Becoming Diamond has been...

Becoming Diamond has been somewhat of a letdown. Entice us to cruise more for attractive member benefits only to feel like we've been used.

Our first cruise as Diamond we booked two balcony cabins to include others in our cabin. In all, one diamond pin shows up in just one cabin. No priority check in, no welcome back party, no top tier event, no welcome gift (beverage and snack), no priority departure (received luggage tag #61 for 11:00), no entertainment tour...

I think it's time Royal Caribbean revises their Member Benefits if this is how it's going to be. Never thought I'd feel this disappointment on our first cruise as Diamond.

Ok, FLAME ON, but before you do, put yourself in our place.

Becoming Diamond has been somewhat of a letdown. Entice us to cruise more for attractive member benefits only to feel like we've been used.

Our first cruise as Diamond we booked two balcony cabins to include others in our cabin. In all, one diamond pin shows up in just one cabin. No priority check in, no welcome back party, no top tier event, no welcome gift (beverage and snack), no priority departure (received luggage tag #61 for 11:00), no entertainment tour...

I think it's time Royal Caribbean revises their Member Benefits if this is how it's going to be. Never thought I'd feel this disappointment on our first cruise as Diamond.

Ok, FLAME ON, but before you do, put yourself in our place.

We just returned from our first Diamond cruise on Serenade and we received all of the benefits you listed. What ship and itinerary were you on?

No priority check-in? Which port was this? And which ship to have no top tier event?

I'd be most upset about the no priority check-in (personally, though I'm far from Diamond still), but the accumulation of all of those oversights is inexcusable. I understand why you're upset.

No priority check-in? Which port was this? And which ship to have no top tier event?

I'd be most upset about the no priority check-in (personally, though I'm far from Diamond still), but the accumulation of all of those oversights is inexcusable. I understand why you're upset.

Oasis

Have been diamond for a few years now. Never did get a pin. Never asked for one - no biggie - I wouldn't have worn it anyway. Did get some perks such as invited to brunch with some of the upper level staff and got invited to a tour of the bridge (but it may have also been because we were in a grand suite) Were able to get priority boarding. And of course the Diamond Lounge is always my favorite perk :-)

We are now Diamond and our first cruise at this level will be on Allure in August.

We are also in a suite (Crown loft).

So it looks like the only benefit of diamond over suite is the "pin"?

Just saying.

Still enjoy cruising though.

Safe travels.

We just completed our first cruise as Diamond. We each got a pin, beverage/snack and invite to party. The only thing we took advantage of is the beverage/snack.

I try not to sweat the small stuff and not getting a pin or invite to party wouldn't matter to me. Just give me my room discounts and I'm happy.

I've never felt any of the benefits on any level are worth much except the cabin discount.

You still haven't mentioned the ship and cruise date.

#1 only those who made Diamond receive pins.

#2 I'd have to see the Compass to confirm the party was left out, which probably wasn't and you just missed it. Also the Top Tier event, which is also advertised in the Compass. In over 23 cruises, it has always been so, even when we were not Diamond. You should also have gotten an invitation to some of these events in your cabin, very strange it was not with all the paper work that shows up on embarkation day....but it should have been listed in the Compass also.

#3 Priority Check In signs are always posted in the terminal. Sometimes they aren't all that much of a help though, as the lines in those priority check ins can be longer than the regular lines...making it seem like you're not getting anything...but...they're there.

#4 as for the gifts, you have to let them know what you want on your C&A account preferences. I could care less about those Cokes and cookies anyway.

We're in it for the balcony discount ....can't be beaten IMHO and the Diamond lounge

Edited by BecciBoo

Pier 18 at Port Everglades definity has has a Diamond line check-in. You did get access to the Diamond lounge with its drinks and coffee machine as well as the three drinks loaded onto your card to use at any bar during the early evening, right? You also got your diamond balcony discount. Sometimes you just have to advocate for yourself. If those other things were important to you then you just have to speak up. Your cabin steward could have easily changed out your luggage tags and also rounded up your welcome gift and pins. There is no need to chace them down.

We have experienced not getting amenities on occasion. In the past there was no one designated to directly deal with this.

Now there is a Loyalty Ambassador on each ship to deal with C&A member concerns. Just one visit to identify the concerns would in all likelihood resolved the majority of them.

Edited by Scotty G

Does the balcony discount become better at Diamond? Because lower levels get balcony discount. Doesn't it start at Platinum?

Yes, the discount is roughly double the Platinum value at Diamond for a 7-day cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457

Edited by clarea

#2 I'd have to see the Compass to confirm the party was left out, which probably wasn't and you just missed it. Also the Top Tier event, which is also advertised in the Compass. In over 23 cruises, it has always been so, even when we were not Diamond. You should also have gotten an invitation to some of these events in your cabin, very strange it was not with all the paper work that shows up on embarkation day....but it should have been listed in the Compass also.

I don't think I have ever seen the welcome back or top tier listed in the Compass, just the invites that are placed in the cabin. With everything else missed I would not be surprised the invites never made it to the cabin.

You still haven't mentioned the ship and cruise date.

#1 only those who made Diamond receive pins.

#3 Priority Check In signs are always posted in the terminal. Sometimes they aren't all that much of a help though, as the lines in those priority check ins can be longer than the regular lines...making it seem like you're not getting anything...but...they're there.

#4 as for the gifts, you have to let them know what you want on your C&A account preferences. I could care less about those Cokes and cookies anyway.

We're in it for the balcony discount ....can't be beaten IMHO and the Diamond lounge

Already said....Oasis, and this is the last day of our cruise.

1. Came on this ship with 88 points...so already Diamond.

2. No paper notices or cruise compass notices. All iTV messages. Checked messages every day. Not there.

3. No signs in terminal. But, ok, we did get to sit in Diamond area after checking in, but no priority lines.

4. It's been in our RCCI online information, as we have received it in the past as Emerald.

I agree, the balcony discount is nice....if you book a balcony.

Pier 18 at Port Everglades definity has has a Diamond line check-in. You did get access to the Diamond lounge with its drinks and coffee machine as well as the three drinks loaded onto your card to use at any bar during the early evening, right? You also got your diamond balcony discount. Sometimes you just have to advocate for yourself. If those other things were important to you then you just have to speak up. Your cabin steward could have easily changed out your luggage tags and also rounded up your welcome gift and pins. There is no need to chace them down.

I asked the cabin steward...does not take care of those things. Was referred to C&A.

As for the priority departure sign....none posted for our cruise. I was there...

Yeah, that does sound frustrating, but they probably just overlooked you being the first time and all. You could have talked to the Concierge in the lounge. If you have Diamond your card would let you in and there is almost always someone there to help. I bet they could have gotten you all of the other stuff pretty easily.

The amenities are nice, but the real value for us is in the Diamond Club, drink coupons, other coupons, and balcony discount.

I can understand how you were let down though.

If you had one Diamond and one not in each room maybe it got confusing for the attendant?

Tom

Yeah, that does sound frustrating, but they probably just overlooked you being the first time and all. You could have talked to the Concierge in the lounge. If you have Diamond your card would let you in and there is almost always someone there to help. I bet they could have gotten you all of the other stuff pretty easily.

The amenities are nice, but the real value for us is in the Diamond Club, drink coupons, other coupons, and balcony discount.

I can understand how you were let down though.

If you had one Diamond and one not in each room maybe it got confusing for the attendant?

Tom

A Diamond was booked in each cabin.

Concierge was helpful in getting my internet discount applied, as I was unable to access that benefit, myself. When signing on to wifi it said no benefit available, so just something else I had to chase down.