Need help choosing a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

steffysmom

I'm in desperate need of some help. We are sailing the Caribbean Princess on November 5th 2016 and will be arriving on November 4th. We need a hotel room for 1 night for 3 people. Sounds pretty simple, however, I don't know what convention or activity will be going on that weekend, but rooms are hard to find, to say the least. We have stayed at the Hilton Marina and also pier 66 and we like both of them. Called both places last night and they are sold out. I started checking on other hotels close to the port and I can't find anything. Is there a hotel that anyone can recommend that is close to the port that I might not have checked into ? My daughter gets up early to watch the ships arriving but I'm not sure what other hotels other than Pier 66 and Hilton that would afford her the opportunity to see the ships. Can anyone recommend a hotel on the beach possibly ?

Your help is greatly appreciated !

The are MANY other hotels recommended here, daily. Embassy Suites, for example, just down the street from the Hilton. Close to the Port.

This far out, sometimes hotel websites can be clunky, but there are also many discussions about various events that are scheduled in the FLL area.

I would call the individual hotels. Sometimes that can get you past the group holds that may be in place.

The Boat show is begins on the 5th.

Good luck with your search. If you can stay a little farther away from the port you may have better success.

It is the busiest hotel weekend of the year in Fort Lauderdale. Find something now and book it. Availability will only go down and prices will go up.

This is one time when I would recommend not staying on Ft. Lauderdale beach or 17th St. The boat show brings huge crowds and lots of traffic. Crowne Plaza is a nice hotel near the south port entrance and they have availability. Also check out Diplomat Hollywood and Margaritaville Hollywood if you want to be on the beach.