Does anyone recommend 14 night exotic caribbean cruise on Eclipse????

portcbob

It's hard to tell someone they'd enjoy it, without knowing personal preferences. I find it much easier to say, "We enjoyed that itinerary, albeit with some caveats." As always, results will vary.

My review, photos and videos are always available for reference in my signature.

It's hard to tell someone they'd enjoy it, without knowing personal preferences. I find it much easier to say, "We enjoyed that itinerary, albeit with some caveats." As always, results will vary.

My review, photos and videos are always available for reference in my signature.

Yes it is hard to say whether anyone will enjoy any cruise.

we have been on the same cruise on eclipse january 14 and 15 & booked 16 & 17 . We obviously dont enjoy it , simply endure it [emoji12].

This year our group of 3 met up with a couple from canadia again from 2014 . during the cruise we met 4 peoples from runcorn UK and a further couple from Canadia and we are all booked same cruise 2017.

Apparently one passenger complained to the Bar staff that we were causing a nuisance by laughing a lot and insulting the bar staff by returning our empty glasses when we went back for replacements [emoji33].

Apparently one passenger complained to the Bar staff that we were causing a nuisance by laughing a lot and insulting the bar staff by returning our empty glasses when we went back for replacements [emoji33].

How gauche! I hope you were rightfully embarrassed.

How gauche! I hope you were rightfully embarrassed.

Absolutely[emoji33]

I am afraid that we continued to have a great time , laughing and joking and saying please and thank you to the awful staff who insisted on laughing with us whilst providing food and drink . Disgraceful [emoji12]

Edited by LA_Design

Really love the Eclipse, especially the Caribbean 14 day cruise. We have been recently returned from our third trip aboard but was disappointed that the standards have slipped somewhat. We visited Murano restaurant a few times but the Matre'd was a disgrace, I believe his name was Miguel from Portual. Celebrity needs to sack him before he destroys what was the best restaurant on the seas.

Hi Celebrity Cruisers.

We are a middle aged couple from the Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA and looking at perhaps booking the 14 night exotic Caribbean cruise aboard the Celebrity Eclipse. If we do this trip it would be the first time on a Celebrity ship as we normally cruise with Norwegian.

Would the eclipse be at least as good or better than the Norwegian ships.

Is this itinerary a nice one for the Caribbean and would March be a good time, weather wise for this cruise??????

Sorry about these questions, however we don't know much about it at all.

Thankyou so much for anyone that can assist.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

It has been a 'few' years since we sailed with NCL, they are both Cruise line Co's, that will have routes with stops that mirror each other, only so many country's to stop at, but for us that is all there was in common. 7 diff lines and NCL sits in 7th place.

We are just off the 10 day Equinox route, and sailed the 11 day last year.

The on ship product given was once again very good. Were there things we wished were better, yes. But any Celebrity ship trumps, in our humble opinion.

Hi Celebrity Cruisers.

We are a middle aged couple from the Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA and looking at perhaps booking the 14 night exotic Caribbean cruise aboard the Celebrity Eclipse. If we do this trip it would be the first time on a Celebrity ship as we normally cruise with Norwegian.

Would the eclipse be at least as good or better than the Norwegian ships.

Is this itinerary a nice one for the Caribbean and would March be a good time, weather wise for this cruise??????

Sorry about these questions, however we don't know much about it at all.

Thankyou so much for anyone that can assist.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

We're doing it Jan 17. 3rd time on Eclipse. Can't wait but it's still a long way off!

Love the ship, love the service, love Celebrity despite this "dress down" madness they are calling evening chic (bah humbug! :rolleyes:)!

Thank you all you wonderful folks that have supplied us with info. As far as USA holidays are concerned, would it be better to cruise in February rather than March. Is February and March weather similar for the southern Caribbean or is one month better than the other. We are big time lovers of swimming/snorkelling.

Once again, thanks guys.

Cheers bob.

Our last 4 cruises have been late March & we are going the 3/19/17 Eclipse 14 day in the future- Weather has been very good the latter part of march-we have encountered very little to no rain on each trip but were probably very lucky- & the sea water temps are warmer then February so that was really nice for days at the beach. Charlie

It's a great cruise. We did it this past February and we are going on it again in 2017. Many people do that cruise annually.And lots of people do back to backs all winter on the Elclipse or for one month.

I would like to try that! :) Just need to convince DW.

We just came back from the Exotic Caribbean on the Eclipse and we chose this cruise and Celebrity because of the itinerary. Bonaire was our first time snorkeling and was amazing. The islands are all quite different and give a variety of experiences, which was exactly what we were looking for. Our table mates in the MDR were from Sydney, and spent 4 days in L.A., and were staying in Miami for 4 days after the cruise before heading back to Aus.

