Laundromats in NZ Ports

Looking for advice as to easy to access laundromats in the following ports.

Picton, Wellington, Napier, Tauranga or Auckland.

Are there any close by to where ship docks in any of the above places.

Your help appreciated

Di

We did our washing in Port Chalmers/Dunedin. Just up the Main Street of Port Chalmers on the right hand side half way up. The dairy (convenience store) a couple of shops down sell $1 washing sachet. $3 per load in the washing machine and $4 per load for the dryer. We had hired a car that day, and then went off and explored the countryside

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by sonia2509

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Onyx Laundry said:

Onyx Laundry in Mount Manganui - walking distance from the port and you can drop off your laundry while you sight see.  Coin operated as well.

63a/169 Mauganui road.  

https://www.onyxlaundry.co.nz/

Welcome to Cruise critic. Thanks for reviving a 4 year old thread, I hope you get some takers.

• Like 1

We treat our port days as opportunities to explore & learn, and work on the basis that we may never be there again - ever. I cannot imagine that we would spend time doing laundry during the limited time we have in each port.

I guess if there was a drop-off and pickup laundry that would be much cheaper than on the ship, perhaps we could do that, but what if it's all-aboard and the clothes are not done?? Nah, second thoughts, just give the laundry bag to Stewart and get the laundry done on-board.

7 minutes ago, mr walker said:

We treat our port days as opportunities to explore & learn, and work on the basis that we may never be there again - ever. I cannot imagine that we would spend time doing laundry during the limited time we have in each port.

I guess if there was a drop-off and pickup laundry that would be much cheaper than on the ship, perhaps we could do that, but what if it's all-aboard and the clothes are not done?? Nah, second thoughts, just give the laundry bag to Stewart and get the laundry done on-board.

👍 I suggest you wash your underwear each night in the cabin, then send your other washing out to the ship's laundry. Spend your days ashore exploring NZ rather than the inside of a laundry. 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mr walker said:

Yes a hole in one. Some one has it right.