Becoming Diamond has been...

It was the travel agents idea to book two balconies...not mine. I guess they benefited from it, because the others in the cabin surely didn't....not one bit. Sorry you think I am a complete disgrace.

The travel agent would have had a bit less commission I would presume, as they are paid their percentage on the bottom line, minus taxes etc. So I would say they have helped you with that advice, but you may need to let them know that they should tell people that the only benefit is the discount and the priority boarding, which they should have had when accompanying you at check in.

You are not a disgrace. People that write such hateful things are a disgrace. I hope the other information here has been helpful to you and others, but really it would be better for Royal to be a bit better at explaining and providing the benefits they offer.

On Oasis now. We had a card in our stateroom on arrival with C&A events on it. Nothing required an invitation ... just showed up and flashed card.

Oasis class is not the best class for Diamond/Diamond+ perks. Too many top tier cruisers and too many suites to really provide much special service. Other offerings are adequate.

Becoming Diamond has been somewhat of a letdown. Entice us to cruise more for attractive member benefits only to feel like we've been used.

Our first cruise as Diamond we booked two balcony cabins to include others in our cabin. In all, one diamond pin shows up in just one cabin. No priority check in, no welcome back party, no top tier event, no welcome gift (beverage and snack), no priority departure (received luggage tag #61 for 11:00), no entertainment tour...

I think it's time Royal Caribbean revises their Member Benefits if this is how it's going to be. Never thought I'd feel this disappointment on our first cruise as Diamond.

Ok, FLAME ON, but before you do, put yourself in our place.

Yes, sometimes, even as a Pinnacle Club Member, a trip to see the Loyalty Ambassador is in order when things are not delivered to the cabin as they should have been.

I sympathize with the poster. I am now diamond plus and never received a pin or any other "goodies"....no crystal block....nothing. I DID receive the balcony price discount, and that was certainly nice! I spoke with a c&a spokesperson on the phone on November 10 and was told I would receive pins, etc. by mail. I have yet to receive anything.

Barb

We had to call to get our crystal block, but we often miss the top tier event.

BOHO takes the balcony discount off the first cruiser and the Half off the second. But the 30% off deducts the Balcony discount then calculates the 30% off that. But we've found it's often a better deal than the BOHO.

On Oasis now. We had a card in our stateroom on arrival with C&A events on it. Nothing required an invitation ... just showed up and flashed card.

Oasis class is not the best class for Diamond/Diamond+ perks. Too many top tier cruisers and too many suites to really provide much special service. Other offerings are adequate.

Nothing in either cabin. When my husband asked at C&A, he was told to check out television for messages. Sad to know we were not included in any special events this week :(

Sorry a bit off exact subject....but....I was so excited a couple of years ago to become a D+ and cruising for my first time as one on Oasis...probably the worst experience (impression) with the two concierge's we have ever to this day had.....A bit of a let down.

My last 3 cruises I've been a Diamond member. We have received Diamond pins in our cabin on all three cruises. Guess Royal has a hard time with this delivery fiasco.

My wife and I hid our pins on our last cruise in the cabin. Next time we sail Vision I hope they are in there.

Yes. I got a pin. I should not have to spend my cruise chasing down every benefit.

I don't think you should either. I was just wondering if you had spoken to the LA about it. If you had things should have been resolved. I'm sorry you had a poor first experience as diamond.

If you still have it, can you photograph it? Just wondering what we missed.

The travel agent would have had a bit less commission I would presume, as they are paid their percentage on the bottom line, minus taxes etc. So I would say they have helped you with that advice, but you may need to let them know that they should tell people that the only benefit is the discount and the priority boarding, which they should have had when accompanying you at check in.

You are not a disgrace. People that write such hateful things are a disgrace. I hope the other information here has been helpful to you and others, but really it would be better for Royal to be a bit better at explaining and providing the benefits they offer.

Thank you. Yes, after wading through the unnecessary remarks and untruths made by others, I have been able to find some helpful information here.

The Diamond benefits we really appreciate are the balcony discount, the drinks loaded on our Seapass card, the internet minutes, and the laundry coupons.

We did get the pins, but not something we would ever wear. DH decorated one of the tote bags we got on Celebrity with them.

Now that you are Diamond on Royal Caribbean you do have reciprocity with Celebrity, so you would be Elite on Celebrity should you decide to try them out.

We have yet to go to the Diamond lounge. Maybe next cruise. We have not attended much of the rest, we entertain ourselves pretty well.

