When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

And you are right back to your pointless, off topic arguing...I tried to be nice. If people want to discuss this, why can't you let them, without picking arguments, about how they SHOULD feel??

I'm sorry, but someone who continually picks arguments in multiple threads on a forum, is typically just trolling...Are there not rules against that here? These types of back-and-forth exchanges are of NO interest to those not involved...Could you take it offline to PM please??

I have said a million times I am supportive of this decision because of the next time I cruise the escape I would like to not have to wait in line for hours. If it takes a cost to do it then that's completely fine.

I have said a million times I am supportive of this decision because of the next time I cruise the escape I would like to not have to wait in line for hours. If it takes a cost to do it then that's completely fine.

Well...I said the same thing a few posts back...And I did it without calling anyone a whiner or wrong for disagreeing with me. I simply stated what I thought might work, and where I thought things might settle out. A few folks stated their agreement...Great! I'm sure some didn't agree...also Great!

I'm sure there were complaints about long lines, but there were also more than enough people willing to make that wait - why change it then? This change isn't likely to please anyone but the overworked staff and the corporate bean counters. The hours are pretty silly, too - noon till five pm?

Exactly! We waited 90 minutes but it was no big deal as I went up before we were hungry, grabbed a pager and off to the slides. By the time we were done and hungry the pager went off.

The food was decent and a great change from the MDR and buffet, but I would never pay for it.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I imagine this place is going to go from a chaotic zoo to crickets.

Well that does me no good I am cruising in a week :rolleyes:

And that's the frustrating part in this...the folks who have to deal with it until it settles out, and NCL may be losing customers over nothing...I bet none of this (or much less at least) would have been stirred up if they had simply instituted a 4.95 or 5.95 cover charge to reduce crowds... But instead, they overreached ...as many companies do...Hopefully, they will fix it quickly.

Well...I said the same thing a few posts back...And I did it without calling anyone a whiner or wrong for disagreeing with me. I simply stated what I thought might work, and where I thought things might settle out. A few folks stated their agreement...Great! I'm sure some didn't agree...also Great!

As I've said before I've been called many more names, why is it ok when people call me names but when I retaliate I'm the jerk? Some people say a $5 charge would be the difference maker I say it wouldn't because it's still too cheap personally I would be okay with a $20 cover charge but Ncl has made it clear they're done with coverage charges and are moving on to ala carte

Is it true that Margarativille will have breakfast for free ? We enjoyed Flamingo Bar and Grill several times on the Gateway but we loved the Cuban food they had. No idea what they would do at Margaritaville for Breakfast.. Key Lime biscuits?

This is what guest services is saying " Breakfast in Margaritaville will remain complimentary. Lunch and dinner will have the a la carte pricing. In addition room service also serves a continental breakfast between 6-10 a.m. with no convenience charge. "

Edited by WirelessRoute

As I've said before I've been called many more names, why is it ok when people call me names but when I retaliate I'm the jerk? Some people say a $5 charge would be the difference maker I say it wouldn't because it's still too cheap personally I would be okay with a $20 cover charge but Ncl has made it clear they're done with coverage charges and are moving on to ala carte

Here's a neat little feature I found...

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, click on their name and choose: User List, Add to Ignore List

This is the response I got when contacting NCL guest relations

"I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No compensation is being given for this change. I am sorry. There are venues in which you do not have to pay for meals on board."

To me just seems like they don't care either :(, they just want your $$

WirelessRoute

Try emailing directly to DelRio at, frankdelrio@nclcorp.com

I did and one of his underlings did quickly respond and offered the 7 of us one complimentary meal there. (I still would have preferred the services that I booked and paid for though!)

Before you bought your ticket it says in fine print subject to change. You could have saw where it says subject of changes and said I don't want to risk any serious changes there's already been quite a few changes so I'm just not going to buy this Cruise lol

The changes noted in the contract are to the itinerary - not to what I've purchased. Go ahead - find me a clause in the contract that states they can take my suite away and give me an oceanview if they want to at the same charge, or that they can start charging for the MDR ... because that's essentially the same thing. They promised something as a part of the shipboard experience/complimentary ... and arbitrarily changed it after my final payment. Had they changed ports of call, I'd have shrugged it off. This pisses me off. You like to pick fights - and that's just fine. Pick away. But in this case you're just proving yourself to be an a$$

There IS no "WE" the customers. There's you, A customer, and ME another customer. And we don't necessarily feel the same way. So saying that 'we the customers' are feeling 'not too happy' is inaccurate.

In this case, there is a "WE" - it's those of us - "we" who are unhappy about the change. Does that mean EVERYONE is unhappy? No - but using semantics to be argumentative isn't cool either.

