Becoming Diamond has been...

On legend, we heard them tell the diamond plus to take a different n t line from us in the suite line. Usually, they lump us all together.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

They always check the sea pass cards to make sure you belong.

I sympathize with the poster. I am now diamond plus and never received a pin or any other "goodies"....no crystal block....nothing. I DID receive the balcony price discount, and that was certainly nice! I spoke with a c&a spokesperson on the phone on November 10 and was told I would receive pins, etc. by mail. I have yet to receive anything.

Barb

Becoming Diamond has been somewhat of a letdown. Entice us to cruise more for attractive member benefits only to feel like we've been used.

Our first cruise as Diamond we booked two balcony cabins to include others in our cabin. In all, one diamond pin shows up in just one cabin. No priority check in, no welcome back party, no top tier event, no welcome gift (beverage and snack), no priority departure (received luggage tag #61 for 11:00), no entertainment tour...

I think it's time Royal Caribbean revises their Member Benefits if this is how it's going to be. Never thought I'd feel this disappointment on our first cruise as Diamond.

Ok, FLAME ON, but before you do, put yourself in our place.

Instead of griping on here-why not take your feelings to the people that you want to hear it. Write to the CEO, President, Vice President, head of everything you can think of and tell them how let down you are. You are now diamond... use your new status and tell them how you feel.

Then come back and let us know how you made out............:cool:

I'm not convinced by your arguments that it's my confusion with Celebrity policy guys. My understanding of the C&A benefits is as I stated, that the benefits of all occupants of the stateroom are defaulted to the status of the person booking it. I cannot find any reference in the C&A T&C nor the RCCL booking conditions that contradicts what I'm saying .. However, I'm willing to be proven incorrect ..

I'm not convinced by your arguments that it's my confusion with Celebrity policy guys. My understanding of the C&A benefits is as I stated, that the benefits of all occupants of the stateroom are defaulted to the status of the person booking it. I cannot find any reference in the C&A T&C nor the RCCL booking conditions that contradicts what I'm saying .. However, I'm willing to be proven incorrect ..

Definitely not on RC. I am diamond plus. Family member traveling with me (not a child) had no benefits.

I read a comment here years ago (don't remember by who) who wrote something like:

"If you have promised me something as a reward for my loyalty then don't make me beg to get it."

I think that may sum up the OP's frustrations. Shouldn't need to chase these things down.

Definitely not on RC. I am diamond plus. Family member traveling with me (not a child) had no benefits.

Well, I stand corrected. However, my original point regarding the first timers receiving diamond booking discount is still valid. I just feel it is extremely disingenuous of the OP to make such an issue here .. these items could easily have been resolved onboard with a quiet word to the Diamond Concierge.

I apologise unreservedly if I caused any offence to either the OP or other thread contributors.

I beg to differ folks. My understanding is that each guest in a stateroom will enjoy the benefits of the status of the person booking the stateroom. If the op books a stateroom and his partner books the other (to avail of the discount) and they have each one of the newbies booked to share their rooms, then all 4 will receive full diamond status throughout the cruise.

The official policy is that only the individual with status will get the C&A benefits, for example, the three drinks loaded onto the Seapass card, access to the CL or DL, Internet discounts, etc. A spouse/domestic partner or minor child of that individual gets their status, so if a Platinum member marries or moves in with a Pinnacle Club member, s/he will become Pinnacle (as a really sad aside, a D+ rep once told me that he has taken calls from single D+ singles wanting to hook up with a Pinnacle). But that has nothing to do with where you're sleeping onboard, just who you sleep with at home.;)

Some Concierges may still allow non-qualifying roommates into the CL, but my bet is that they aren't doing that any more because the lounges can be very crowded. And in my experience they will allow a group of qualifying and nonqualifying passengers to tender off or leave the ship together.

OP, I'm sorry you felt let down. Better luck next time!

I beg to differ folks. My understanding is that each guest in a stateroom will enjoy the benefits of the status of the person booking the stateroom. If the op books a stateroom and his partner books the other (to avail of the discount) and they have each one of the newbies booked to share their rooms, then all 4 will receive full diamond status throughout the cruise.

Again, this is not true.

Becoming Diamond has been somewhat of a letdown. Entice us to cruise more for attractive member benefits only to feel like we've been used.