On your next cruise look carefully through all of the various papers that are left every night with the next day's compass. The invites etc. could be mixed in there somewhere, and they don't come all in one day, they are kind of scattered out depending when the event is.

Have a great time on your next cruise. :)

Becoming Diamond has been somewhat of a letdown. Entice us to cruise more for attractive member benefits only to feel like we've been used.

Our first cruise as Diamond we booked two balcony cabins to include others in our cabin. In all, one diamond pin shows up in just one cabin. No priority check in, no welcome back party, no top tier event, no welcome gift (beverage and snack), no priority departure (received luggage tag #61 for 11:00), no entertainment tour...

I think it's time Royal Caribbean revises their Member Benefits if this is how it's going to be. Never thought I'd feel this disappointment on our first cruise as Diamond.

Ok, FLAME ON, but before you do, put yourself in our place.

We had all the Diamond benefits on Vision and Jewel this year and Vision was our first as Diamond status.

Edited by impatientlywaiting

My last 3 cruises I've been a Diamond member. We have received Diamond pins in our cabin on all three cruises. Guess Royal has a hard time with this delivery fiasco.

I concur.. my last 2 cruises as a Diamond, I got Diamond pins on both sailings in my room.

Quite odd that the OP has no Welcome Back party on the Oasis... unless it is less than 7 days sailing.. there is a new rule in RCCL that welcome back party is only for 7 or more days sailing.

The top tier party is optional and is only held if there are enough Platinum and up members on board.

The greatest benefit of D has been the private Diamond lounge with all day specialty coffee, happy hour drinks and drinks loaded in sea pass account.

So it does not provide much benefit for those who are not a lounge person, who does not like coffee and who don't drink much.

The new 24 hour free internet is an improvement for non VOOM ships, because due to the slowness of non VOOM ships, your free minutes will likely be used up before you can even do anything.

Perhaps the most useful D benefit for those who don't like RCCL's D benefit is the reciprocal elite benefit with Celebrity.... this gives you another cruise line to try that caters to a different market with elite perks...as each people is different some D's like RCCL better while some like Celebrity better.

So suggesting OP try Celebrity for a change to see which cruise line suites him better.

Edited by roquejo

I beg to differ folks. My understanding is that each guest in a stateroom will enjoy the benefits of the status of the person booking the stateroom. If the op books a stateroom and his partner books the other (to avail of the discount) and they have each one of the newbies booked to share their rooms, then all 4 will receive full diamond status throughout the cruise.

That is incorrect. My mom is Emerald and we took a trip to Australia in 2013. We were in the same cabin, and I am a gold cruiser. I didn't receive a pin, party invite or any other type of perk. We both got on the priority boarding and almost missed that line, til I pointed it out to mom.

I'm confused, it seems from some replies that Ds get a pin every sailing. From my preference, I haven't attended a return party or top tier event as they've become non-events. It is the usual diatribe by the LA and many times the Captain doesn't show up. Over the last few top tier event there are less and less attendees. The last time I attended this event was when there early rumor/speculations regarding new ships, Quantum, and where she was to be berthed. It was highly attended with many questions from the audience.

Sorry. Just saw this and left it in the room. It may have been only for D+ as it included a trip to the helipad for sailaway from Nassau and I'm pretty sure that's only D+, Pinnacle, and full suites. Other than that, there was a meeting in the Aquatheater on the first sea day and a meet the stars session on the last, both of which were also listed in the compass.

I'm confused, it seems from some replies that Ds get a pin every sailing. From my preference, I haven't attended a return party or top tier event as they've become non-events. It is the usual diatribe by the LA and many times the Captain doesn't show up. Over the last few top tier event there are less and less attendees. The last time I attended this event was when there early rumor/speculations regarding new ships, Quantum, and where she was to be berthed. It was highly attended with many questions from the audience.

C&A members should only get one set of pins per level achieved. It's just a mistake that some have received extra.

On a recent cruise we started to see a lot of people going into the theater in the middle of the morning. We asked the staff collecting tickets what the event was for. It was the welcome back party. We had not received an invitation but were eligible for the party. Staff looked at our sea pass cards and let us join in. We were concerned that we did not get the invitation and wonder what else we might be missing.

Fast forward to a few days later when I was going through papers and noticed there was something on the flipside of the art auction invitation. It was the invitation to the welcome back party printed on the flip side of the art invitation.

Perhaps that is the same process they used on your recent cruise.

I agree with your comment that a guest should not have to hunt down promised benefits.

