Escape to bumpy ride

Tbucs19

Just off 7 day Escape and have to say ship doesn't handle all too well in even moderate weather. Found out ship is roughly 40 feet narrower than Getaway and having been on both what a huge difference that makes. Lots of rocking, ship felt like it was tilted for 20 min on Thurs night riding through rain storm on way to Nassau. Otherwise a beautiful ship and good time.

It isn't 40ft narrower than the Getaway.

I just looked at Wikipedia to see I I could solve this and I note that there they include a width which includes the lifeboats for the Getaway, but not for other ships. That adds about 40ft to the measurement. I suspect that something similar is happening with your figures.

The Escape is wider than the Getaway. It's also taller though, which I think is a problem.

Edited by KeithJenner

A quick Google shows the beam of Escape being 136 feet vs. 130 for Getaway. 40 feet narrower would mean Escape was nearly 1/3 narrower than Getaway. Anyone who has sailed her would know that's impossible.

I just checked the fridge magnets which quote the beam and got the same numbers. I'm almost certain that it's like lifeboats which are confusing the OP.

Regardless of figures though, just a couple of minutes on each ship shows that the Escape isn't 40ft narrower than the Getaway.

As a comparison, the Spirit is 24ft narrower than the Getaway.

Edited by KeithJenner

Just off 7 day Escape and have to say ship doesn't handle all too well in even moderate weather. Found out ship is roughly 40 feet narrower than Getaway and having been on both what a huge difference that makes. Lots of rocking, ship felt like it was tilted for 20 min on Thurs night riding through rain storm on way to Nassau. Otherwise a beautiful ship and good time.

That was a rough ride Thursday night. The seas look really scary with the lighting.

2/3? Not sure what kind of math u are doing. 40 foot difference wouldn't mean only 2/3 as wide. Unreal.

It's apparent from my previous post I was rounding. What's unreal is that you believe Getaway is even wider than Escape than it is the Spirit, in essence making the smallest ship in the fleet wider than the largest. Hilarious!