"I truly don't see it. But it appears many took this place into grave consideration when booking their cruise. That's what was puzzling to me. Again, it may just be me"

Have you ever been to one of the real Margaritaville's? I think that is what people were expecting but being that this is a small venue on a cruise ship, I never thought it was going to be like the true restaurant. On Escape they are serving a few selections that are on the true menu but at way lower prices than the standard prices that you would pay on dry land. Yes, I too am disappointed in NCL for changing to ala carte so quickly but I was planning on going for the drinks anyway with my UBP, and that's what Margaritaville is truly known for...their drinks!

I am NOT trolling I'm simply stating my opinion.

...and so is everyone else (that part seems to elude you)

I'm not being insulting or rude I'm saying what I think,

... But you feel that someone who "chooses not to cancel has no right to complain"? (do you see the contradiction?)

I'm sorry yet again not Sorry if that offends you so deeply. My post was not off topic I was responding to his post.

... and the people who are complaining are ALSO on-topic (that part also seems to elude you).

You want the right to voice your opinion (rightfully so) but don't want others to exercise the same right when they disagree with you.

...and so is everyone else (that part seems to elude you)

... But you feel that someone who "chooses not to cancel has no right to complain"? (do you see the contradiction?)

No I don't see the contradiction, because who complains and that continues to use the service? Maybe I'm a weirdo but if I don't like a service and it really bugs me that much I'm going to stop using it.

... and the people who are complaining are ALSO on-topic (that part also seems to elude you).

You want the right to voice your opinion (rightfully so) but don't want others to exercise the same right when they disagree with you.

Everybody has the right to voice their opinions and I would not begrudge them of that, but I'm simply saying if you're going to continue to Cruise on a certain cruise line and yet continue to complain about it you're basically chasing your tail lol. Every non cruise critic person I know in the world has the same outlook when a service you have really used that something and you feel betrayed or angered by it you stop using it. My favorite cologne is cool water I buy it from a certain store if the store stopped selling cool water I wouldn't petition them to start selling it again I'd buy it somewhere else. My theory is people enjoy complaining it gives them meaning and reason to live. I'm a huge Elvis Presley fan and there's a song called mean woman blues and in the song there's a line she's never happy unless she's mad. I feel a lot of people on cruise critic are like that they are only happy when they have something to complain about. Like I have said before Norwegian could announced they were giving every past cruiser a million dollars onboard credit for the their next cruise and people would complain about the taxes on it lol.

From the ticket contract - so it seems our rate should have been secure and should have included what we paid for. (what was advertised as included)

Once we have received your deposit or full payment, the cruise rate is secure except in the event of substantial increases in operating costs, tariffs or taxes prior to the sailing date. In such cases, we reserve the right to add a surcharge. If you select an Air/Sea package, additional governmental taxes and customs fees may apply. All assessed government or quasi-government fees and taxes are subject to change without notice at any time, and we reserve the right to add a surcharge for these fees and taxes whether you have a confirmed booking under deposit or have made final payment.

Edited by trvlqueen

That's not a fair comparison. There many places to eat free and it's not like you're on the ship now and suddenly found out. Anybody that's really really upset about this and not in their final three months and chooses not to cancel has no right to complain. I do however understand if you are in your final 3 months and cannot cancel being upset. Not upset enough that this earns 2 million threads because like I said there are still free options. Your scenario would have been better suited if you got on the ship and all the restaurants were pay.

What's not fair is spending a year heavily advertising something as included and then changing it.

As I've said before I've been called many more names, why is it ok when people call me names but when I retaliate I'm the jerk?

Often, and I know this from my OWN personal experience, if you're consistently and frequently being called out -- or called names -- you might want to check your behavior. It's unlikely there is a conspiracy against you, chances are extremely good that you have asked for, and deserve, some of those names.

Which is too bad because when I joined your posts initially seemed entertaining. They've become wearying.

Just be aware - I am on the line with NCL customer service right now about the Margaritaville change.

The supervisor I was speaking to can't find anywhere in the contract nor in the terms and conditions that states they have the right to change a complimentary venue to a pay venue after we make final payment. I pointed out a few lines in the T&C that state that my cruise fare is subject to change prior to final payment, but that I couldn't find anything about their ability to make arbitrary changes to the product promised without compensation AFTER final payment. She spent 45 minutes reading everything she had - and agreed with me that it isn't there.

She's now on the phone with the executive office ... start calling - BUT BE POLITE. I WILL get some kind of compensation here - and I'll post what I get when I do. Another cruiser posted (on Facebook) that they had emailed DelRio's office and received a $100 OBC after they complained - if they sent that to one person they'll bend to more of us. I would recommend that as many of us complain as possible - even if you never planned to eat there .... you can use the OBC elsewhere.

