full. We were forced to park at the farthest garage from the NCL terminal had to take a shuttle anyway.

http://globalairportparking.com/port_of_miami_seaport_parking_POM/cheap_cruise_parking_secure_garage_403

It may be the same as premiere parking, not sure, but the web address is different.

Again, we have been pleased and the savings have been substantial, especially for longer cruises.

Thanks - this may be a possibility. It does go to Premier Cruise Parking, but it is Premier Cruise Ventures Parking (or something like that) that is the unreliable one.

We are using them again in a couple of weeks. We have already made our reservation. If there is a problem, I will be sure to post an update, but I expect things to work as usual.

We are using them again in a couple of weeks. We have already made our reservation. If there is a problem, I will be sure to post an update, but I expect things to work as usual.

Thanks - I appreciate that!

I park at the port. I know it's $20/day but if I parked somewhere else I'd still pay something, so what am I saving? $10/day? I pull up, drop my bags off, park the car, walk across the street, and check in.

Last day I can decide if I want to do walk off or not, get my luggage and walk across the street and be on my way. No calling, no waiting and I know my car will be safe.

We did a B2B Transatlantic and Northern Europe cruise for 28 days and were gone a total of 34 days.

At that cost, the port parking is not an option.

Instead, we stayed at a hotel near the airport, had free parking much of the trip, remainder $3 a day.

Hotel was

MIAMI-INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

1111 SOUTH ROYAL POINCIANA BLVD

MIAMI SPRINGS FL 33166

Front Desk: 1-305-8851941

Which parking lot do you use? When we bring it up on line a few lots are listed.

It's a garage, not a lot. and it is at 14th street and 2nd avenue. . It should be the only one that shows up for cruise parking. Make sure you are doing POM parking and not airport parking. When you "search for parking" make sure you select seaports and not airports.

It's a garage, not a lot. and it is at 14th street and 2nd avenue. . It should be the only one that shows up for cruise parking. Make sure you are doing POM parking and not airport parking. When you "search for parking" make sure you select seaports and not airports.

Thank You, we used your first link and found it. Please report back to us with your experience. It does say premier on its page. I hope its not the unreliable one as has been reported.

We have used it four times already. It has never been a problem other than last December when we had to wait a bit for the van to pick us up (I want to say about 30 minutes longer than usual), but that was the Epic and we were somewhat used to waiting. :( We were on the phone with them. I will try to remember to post..... There is another similar sounding one, yes, that has an open parking lot rather than the garage. Once we booked with that by mistake, but cancelled and rebooked with this because we like the garage.

Edited by drvalo

We have used it four times already. It has never been a problem other than last December when we had to wait a bit for the van to pick us up (I want to say about 30 minutes longer than usual), but that was the Epic and we were somewhat used to waiting. :( We were on the phone with them. I will try to remember to post..... There is another similar sounding one, yes, that has an open parking lot rather than the garage. Once we booked with that by mistake, but cancelled and rebooked with this because we like the garage.

Thanks again for your help!

I see we are doing the same cruise at different times. Please let us know how it was.

• 1 month later...
Thanks again for your help!

I see we are doing the same cruise at different times. Please let us know how it was.

I promised to report back as to the parking. All went as expected, however for the first time we did not get a covered spot in the garage. We were on the roof. Other than a bit of salt spray on the car all was well. We were waiting for the shuttle with folks using the OTHER premiere parking. Their lot was far and the van was not as timely as far as we could tell. Our driver said there were 3 premiere parking companies. How crazy is that? No wonder people are confused. Make sure you have the one with the garage at 2nd and 14th.

The cruise was great and we had a wonderful time with our roll call members. It was HOT!!! We have cruised a number of times to central America and this had to be the hottest weather ever. March will probably be even hotter...but who knows? Make sure you have sun screen and insect repellent. And have a wonderful vacation.

Thank you so much! We do have the one at 2 nd and 14 th.....glad the cruise was wonderful! We are looking forward to it. Could you tell me which excursions you did and how they were? Thanks again!

I did write a review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293374 And there are a few additional posts if you scroll down through it.

What I can add is that two years ago we took the Cartagena tour including Old Town, La Poppa, and the fort and enjoyed that quite a bit. Some of our roll call members also organized a similar private tour this cruise and enjoyed that as well.

Have a great cruise!