Sorry you had issues

M

So much for your investment in cruising lol. And actually the program has served its purpose.. Get you to spend more $$$ while painting the picture that of a better cruise experience once you become that shimmering, glittering beautiful, sparkling ever so close Diamond member. I bet you pictured yourself in the diamond lounge hamming it up with your fellow Royal royalty sipping away on glass of Jordan or XO... Haha seems someone in marketing deserves a raise!!!

So much for your investment in cruising lol. And actually the program has served its purpose.. Get you to spend more $$$ while painting the picture that of a better cruise experience once you become that shimmering, glittering beautiful, sparkling ever so close Diamond member. I bet you pictured yourself in the diamond lounge hamming it up with your fellow Royal royalty sipping away on glass of Jordan or XO... Haha seems someone in marketing deserves a raise!!!

I have to agree with you on this one. People spend a lot of time concerning themselves with, and investing in, moving up the ladder in a program that could be terminated at any time. Spend the money because you want to go on a cruise. If you get something extra for being in a loyalty program great. Just consider it icing on the cake. The object should be to just enjoy the cake.

I've read comments in the past where people will book a suite or take an extra cruise because they want to reach the next level quicker. Book a suite because you want one. Take an extra cruise because you want to cruise. Doing either just to get some more points makes me sit here shake my head. Yes, those marketing people deserve a raise.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I have to agree with you on this one. People spend a lot of time concerning themselves with, and investing in, moving up the ladder in a program that could be terminated at any time. Spend the money because you want to go on a cruise. If you get something extra for being in a loyalty program great. Just consider it icing on the cake. The object should be to just enjoy the cake.

I've read comments in the past where people will book a suite or take an extra cruise because they want to reach the next level quicker. Book a suite because you want one. Take an extra cruise because you want to cruise. Doing either just to get some more points makes me sit here shake my head. Yes, those marketing people deserve a raise.

Yeah....I'm with you on this one. I can understand the OP's anticipation of receiving the benefits of a new loyalty level, especially D and above. On the other hand, I would hope that they reached that level by love of cruising rather than focusing on climbing the loyalty ladder.

The Diamond benefits we really appreciate are the balcony discount, the drinks loaded on our Seapass card, the internet minutes, and the laundry coupons.

We did get the pins, but not something we would ever wear. DH decorated one of the tote bags we got on Celebrity with them.

Now that you are Diamond on Royal Caribbean you do have reciprocity with Celebrity, so you would be Elite on Celebrity should you decide to try them out.

We have yet to go to the Diamond lounge. Maybe next cruise. We have not attended much of the rest, we entertain ourselves pretty well.

On your next cruise look carefully through all of the various papers that are left every night with the next day's compass. The invites etc. could be mixed in there somewhere, and they don't come all in one day, they are kind of scattered out depending when the event is.

Have a great time on your next cruise. :)

Only had the daily compass each day on the Oasis. All else on television.

I concur.. my last 2 cruises as a Diamond, I got Diamond pins on both sailings in my room.

Quite odd that the OP has no Welcome Back party on the Oasis... unless it is less than 7 days sailing.. there is a new rule in RCCL that welcome back party is only for 7 or more days sailing.

The top tier party is optional and is only held if there are enough Platinum and up members on board.

The greatest benefit of D has been the private Diamond lounge with all day specialty coffee, happy hour drinks and drinks loaded in sea pass account.

So it does not provide much benefit for those who are not a lounge person, who does not like coffee and who don't drink much.

The new 24 hour free internet is an improvement for non VOOM ships, because due to the slowness of non VOOM ships, your free minutes will likely be used up before you can even do anything.

Perhaps the most useful D benefit for those who don't like RCCL's D benefit is the reciprocal elite benefit with Celebrity.... this gives you another cruise line to try that caters to a different market with elite perks...as each people is different some D's like RCCL better while some like Celebrity better.

So suggesting OP try Celebrity for a change to see which cruise line suites him better.

We have sailed on Celebrity before and look forward to cruising with them again [emoji3]

Yes, as you move up in C&A status the balcony discount gets better. I believe that the biggest increase is when you go from Emerald to Diamond.

Yes, the jump was from $100 to $225 on our next 7 day cruise. I will take that over a pin any day. I have a little bag full of pins from all the various lines and the Diamond pins (if we get them) will just be thrown in with the others.

We take a GS or RFS and all the invitations for the week are usually laid out on the counter along with the MDR menus, Cruise Compass, and beverage gift when we board. We just have to remember to go to the events. Good thing the Concierge usually phones various times during the cruise to remind us of these things.

The last cruise we did not use the priority line for security because it was twice as long as the regular line. But, after security we do get suite check in and jump the line boarding if it has already started.