Great Itinerary and nice mix of sea days and Islands. Have done it on the Constellation once and the Eclipse twice, and have it booked for March of 2017 again. Have been to French Polynesia and Tahiti also twice. Love Bora Bora but hate the long travel by plane. Did FP the second time by Ship from LA RT 28 days, great Cruise too but still love the Caribbean.

I will only address the weather question. Yes, March will be good. January< Feb., and March are excellent times in the Caribbean. July through October are worst as these are most likely to have hurricanes. Hurricane season officially is June - November but they are rare in June and November. That is why most cruise ships move to Alaska or Europe during those months.

We are big fans of the Eclipse. Went last year and are booked again this year.

• 1 month later...
We just came back from the Exotic Caribbean on the Eclipse and we chose this cruise and Celebrity because of the itinerary. Bonaire was our first time snorkeling and was amazing. The islands are all quite different and give a variety of experiences, which was exactly what we were looking for. Our table mates in the MDR were from Sydney, and spent 4 days in L.A., and were staying in Miami for 4 days after the cruise before heading back to Aus.

Hi Barbara...I'm on the Eclipse in March coming up in about 9 weeks...I do have a question about the snorkeling trip. Daughter, SIL, DH and I all booked it together and it includes a catamaran sail, we're boat people...but someone told me that you have to swim from the beach stop to the cat. and it's a long swim. I am in my mid-seventies and while I used to teach swimming and boating I no longer have the stamina I used to have. Trip is listed as strenuous, but person who was on it said the most strenuous part was treading water while snorkeling, I will select a life jacket (I never set foot on a boat without one) but I am a little concerned about a long swim.

We are back on the 14nt Eclipse sailing March 6 2016, this is our third year in a row to visit these ports. We sail with a "Mom/Daughter" team, the Mom lives in New Zealand and her Daughter lives in Australia.. We met up on our first 14 night cruise and sail together each March. I know the flights are long, expensive and not fun, but, the reward is this ship, crew and the wonderful international people you will meet! I'm sure there is beautiful water, grass,mountains etc. all over the world, but you will find beauty and interesting folks on this cruise also. I will say "Go For It!" Happy sailing!

Hi Barbara...I'm on the Eclipse in March coming up in about 9 weeks...I do have a question about the snorkeling trip. Daughter, SIL, DH and I all booked it together and it includes a catamaran sail, we're boat people...but someone told me that you have to swim from the beach stop to the cat. and it's a long swim. I am in my mid-seventies and while I used to teach swimming and boating I no longer have the stamina I used to have. Trip is listed as strenuous, but person who was on it said the most strenuous part was treading water while snorkeling, I will select a life jacket (I never set foot on a boat without one) but I am a little concerned about a long swim.

Just ask them for a snorkel vest or a noodle if in fact this is the case. Noodles are long styrofoam tubes that you put under your arms & float away (they're great). Enjoy your cruise. We've done this on Connie twice & Eclipse last year, our favorite itinerary so far

Just ask them for a snorkel vest or a noodle if in fact this is the case. Noodles are long styrofoam tubes that you put under your arms & float away (they're great). Enjoy your cruise. We've done this on Connie twice & Eclipse last year, our favorite itinerary so far

Thanks awhfy...that's just what I wanted to know. I never thought of using a noodle...we have them for the kids in the pool every summer! I taught swimming and small craft boating at Girl Scout Camp for years, and we've had boats all our lives, but I've NEVER done snorkeling and I'm so excited!!!

We have taken EVERY snorkel trip on the Eclipse the ship offered the last two years from every island , and there is no long swim involved at all from the beach or boat in their trips. One time the cat anchored and people could swim to the beach which was a fair distance, and some did . But we just swam off the boat and snorkeled nearby. Nothing was forced, etc.

Edited by bananawindnj

The wife and I booked this for March 2017. It's a beautiful ship. IF I may make some reccommendations. Use Choice Air at the very least to check prices for Air travel. (Don't book till at least 10 months out for the cruise) I scored 2 Business Class tix for US to BCN for 1600 US. I have flown to Sydney from Portland Maine and it was a loooonnng trip in cattle car. Also you might want to stop in San Francisco for a couple of days (It's an amazing City) then fly to Miami for a couple of days before (or after the cruise).

HTH

We have taken EVERY snorkel trip on the Eclipse the ship offered the last two years from every island , and there is no long swim involved at all from the beach or boat in their trips. One time the cat anchored and people could swim to the beach which was a fair distance, and some did . But we just swam off the boat and snorkeled nearby. Nothing was forced, etc.

thank you thank you thank you!!!!! :D