Zuiderdam bars and lounges

HELENPSL

We are putting together an informal "meet and greet" for the Panama Canal cruise on Jan. 4, 2016. Someone suggested that we meet in whichever bar offers happy hour deals (2 for 1). Since I don't drink I don't know if they do this on any of the ships. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Helen

Happy hour in recent years has been buy 1 and get the 2nd for a dollar. They usually also extend it to non alc "mock tails" sodas etc so you may still get a benefit from it. For Zuiderdam it will likely be the Ocean Bar and the Crows Nest (the daily schedule will have the specifics but those are the more common choices for happy hour locations)

On the NA last spring, it was both the Crow's Nest and the Ocean Bar, and they were staggered by one hour, so you could stagger (see what I did there?) from one to the other and carry on where you left off!

We both developed quite a taste for frozen cocktails -- I had to buy a new blender after burning out the motor on the old one I had, grinding ice with it!

Crows Nest is the most common lounge used for M & G but certainly not absolute.

How large a group do you have?

Not sure yet how many people will come. I understand we need a minimum of 25 for HAL to put together a "meet and greet" so we're informally doing it ourselves.

Thanks everyone for the info. I will let them know on the roll call.

Helen

On all cruises the last couple of years including the Zuiderdam, the Happy Hour was from 4 - 5 PM in both the Crow's Nest and Ocean Bar. There was later in the evening -- the place and time change nightly.

There is no Happy Hour on Embarkation Day.

Also if anyone in your group has the Signature Beverage Package -- it can not be used to buy drinks at the special price of one drink (full price) and second drink for $1. You can use the card during that time and get your drinks at the regular price.

Not sure yet how many people will come. I understand we need a minimum of 25 for HAL to put together a "meet and greet" so we're informally doing it ourselves.

Thanks everyone for the info. I will let them know on the roll call.

Helen

If you do get the minimum number of people and someone does set up a Meet & Greet through Seattle, those meetings are usually held around 10 or 11 AM on the first sea day.

On all cruises the last couple of years including the Zuiderdam, the Happy Hour was from 4 - 5 PM in both the Crow's Nest and Ocean Bar. There was later in the evening -- the place and time change nightly.

There is no Happy Hour on Embarkation Day.

Also if anyone in your group has the Signature Beverage Package -- it can not be used to buy drinks at the special price of one drink (full price) and second drink for $1. You can use the card during that time and get your drinks at the regular price.

Just looked at the "on location" guides that I brought home from the Eurodam last week. You are exactly correct - happy hour every day from 4-5PM in the Crow's Nest or Ocean Bar. This may be a little early for everyone but I put it out there for everyone to decide. Whatever they like is fine with me. I'm completely flexible.

Thanks,

Helen