Current 12/2 Riviera cruise

RJB

Thank you for your positive and realistic comments. My husband & I are boarding the Riviera on Saturday and were beginning to get quite worried.

Ann

Let me give everybody the facts as some people are not understanding what is going on.

It was reported to the passengers on the 4th Dec that there were two NEW cases of NV on board.

Since then there two new cases of GI and the ship will be under level 2 of sanitation until we reach Miami.

These 2 cases were cleared today and the ship is now clear of NV, when we reach Miami there will be another deep cleaning of the ship which last time was not completed until 2.45 pm and it then took another 45mins to board the ship.

So don't arrive early expecting to Board.

Let me give everybody the facts as some people are not understanding what is going on.

It was reported to the passengers on the 4th Dec that there were two NEW cases of NV on board.

Since then there two new cases of GI and the ship will be under level 2 of sanitation until we reach Miami.

These 2 cases were cleared today and the ship is now clear of NV, when we reach Miami there will be another deep cleaning of the ship which last time was not completed until 2.45 pm and it then took another 45mins to board the ship.

Great information roger b for people following this thread and sailing on Saturday. Know there are some people following this thread who are sailing this Saturday, 12/12 and hope they will post when they are notified that boarding will be late which should have been done by now so we can all se if O learned anything from the late notification for the 12/2 current cruise.

Great information roger b for people following this thread and sailing on Saturday. Know there are some people following this thread who are sailing this Saturday, 12/12 and hope they will post when they are notified that boarding will be late which should have been done by now so we can all se if O learned anything from the late notification for the 12/2 current cruise.

Approximately when will we be notified of a delayed embarkation?:cool:

Only Oceania can answer that question. The reason I am asking for information when the delay is conveyed to new passengers is so that people can see if Oceania has changed from what was reported on CC that they notified travel agents the late the day before the 12/2 cruise was to depart and many people were traveling and didn't get the message and had to sit in the terminal for hours waiting to board.

I would be contacting Oceania now

If they know there is going to be deep cleaning coming up then they should be telling people NOW

We rarely go to the port before 1-2pm anyway but with the sanitation scheduled it may take more time before boarding

My guess would be when they have finished their cleaning protocol and are ready to board passengers. You already know "approximately" when that will be, if you read the other posts on this page. Count on some time between 3 and 5, and you probably won't be disappointed. And, yeah, we know, that wasn't what you planned on, judging from your little fuming emoticon.

Roger B

Thank you for your "report" on the current cruise on the Riviera.

We are scheduled to board on 12/12/15 and have not received any information regarding

a later boarding time. I will call O tomorrow to find out what will be their protocol for

boarding.

Hope you have stayed healthy and are enjoying the cruise!

How interesting, can you elaborate on what they said?

If it's a subjective thing then I can see how it can be viewed differently, but the objective things should be in line. As one who gave a live report I'd love to hear more.

I emailed them expecting them to be home after the tA and asked how they were, and they said they had actually stayed on for the b2b and not to worry,

"I was reading those reports too whilst we were crossing and didn't think it was the same ship."

Only Oceania can answer that question. The reason I am asking for information when the delay is conveyed to new passengers is so that people can see if Oceania has changed from what was reported on CC that they notified travel agents the late the day before the 12/2 cruise was to depart and many people were traveling and didn't get the message and had to sit in the terminal for hours waiting to board.

Are you on this cruise? It would be so interesting to read your review of Oceania. I have no doubt that Oceania will advise passengers (or TA's that will notify passengers) of the delay. As you know, when you think positive and realize that Oceania and Regent have the best interests of their passengers in mind, it may calm any concerns that you have.

Are you on this cruise? It would be so interesting to read your review of Oceania. I have no doubt that Oceania will advise passengers (or TA's that will notify passengers) of the delay. As you know, when you think positive and realize that Oceania and Regent have the best interests of their passengers in mind, it may calm any concerns that you have.

Not rallydave but, appears you haven't read all of this thread or the thread about the previous cruise and how Oceania did not appear to have the best interests or really much if any interest in their passengers. If fact, at the beginning of this cruise Oceania apparently, based on reports, waited until late in the day prior to embarkation to inform TA's and direct booking passengers about the delay in boarding. Of course this was way too late to reach many passengers who were in transit to the ship and much later than Oceania knew about the deep cleaning and the obvious delay in boarding.

