NCL Pride Of America 2016 Refurb

mattson

I'm not sure why it was delayed, but they've been having a lot of different issues overall. Some projects either are incomplete or not where they should be at this point. Contractors will be onboard for the upcoming cruise to finish up some of the work.

Yeah, "stuff" happens. Despite having the contractors "walk the job" months in advance and giving a timeline, staging materials months in advance, and working with huge "critical path" spreadsheets from NCL, contractors and the yard, somethings always seem to interfere with another job, or a brand new component out of the box fails. Good that they had a day in hand.

When we reflagged the Sky to the Aloha, I think we had 6 hours between completion of sea trials and embarkation.

I think she's on the move now.Was looking at deck camera. We are ready for our cruise April 9.Would love to hear from passengers this week on what they did on POA.

Not yet. Marine traffic has them in same spot, not underway. I believe she just swung at anchor, for any movement you saw.

Yeah, "stuff" happens. Despite having the contractors "walk the job" months in advance and giving a timeline, staging materials months in advance, and working with huge "critical path" spreadsheets from NCL, contractors and the yard, somethings always seem to interfere with another job, or a brand new component out of the box fails. Good that they had a day in hand.

When we reflagged the Sky to the Aloha, I think we had 6 hours between completion of sea trials and embarkation.

Yep, "stuff"! :D

Unfortunately, it is true that the transpac back home is delayed. For now, it's only a day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it stretches a bit longer than that. Either way, it will be several weeks minimum before all of the new features are fully up and running.

I haven't got mine yet, but apparently two people on our roll call just got emails saying the cruise is delayed one day, no change to the ports stops. Now to scramble to find a hotel in San Fran for Tuesday night.

Good luck on that. And hey, an extra night in San Francisco (with ncl giving you some refund/obc) isn't that bad, is it? I've never been but my son has and said it was great.

Hope you (and everyone) make the best of it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Good luck on that. And hey, an extra night in San Francisco (with ncl giving you some refund/obc) isn't that bad, is it? I've never been but my son has and said it was great.

Hope you (and everyone) make the best of it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Got a night at Hilton near sfo airport. Alls good. Just hoping a one day delay is the extent of it. Still waiting to get an email from ncl with details. I only got a phone msg a about 1:00 pm re 1 day delay. If not for roll call would not have a clue what was going in. Great communiction NCL!! Just what we have come to expect!

Edited by punkincc

I hope all goes well for boarding on Wednesday. Keep us posted and any pictures you can upload would be so appreciated. Thanks to everyone that has kept the POA refurbishment info coming.

Got a night at Hilton near sfo airport. Alls good. Just hoping a one day delay is the extent of it. Still waiting to get an email from ncl with details. I only got a phone msg a about 1:00 pm re 1 day delay. If not for roll call would not have a clue what was going in. Great communiction NCL!! Just what we have come to expect![/QUOT