Same places, new experiences

chsalas

We're scheduled for the Jan 3 Regal Princess and it will be hitting islands we've been to multiple times. Any suggestions on tours or out of the way things that might be interesting? Just looking to see new things and get our of the "Island rut". Here is the itenary

Princess Cays

Been here, usually we get a clam shell and snorkel but we've walked up and down the "private" beach. Any ideas?

St. Thomas:

We've been to Coki beach, snorkeling on Castaway Girl and to BVI to swim with dolphins. Any thoughts?

St. Marteen:

Sunset Bar and grill, Sarafinas, and a tour of the island. I might go to orient beach just for the fun of it, but no real ideas.

Thanks in advance. :):)

Princess Cays: Hanging out at the Banana Beach Bar to enjoy the live music is fun! :)

St. Thomas: Agree with others! Go to St. John. :)

St. Maarten: The Golden Eagle Catamaran and the America's Cup Regatta are both very good! :)

Have a GREAT cruise! :D

LuLu

I also recommend St John when in St Thomas. Another idea is Water Island. I did a catamaran combo snorkeling trip, but it can be done on your own by local ferry. Getting to the ferry may be tricky?

St Maarten, agree with idea of Marigot and Orient Beach.

Is it is easy to get to from the dock and how much does it cost

We too are thinking to go there as have been to St Thomas multiple times

All the times I have gone, I have used a ship excursion. I have done an island tour and Trunks Bay beach trip.

It works....

Edited by Coral

In St Thomas my wife and I always book a day sail with Ron and Carol on their catamaran the Alaunt. We are booked again in January. Great day sail and they only take 6 people so its like your private boat for the day. I like to snorkel and my wife just enjoys the sun and conversation with ron and carol. Plenty of food and drinks are included. They are great people. I think the website is alauntcharters dot com :)

I will be on the same sailing as the OP and grew-up spending my summers on St. John in the late sixties and seventies. If you think St. John is great, you should have seen it in 1967. My wife and I will be heading over on the Red Hook Ferry to spend a few hours on the island, but not at any of the beaches. We are making the trip solely for the best garlic chicken I have ever eaten.

In St Thomas my wife and I always book a day sail with Ron and Carol on their catamaran the Alaunt. We are booked again in January. Great day sail and they only take 6 people so its like your private boat for the day. I like to snorkel and my wife just enjoys the sun and conversation with ron and carol. Plenty of food and drinks are included. They are great people. I think the website is alauntcharters dot com :)

Thanks for the info - this sounds like a great option!

Last time we were there we took a taxi to Red Hook and then the ferry to St John. Rented a jeep and drove around the island stopping at Cinnamon Bay (much less crowded than Trunk Bay) and other interesting places.

Just remember to drive on the left side.

Taking the taxi and ferry is less time consuming than the ferry from the cruise ship port. (and much nicer if the waves are up! These are small ferries)

We were a group of 4 so this worked out well with the rental jeep.

Finally, I lived on St John for a year back in the early '70s so was familiar with the island. It has changed very little since most of the island is National park.

One of my all time favorite places.

Dixon