I truly will be nice to know if Oceania learned form the late informing of new passengers and notifies passengers and TA's in time to allow most, if not all passengers to avoid hours of sitting in the passenger terminal.

Also, during the wait for this cruise Oceania did not provide any food or drink for the passengers, some of which were waiting for up to 5 hours. Difficult to be calm and unconcerned after all of the problems that occurred in the past few weeks.

Not rallydave but, appears you haven't read all of this thread or the thread about the previous cruise and how Oceania did not appear to have the best interests or really much if any interest in their passengers. If fact, at the beginning of this cruise Oceania apparently, based on reports, waited until late in the day prior to embarkation to inform TA's and direct booking passengers about the delay in boarding. Of course this was way too late to reach many passengers who were in transit to the ship and much later than Oceania knew about the deep cleaning and the obvious delay in boarding.

I truly will be nice to know if Oceania learned form the late informing of new passengers and notifies passengers and TA's in time to allow most, if not all passengers to avoid hours of sitting in the passenger terminal.

Also, during the wait for this cruise Oceania did not provide any food or drink for the passengers, some of which were waiting for up to 5 hours. Difficult to be calm and unconcerned after all of the problems that occurred in the past few weeks.

Not the proper way to take care of their passengers.

They have NEVER advised anyone of anything regarding this sort of thing. It's the one thing I do not like about them.

Last night we were informed by the captain that the ship was clear of all outstanding gastric issues.

At lunch time to day it is back again with one person reporting to the medical center with GI.

As there will be a 72 hour wait for the ship to be clear again, so the ship might not be clear by the time it is scheduled to leave Miami.

For me the final straw came today my wife had soup from the Buffet in the terrace restaurant and produced a large piece of paper from her mouth.

On calling the food and beverage manager he took it away with a look of horror on his face, he did not come back to us with any explanation, I then asked the restaurant manager to call him for me.

After about 15 mins he was sighted again he did not come to me !! I had to get up to question him.

He came to the table with the chef who explained that whilst carrying the soup with a paper towel it fell in to the soup and he retrieved it leaving a piece that ended up in my wife's mouth YUK !! YUK !! YUK !!

No wonder they still have on going problems

Last night we were informed by the captain that the ship was clear of all outstanding gastric issues.

At lunch time to day it is back again with one person reporting to the medical center with GI.

As there will be a 72 hour wait for the ship to be clear again, so the ship might not be clear by the time it is scheduled to leave Miami.

For me the final straw came today my wife had soup from the Buffet in the terrace restaurant and produced a large piece of paper from her mouth.

On calling the food and beverage manager he took it away with a look of horror on his face, he did not come back to us with any explanation, I then asked the restaurant manager to call him for me.

After about 15 mins he was sighted again he did not come to me !! I had to get up to question him.

He came to the table with the chef who explained that whilst carrying the soup with a paper towel it fell in to the soup and he retrieved it leaving a piece that ended up in my wife's mouth YUK !! YUK !! YUK !!

No wonder they still have on going problems

RogerB

So sorry to read of your wife's issue of paper in her soup. "YUK YUK YUK" is a good word description of your experience. Just to let you know that we have received a notice update that because of the NORO issue on your cruise there will be a "thorough turnaround

sanitation protocol prior to our embarkation in Miami"...so we will be boarding later than originally planned.

Stay well....

Thanks for all the good reporting and keep it coming. Wonder how much notice they will give the new cruise passengers of the up and coming embarking.

Grandmaa posted on the Compensation thread that they won't board before 1 PM which based on the previous deep cleaning is at least an hour and a half prior to the previous embarkation boarding time.

Appears to be awfully optimistic that a thorough deep cleaning can be completed quicker than one a week and a half ago and in less than about 2 hours since normal embarkation begins at 11 AM.

Good luck with your boarding and cruise and hope you don't have to sit in the cruise terminal for a long time waiting to board.

Grandmaa posted on the Compensation thread that they won't board before 1 PM which based on the previous deep cleaning is at least an hour and a half prior to the previous embarkation boarding time.

Appears to be awfully optimistic that a thorough deep cleaning can be completed quicker than one a week and a half ago and in less than about 2 hours since normal embarkation begins at 11 AM.

Good luck with your boarding and cruise and hope you don't have to sit in the cruise terminal for a long time waiting to board.

Good luck, and please let us know how it turns out. Have a great cruise and travel safely. No sickness