Becoming Diamond has been...

It was the travel agents idea to book two balconies...not mine. I guess they benefited from it, because the others in the cabin surely didn't....not one bit. Sorry you think I am a complete disgrace.

I agree with you that the "complete disgrace" comment was out of line.

Anything I could mention as to why you didn't get your benefits is merely speculation. I am far from being diamond yet.

The only thing I can think of, since you mentioned that your husband saw the priority sign and you were going through security with newbie fellow cruisers, is that maybe cruising with newbies somewhat changed the experience. Perhaps had it just been you and your husband cruising in one cabin as diamond members, the first diamond cruise would have been more "dazzling."

I am sure you had a great time with your fellow cruisers, newbies or not. After all, wasn't the point to share a great time with your friends?

Perhaps if you didn't realize that your friends would not get to share all of your Diamond benefits, that may have been taken some of the shine off the experience as well. If you were expecting that they, as new cruisers would be able to do everything you could do, as Diamonds, then I can certainly understand the disappointment for both of you. Unfortunately, that's something that may have just been a misunderstanding on your part. I don't know.

My husband and I are only Platinum. We have family members who are Diamond. We know that we won't be able to enjoy all of the benefits they enjoy. They also know that, so sometimes it is more about enjoying the company of family than about receiving the benefits.

I have missed a party/event we were invited to, either a Welcome Back Party or a Top Tier Event, because we were doing other activities and forgot to go to it. The daily compass is a reminder of it and always lists it.

Some people end up with last minute visits from the Upgrade Fairy, and their special items do not follow them for whatever reason. We had folks on our Freedom cruise in April that got an upgrade very close to the cruise date (I thought it happened when they arrived to port, but may be mistaken). They ended up with some special treats they were not anticipating, but they also ended up not getting invitations and notifications of some other events. Our "fearless leader" who organized our Meet & Mingle almost missed the whole thing because they got that upgrade and the invitation (or notification of time change) did not make it to his "new" cabin.

Thankfully, they were able to find all of the events in the Cruise Compass.

Don't think this was the case with the OP- but if you do ever find yourself with a visit from the upgrade fairy close to cruising time, do check with the LA because it's possible your stuff just got misdirected on the first day. It's certainly worth asking.

Some people end up with last minute visits from the Upgrade Fairy, and their special items do not follow them for whatever reason. We had folks on our Freedom cruise in April that got an upgrade very close to the cruise date (I thought it happened when they arrived to port, but may be mistaken). They ended up with some special treats they were not anticipating, but they also ended up not getting invitations and notifications of some other events. Our "fearless leader" who organized our Meet & Mingle almost missed the whole thing because they got that upgrade and the invitation (or notification of time change) did not make it to his "new" cabin.

Thankfully, they were able to find all of the events in the Cruise Compass.

Don't think this was the case with the OP- but if you do ever find yourself with a visit from the upgrade fairy close to cruising time, do check with the LA because it's possible your stuff just got misdirected on the first day. It's certainly worth asking.

I remember reading about that. I was in the Freedom OTS the week before and your fearless leader posted some comments on my review.