New Penthouse and Royal Suite Perks beginning January 2016

Heartfelttraveler

Generally new perks begin on the sailing date noted. I doubt they will be promised. That said, sometimes they begin to phase in early.

Sometimes significant ones were phased in early. The only way to deal with it is to be pleasantly surprised if they arrive early.

do these suite order breakfast room service from luminae or is there a different menu and what is one it?

In-suite breakfast doesn't come from Liminae but, instead, from the normal room service galley area. There is a room service menu in the suite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In-suite breakfast doesn't come from Liminae but, instead, from the normal room service galley area. There is a room service menu in the suite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, is the breakfast in luminae better / different offerings?

Anyone know what is on the room menu Like eggs benedict? specialty pancakes? French toast?

Thanks, is the breakfast in luminae better / different offerings?

Anyone know what is on the room menu Like eggs benedict? specialty pancakes? French toast?

You can often order off menu and they will accommodate with items like Benedict, smoked salmon, and pancakes with blueberries or the like. There are specialty high end items on the Luminae breakfast menu like lobster Benedict. Memes from April are in the review link in my signature.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You can often order off menu and they will accommodate with items like Benedict, smoked salmon, and pancakes with blueberries or the like. There are specialty high end items on the Luminae breakfast menu like lobster Benedict. Memes from April are in the review link in my signature.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Awesome thanks for the link. Menus look really tasty

We have not seen any of the special foods from when Luminae had brunch. Our room service menu is rather normal. I will see if we can get something different.

A high point of the last couple of nights was the signature cocktails in Luminae. Amazing.

hulamoon, we are wine drinkers at dinner. What were some of the special cocktails you had in Luminae? We had brunch twice in Luminae but I cannot remember what we had. My DH did request a caviar omelet in Luminae but said it did not "come together". Glad there was no charge.

You can have any cocktail you want in Liminae, they will go to the bar that has them and get it. Or you can ask them to suggest something to you as well, or tell them a liquor you like and have them make a drink with it.

I will take my phone in and take a picture of the menu. Some of them sound odd but the taste is terrific. I never like bourbon but wow the way they mix it with peach juice. Then there is the passion fruit or lilikoi with jalapeño.

We always book AQ and are toying with booking a Suite instead. We have both UBP and pre-paid gratuities on our next 5 X cruises and all are in AQ; my question is will we likely be disappointed if we book a Suite cabin that does not include these perks? Is Luminae really better than Blu? Does MC really provide free drinks any time of day or just in the normal hours? (BTW we are Elite if that helps.)

Sorry for so many questions...

We always book AQ and are toying with booking a Suite instead. We have both UBP and pre-paid gratuities on our next 5 X cruises and all are in AQ; my question is will we likely be disappointed if we book a Suite cabin that does not include these perks? Is Luminae really better than Blu? Does MC really provide free drinks any time of day or just in the normal hours? (BTW we are Elite if that helps.)

Sorry for so many questions...

Almost any time of day. Coolers are always unlocked, servers are there to serve alcohol pretty much morning until late night.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We are Blu fans. And the menus looked good to us this cruise but we have been in Luminae. You will need to ask for sauces on the side if you want the same type of meal. Also Luminae is richer with large portions. Although they are getting more in line with norms.

Luminae used to have five breakfast menus now it is one. So I think for breakfast there isn't too much difference.

The service has always been very good in Luminae, much like our early Blu experiences. It's been a year since we were in Blu and then it was better than its low and not quite what it was at its peak, to us anyway.

I like the decor in both, but I really like the open windows in Blu. Having lunch on sea days is nice, they have two menus for lunch and bistro is free on port days.