NCL Pride Of America 2016 Refurb

mattson

How thoughtful of you to suggest pictures of the ship. I can't wait to read all of the reviews and see the pictures. I will be sailing with my 3 sisters in room 12000 on the Starboard side. I tried to find a picture of the door online...no luck. It is an OS, we got a good deal on this room last March and was less expensive than 2 balconies. I am so excited as one Sister has never been to Hawaii and cried when we told her where we were going on the vacation. We haven't told her much about the room as we want her surprised. She has had a very hard year and needs some serious joy right now.

Thanks for all of your posts on CC, I have noticed that you give insightful advice to other CC members. Thank you for that.

If you look on cruiselinerooms they ave pics of room 10000 which is same category, and video of 11000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, that's usually been my experience. Generally they want us off by 3 or 3:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So it sounds like we will all be on the ship at the same time.:). I was afraid you would all have to debark before we were allowed to board.

If you look on cruiselinerooms they ave pics of room 10000 which is same category, and video of 11000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I've found out by looking at the OS rooms on POA is they seem to vary quite a bit from floor to floor - probably the most of any NCL ship. The configurations seem to vary quite a bit, they have new ones on 13, some have hot tubs, some don't.

How thoughtful of you to suggest pictures of the ship. I can't wait to read all of the reviews and see the pictures. I will be sailing with my 3 sisters in room 12000 on the Starboard side. I tried to find a picture of the door online...no luck. It is an OS, we got a good deal on this room last March and was less expensive than 2 balconies. I am so excited as one Sister has never been to Hawaii and cried when we told her where we were going on the vacation. We haven't told her much about the room as we want her surprised. She has had a very hard year and needs some serious joy right now.

Thanks for all of your posts on CC, I have noticed that you give insightful advice to other CC members. Thank you for that.

Thank you, gwsster, for your kind comments.

I am not any good at posting pictures on cruise critic, but perhaps someone on our roll call for 3-15 will post a review with pictures. One of us does have the OS on the Port side of 12.

Is she ready for sailing yet? ;) :p :D

I am!! :cool:

Concentration at work is going to be tough during the next couple of weeks! :o

No kidding. Two weeks of work to go. Was going to do some packing this weekend but didn't.

Thank you, gwsster, for your kind comments.

I am not any good at posting pictures on cruise critic, but perhaps someone on our roll call for 3-15 will post a review with pictures. One of us does have the OS on the Port side of 12.

GW - I hadn't noticed before you were in 12000. From looking at pics, 12000 looks very similar to 12502 which we will be in on 3/15. Probably the best thing if you need a "fix" is go to youtube and search NCL POA 12502 and a couple posted approx. 5 min video of that room after the last drydock. It has the more toned down furniture and replaced the original, colorful carpeting.

Thanks for the update.....here are a few more, snagged from Pier 70 facebook ....hey that looks like my Obs OV cabin!!!! :D

Whose FB page is this?

I think it's okay to mention since its probably just the dry dock business and not a TA or Facebook group.

Whose FB page is this?

I think it's okay to mention since its probably just the dry dock business and not a TA or Facebook group.

I don't think they are run by businesses, but definitely NOT TA and NOT Roll Call. Posts seem to be made by contractors working there.

I don't see anything in CC rules against posting this info.

So if the mods don't like it I hope they will just let me know and not ban me :o

Pier 70, San Francisco (don't forget the comma ;))

and

BAE Systems dry dock

Do a bit of rummaging around and you might find some main laundry pics.

Wow! :eek:

i tryed to look for a fb page called pier 70, no luck

I found it by logging into Facebook and putting "Pier 70, San Francisco" in the search bar. It's not an official ship yard page or anything, so you need to scroll down when you reach the page. There's more there than just the ship; it looks like a page people put up to keep in touch with their families.

Here's a screenshot of the URL once I got there http://screencast.com/t/AbCqRIi6OGb

I found it by logging into Facebook and putting "Pier 70, San Francisco" in the search bar. It's not an official ship yard page or anything, so you need to scroll down when you reach the page. There's more there than just the ship; it looks like a page people put up to keep in touch with their families.

Here's a screenshot of the URL once I got there http://screencast.com/t/AbCqRIi6OGb

What is the big friggin' deal? Just post a link for Christ's sake.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pier-70-San-Francisco/203093049735992

Edited by triptolemus

What is the big friggin' deal? Just post a link for Christ's sake.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pier-70-San-Francisco/203093049735992

Well that surprised me as I thought Facebook links were automatically partially deleted or some characters replaced with asterisks. Had I known that would not happen I would have posted the links before.

Learn something new every day :cool:

Thanks triptolemus

Well that surprised me as I thought Facebook links were automatically partially deleted or some characters replaced with asterisks. Had I known that would not happen I would have posted the links before.

Learn something new every day :cool:

Thanks triptolemus

Sorry... I didn't mean to be snotty.

You can link to Facebook - Like NCL's Facebook page, for example:

https://www.facebook.com/Norwegiancruiseline/

You're just not allowed to direct CC users to a FB roll call type group/page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=rollcalls#faq_fb