Edited by trvlqueen

Everybody has the right to voice their opinions and I would not begrudge them of that, but I'm simply saying if you're going to continue to Cruise on a certain cruise line and yet continue to complain about it you're basically chasing your tail lol. Every non cruise critic person I know in the world has the same outlook when a service you have really used that something and you feel betrayed or angered by it you stop using it. My favorite cologne is cool water I buy it from a certain store if the store stopped selling cool water I wouldn't petition them to start selling it again I'd buy it somewhere else. My theory is people enjoy complaining it gives them meaning and reason to live. I'm a huge Elvis Presley fan and there's a song called mean woman blues and in the song there's a line she's never happy unless she's mad. I feel a lot of people on cruise critic are like that they are only happy when they have something to complain about. Like I have said before Norwegian could announced they were giving every past cruiser a million dollars onboard credit for the their next cruise and people would complain about the taxes on it lol.

Aren't you kind of complaining about the complainers? Shrug

Well if the complainers wouldn't complain then neither would i.

Not only do you not care about this change, you have no cruises booked and will not be on the Escape any time soon. I don't understand why you keep responding to something that has no impact to your life whatsoever. Usually paying customers get a bit more traction than those that are not. JUST SAYIN!

Email sent to Del Rio referencing the thread where someone got 7 comped meals. *We* will be on the Escape. This impacts us. I do expect NCL to honor what they advertised. I don't give one rip about what they MIGHT be legally allowed to do or not do; I expect to receive what was advertised. And now I especially expect to be comped meals at Margaritaville having read others are getting that consideration.

It's these clauses in the contract. My emphasis in bold. The short version is legally, they can change the rules at any time and given other clauses in the contract there is no real recourse. And note the contract does not specify the venue in which ordinary vessel food is served (the buffet would qualify) nor guarantee stateroom class.

Now, if they were to make those changes you suggested (which it is very important to note they have not), there are some legal avenues that could be pursued regarding what are known as substantive changes to an advertised product, but the contract isolates them from a lot of them.

Cruise and airline T+Cs are some of the most anti-consumer out there.

"3. Terms of Fare:

(a) Items Included in Fare: The fare paid by the Guest for this ticket includes transportation on the

vessel named herein, full board, and ordinary vessel food, but does not include beer, wine, spirits, sodas

or mineral waters, nor expenses incurred for other incidental or personal services/purchases."

"(a) Guest's Agreement: The Guest agrees to abide by the rules of the Carrier, including, but not limited

to, the rules and regulations particularly set forth below, and to follow the lawful instructions of the

vessel's officers and crew, at all times. The Guest accepts that failure to do so constitutes a material

breach of this Contract which may subject the Guest, as well as any accompanying Guest(s), to

involuntary disembarkation without liability whatsoever to the Carrier for any refund or any other related

loss or expense to the Guest, and any accompanying Guest(s)."

The changes noted in the contract are to the itinerary - not to what I've purchased. Go ahead - find me a clause in the contract that states they can take my suite away and give me an oceanview if they want to at the same charge, or that they can start charging for the MDR ... because that's essentially the same thing. They promised something as a part of the shipboard experience/complimentary ... and arbitrarily changed it after my final payment. Had they changed ports of call, I'd have shrugged it off. This pisses me off. You like to pick fights - and that's just fine. Pick away. But in this case you're just proving yourself to be an a$$

Just be aware - I am on the line with NCL customer service right now about the Margaritaville change.

The supervisor I was speaking to can't find anywhere in the contract nor in the terms and conditions that states they have the right to change a complimentary venue to a pay venue after we make final payment. I pointed out a few lines in the T&C that state that my cruise fare is subject to change prior to final payment, but that I couldn't find anything about their ability to make arbitrary changes to the product promised without compensation AFTER final payment. She spent 45 minutes reading everything she had - and agreed with me that it isn't there.

She's now on the phone with the executive office ... start calling - BUT BE POLITE. I WILL get some kind of compensation here - and I'll post what I get when I do. Another cruiser posted (on Facebook) that they had emailed DelRio's office and received a $100 OBC after they complained - if they sent that to one person they'll bend to more of us. I would recommend that as many of us complain as possible - even if you never planned to eat there .... you can use the OBC elsewhere.

anybody have the corporate email or phone number?

Well if the complainers wouldn't complain then neither would i.

And if you didnt constantly complain about people complaining they wouldn't complain about you complaining. You state you don't call people names. Again, you do it constantly. You just like attention. Bad or good, as long as you get it.

This could go on forever....