Our first cruise as Diamond we booked two balcony cabins to include others in our cabin. In all, one diamond pin shows up in just one cabin. No priority check in, no welcome back party, no top tier event, no welcome gift (beverage and snack), no priority departure (received luggage tag #61 for 11:00), no entertainment tour...

I think it's time Royal Caribbean revises their Member Benefits if this is how it's going to be. Never thought I'd feel this disappointment on our first cruise as Diamond.

Ok, FLAME ON, but before you do, put yourself in our place.

I've been on the Oasis and had everything you lacked with the exception of the pin. I have never received a pin.

I don't think the C&A needs to be revised as you did get some of the perks. Your friends even benefited with the discount. Training of the crew would probably be more fitting.

On Royal Caribbean a person with lower C&A status does not get any of the higher C&A status except for priority embarkation and debarkation.

They always check the sea pass cards to make sure you belong.

Not always. On our Feb. Quantum cruise, as long as you used the D sea pass, the concierge never checked to be sure you belonged. As a matter of fact, the extension for the overflow was in the Music Hall and this venue had it's own bar--therefore, anyone that was aware of this could easily mingle with the D's in that venue and enjoy the benefit.

Well, I stand corrected. However, my original point regarding the first timers receiving diamond booking discount is still valid. I just feel it is extremely disingenuous of the OP to make such an issue here .. these items could easily have been resolved onboard with a quiet word to the Diamond Concierge.

I apologise unreservedly if I caused any offence to either the OP or other thread contributors.

That certainly is not the OP's fault.

Royals reps frequently suggest that when there are cabins being booked together that they split up in order to maximize the discount. They do this for not only the balcony discounts but resident and seniors discounts as well.

Nothing at all wrong with this IMO.

Not always. On our Feb. Quantum cruise, as long as you used the D sea pass, the concierge never checked to be sure you belonged. As a matter of fact, the extension for the overflow was in the Music Hall and this venue had it's own bar--therefore, anyone that was aware of this could easily mingle with the D's in that venue and enjoy the benefit.

What you can do and what the policy is might be two different things. Also, Royal Caribbean is famous for apparently having different policies on different ships and different policies on the same ship different weeks. That is why Royal Caribbean is famous for being inconsistent.

However, the people posting on this thread are providing the stated policy. What is happening in real life seems to depend on which way the ship is headed at the time (or how many $20s are being spread around).

Edited by Cuizer2

What about the Diamond Lounge? We really enjoy the quiet place to sit, and the all day coffee, plus the social aspect of the happy hour in the evening. Was that on the ship you were on?

The diamond balcony discounts are being eroded by the continual sales, where the discount is not combinable. Sure, you are getting a "sale" price. But is it actually a savings or just a marketing plan? I can understand if it is a really good guarantee price, last minute, but we are missing out on the balcony discount on cruises over a year out lately. After two years or whatever it has been, the BOGOHO sale is really working well for the cruise line obviously, and it seems the OBC offers are rolling most of the time too.

The top tier event and welcome back have been invitations in our cabin every cruise. We have enjoyed going to those at times. We asked about the "Entertainment Tour" and were told the Cruise Director was not having one this cruise????

We did ask for our pins when we were first Diamond, and while we were in the Diamond Lounge the concierge had chased it up, and went around with a handful and gave out to a few people that had never received one.

We did have to argue the drink charge we received in one bar last cruise. Didn't take long at the service desk, but instead of looking at the transaction the service desk person asked if we knew what drinks we were entitled to and what time we had it. We were a bit short with him when we assured him we were well aware of what drinks we could ask for, as they were only standard drinks. The $7 and $8 charge should have made that pretty obvious that they were standard drinks.

The 140 points Block! Then we had the fiasco where we asked when we would receive our block, and we were told at the top tier event. We went along and were "forgotten". The loyalty ambassador had been held up on our ship and had missed getting on for our two back to back cruises, so apparently because we were B2B, and it was due to be given to us on the last night of the first leg, we had missed being put on their list. This was being told to me by the lady that told us to come to the top tier event. We were very offended, and you might think, blah, just a block. We just felt that they didn't get that we were excited to be getting the "recognition" and "thanks for your loyalty", and it was a slap in the face. We told friends that were were getting it, and it made us look silly. Our Diamond Concierge was great about chasing up to actually get it.

