First Cruise after the Eastern Bound TA

prim8keeper

I've seen many threads on here and experienced myself what a mess the first Caribbean cruise after the Western bound TA can be, however I was wondering if anyone has any input about the Eastern bound TA? We decided to book the April Fjords cruise for 2017 and it is the first cruise after Eclipse sails from Miami to Southampton. It isn't a deal breaker for us either way since the Fjord cruise options are so limited, I just wondered if anyone had any insights. Thanks!

I've seen many threads on here and experienced myself what a mess the first Caribbean cruise after the Western bound TA can be, however I was wondering if anyone has any input about the Eastern bound TA? We decided to book the April Fjords cruise for 2017 and it is the first cruise after Eclipse sails from Miami to Southampton. It isn't a deal breaker for us either way since the Fjord cruise options are so limited, I just wondered if anyone had any insights. Thanks!

We did a B2B2B on the Infinity one year which included the TA to Harwich, a British Isles cruise, and a Norway cruise. No problems at all in Harwich. You're dealing with a different set of bureaucrats. The British don't seem to get their knickers in a knot as much as TSA does.

We did Eclipse transatlantic Miami to Southampton this year. Immigration came onto the ship either Ponta Delgada or Lisbon. Everyone was given a time to go to one of the lounges to clear UK immigration. You took your passport and sea pass. It was all done during the last few sea days and it was very simple, just a few minutes even for non UK citizens. At Southampton you just walked off. We're doing the same cruise in 2016( less ports though) and I expect it will be the same.

Sandra

We did a B2B2B on the Infinity one year which included the TA to Harwich, a British Isles cruise, and a Norway cruise. No problems at all in Harwich. You're dealing with a different set of bureaucrats. The British don't seem to get their knickers in a knot as much as TSA does.

And the TSA has nothing to do with cruise ship security.