For those of you on the Grand (or recently)

kwahl1

Sailing 1/19/16. There is some talk of the specialty dining venues raising their cover charge. True? Also, in the past there have been certain days that have been two-for-one nights. Is this still happening? I know before this 2-for-1 was very popular and you had to book upon embarkation. Do they still have the $25 unlimited sodas package?

Thanks for the advice :)

:):):):)

On Princess you can get the Unlimited Soda Package for $5.18/day or the Unlimited Soda & More Package for $8.05/day which adds mocktails, juices and hot chocolate.

Prices above include the 15% gratuity; package must be bought for entire cruise.

(Possibly you are thinking of the soda card on HAL which is $50 worth of soda for $25 if purchased in advance of your cruise on their ships)

When Curtis Stone's SHARE replaces Sabatini's the reports are the cover charge will be substantially higher. However there has been no conversion date announced yet for Grand Princess, just four ships early next year. And I've never seen nor heard of two-for-one specialty dining, or even any remotely substantial discount (other than those proffered by TAs), on Princess--perhaps you are thinking of Celebrity this time?

Edited by fishywood

Sailing 1/19/16. There is some talk of the specialty dining venues raising their cover charge. True?

Thanks for the advice :)

:):):):)

The Grand Princess has two specialty restaurant venues with a surcharge of $25/pp. They are the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. I have not heard anything about a price increase, but it is certainly possible. There is also the Crab Shack for $20/pp which is held some evenings in a closed off seating area of the Horizon Ct. buffet. The Grand Princess also has Alfredo's, a waiter served walk in restaurant, serving individual pizzas. It is located just off the Piazza on deck 5. There is no charge for Alfredo's and it is open for lunch, dinner and in between meals from 11am to 11pm.

I've never seen a 2 for one special on Princess for the specialty restaurants. If you're talking about happy hour, they have buy one get one for a dollar from 3 to 4 or 11 to 12 at one of the bars.

The new Share restaurant won't be on the Grand for quite a while. It will debut on the Ruby and Emerald, I think in December.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

They are phasing out the unlimited soda package and pushing the Soda and more which is $8 plus @ day.

Sabatini's is going away and a new venue will be in its place.

I don't like either of those changes. I always get the unlimited soda which is very reasonable priced and love going to Sabatini's. Oh well, progress I guess.

On our Med cruise on CB in June, they had a couple of 2 for 1 offers on specialty restaurants which they announced during the day of the offer, which was for that night only. I presume it was because they weren't getting enough bookings. The first was for Crab Shack. Later in the cruise, they announced a 2 for 1 offer for Sabatini's. As it happened, we had already booked for that night so we got lucky. It's the only time I've seen this done on Princess, though.