I think there is a bit too much fragmentation of the duties in relation to looking after loyalty program benefits. Things get missed, that are only small, but they just leave you feeling a bit less special. Since becoming Diamond we have not had a Loyalty Ambassador on board, only loyalty sales people, and the Diamond Concierges (great Concierges every time!). This has included Radiance, Rhapsody and Voyager. We shall see how things pan out on Explorer early next year.

My point is, and always has been, that we did not ask for these benefits. It is not a matter of how good these benefits are. Many people smirk at the pin and block, and go on about us feeling entitled. The point is that the cruise line offered these perks as incentives to be loyal and reach these tiers for the rewards. If they no longer want to offer us some items, just change the schedule. Don't offer us a discount that is not able to be combined with your new marketing plan.

A novel idea might even be to make all the booking terms and conditions standard world wide so that as Australians we don't keep getting told that we can not get the same booking conditions as the person from the USA that is in the cabin next door. Even better if the on board booking people could actually just sell the cruises to those on board without giving us the USA terms, and then we get angry when we get home and they are denied to us.

We are loyal to Royal, and the Diamond benefits are part of that. We love the Diamond Lounge, and the balcony discounts in the past have made a difference when comparing to other cruise lines. There are a heap of fantastic things about Royal, but the loyalty program seems to be being portrayed as that you are getting something for free, don't complain if you don't get it. If I buy a car and they promise to give me accessories, then I expect them to be on the car when I arrive to pick it up.

In regards to the tags for disembarking, you can ask Guest Relations for different #'s, also on the printed out letter you get with your tags, it states near the bottom Diamond and above, gets priority and may disembark early. At least the letter said on our Serenade cruise this past Oct. We wanted to get off with another couple since we were sharing a shuttle to our hotel so we asked for the same #

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I have to say that this thread makes my blood boil. If I'm reading correctly, this is your first cruise at Diamond level. Great for you, congratulations on reaching such a valuable milestone. However, the first thing you do is to book 2 balconies (I presume with your diamond discount on both) and spread you and your partner across 2 staterooms with first time cruisers with the specific intent that these first timers will then get all the benefits of diamond status throughout their cruise without ever having set foot on board a RCCL ship before. And you moan and whinge about not getting a bloody pin? You're a complete disgrace, if you ask me. How many people just like you, have had to scrimp and save and spend time accruing their cruise points to reach diamond status without the benefit of someone fast-tracking them to the top. And then being so ungrateful as to complain about a few minor niggles. GROW UP!

It was the travel agents idea to book two balconies...not mine. I guess they benefited from it, because the others in the cabin surely didn't....not one bit. Sorry you think I am a complete disgrace.

A Diamond was booked in each cabin.

Concierge was helpful in getting my internet discount applied, as I was unable to access that benefit, myself. When signing on to wifi it said no benefit available, so just something else I had to chase down.

What is the diamond internet discount? I am a new diamond and haven't cruised as one yet.

Those pins were mailed to us way back and then stuck in the way back of my jewelry box....have never worn it. Wouldn't think of doing so...:rolleyes: The only pin I have ever worn was the Diamonds in December event pin which you had to have on to get in.

And I have seen announcements in the Compass for the Welcome Back. And notice for Diamond events and where they are held. Just sayin...

Looks like we cleared up the Priority Departure....the Diamond lounge in the terminal IS the priority departure.

7 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary speciality coffees available in the dining room. Open to guests 18 years of age and older.

WRONG.....dead wrong! No one who is not Diamond gets any benefits. The only reason to book the 2 balconies was to get the Diamond discount for each room, which is legal...however, the other occupants cannot go to the diamond lounge or any events and they do enforce this. Your angst was premature and not well founded. Not to mention extremely rude.

What is the diamond internet discount? I am a new diamond and haven't cruised as one yet.

We received one 24 day - oops hours! - internet access for free. Per Diamond member.

In your room, upon arrival, there should be a welcome letter with all the current benefits listed. If not, go to see the Diamond Concierge or I presume loyalty ambassador if there is one, and get the letter so that you know what is available on your sea pass card.

Edited by goodycruising
Not 24 days! Oops

She's talking about the WiFi charges and Diamond offers a reduced rate on that. And I assume Goody meant a 24 HOUR access:)

24 days of free WiFi would be fabulous! LOL

Edited by BecciBoo