Television Programming

knittinggirl

I'd like to see the bow cam channel be on demand. That way, if it's raining, you could watch a sunny day. Or, if you wanted to take an afternoon nap, you could rewind to the previous night view. ;)

Thanks Ruth! It sounds like our Comcast on demand here in Florida or the Time Warner on demand we had in Maine.

There's never enough information on screen to compete with a written listing.

I love the On Demand with Comcast.

Tonight I will watch Tom Brady and the Patriots try to remain undefeated but likely will miss Madam Secretary while doing so. :eek: With on demand, I can catch up on it when I want without any effort. :)

if your worried about what's on TV stay home.

I was on a cruise when I wasn't feeling my best. I enjoyed being able to have a selection of channels to watch on TV. Why would it be of any interest to someone else if any cruiser wants to sit in their cabin the whole cruise?

I notice this is your first post. Welcome to CC.

• 4 weeks later...

Just disembarked the ms Rotterdam on Sunday (fabulous cruise!!!). The on demand system was not yet available on this ship. This was the first time we didn't have a Sports Network of some sort, but as others have said, had live NFL games when available on Channel 39.

The Channels we had were:

26: "On Board"/Future Cruises

27: "Destinations"/Shore Excursions & On Location Presentations

28: Shopping

29: CNBC

30: MSNBC

31: FoxNews

32: BBC

33: Foreign Language News

34: Holland America Channel

35: Action Movies

36: Comedy Movies

37: Drama Movies

38: Documentaries & Destination Movies

39: Blank except for NFL Games

40: Navigation Channel

41: TV Guide & Embassy/Safety Info (with Music)

42: Music "2"

43: Music "3"

44: View from the Bow (with Music) - Announcements are also heard here

I never saw the Cooking Shows aired as on other sailings, but perhaps I missed them. Don't know why Embassy/Safety Info wasn't aired on another channel instead of at the end of the day's TV Guide; sometimes the TV Guide would cycle quite fast it was hard to catch the movie names & times at once (wish they would update it every few hours so you wouldn't have to see the selections aired hours before).

Just wanted to pass the info along. Really like the idea of the On Demand system and look forward to it becoming available fleet-wide.

Happy Travels!

• Thanks 1

On our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise we had the new on-demand TV system. Very nice!

But one thing it lacked was being able to see the recording of the previous day's presentations in the show lounge. The CD said they were working on trying to get that remedied but they didn't have a way to do it yet. So if we had a conflict in activities we were out of luck if we missed a lecture or port presentation. I hope they've fixed this. m--

• 6 years later...
On 12/22/2015 at 10:49 AM, RMLincoln said:

On our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise we had the new on-demand TV system. Very nice!

But one thing it lacked was being able to see the recording of the previous day's presentations in the show lounge. The CD said they were working on trying to get that remedied but they didn't have a way to do it yet. So if we had a conflict in activities we were out of luck if we missed a lecture or port presentation. I hope they've fixed this. m--

LOL - after I wrote this I noticed it was from 2015 - well - they still don't offer this on a regular basis 

They have a way to do that - but for some reason, HAL doesn't want to do that.   They are not "working" on anything.   They have the capability now to broadcast live bartender shows, captains calls etc - when they WANT to..   They just don't want to.....Why ????  Who knows - Everything from "copyrights" to "privacy" to a host of other silly reasons I have heard.

Viking, Crystal  and others  simulcast the theatre presentations to staterooms and then make them available on demand.   

Put it in the post cruise survey - maybe HAL will decide to offer it in the future 

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

LOL - after I wrote this I noticed it was from 2015 - well - they still don't offer this on a regular basis 

They have a way to do that - but for some reason, HAL doesn't want to do that.   They are not "working" on anything.   They have the capability now to broadcast live bartender shows, captains calls etc - when they WANT to..   They just don't want to.....Why ????  Who knows - Everything from "copyrights" to "privacy" to a host of other silly reasons I have heard.

Viking, Crystal  and others  simulcast the theatre presentations to staterooms and then make them available on demand.   

Put it in the post cruise survey - maybe HAL will decide to offer it in the future 

We did put that in our survey from our Nov NA cruise that they need to make the EXC talks available on demand in the Cabins.