Upgrade....Who woulda Thunk

jsf

Talked my son yesterday and they just got off a Thanksgiving week cruise on Summit. They started month's ago by getting a inside cabin gaurantee. About a month before departure they got a notice that they had gotten a new cabin, as they boarded the ship they got their cabin and they had been given an Aqua class balcony cabin. They are not Captain Club members so I guess they just got lucky( Hear me Upgrade Fairy). I wish after 25 cruises with Celebrity I could get that lucky. The only bad thing they had to say was that this cruise seemed to be not as good as their last Celebrity cruise in 2004, seemed to be short staffed was their discription.

J.

I've been told a couple times by ground CC staff that cabin assignments are done by a computer in an essentially random fashion. Both assignments of guarantee categories and other upgrades don't take CC level into account. Unfortunately for some of us.

I've been told a couple times by ground CC staff that cabin assignments are done by a computer in an essentially random fashion. Both assignments of guarantee categories and other upgrades don't take CC level into account. Unfortunately for some of us.

If this is true, this is just another example of Celebrity's failure to appreciate the passengers who generate the majority of their revenue.

Airlines do a great job recognizing and providing perks for their "premium" customers. Upgrades - check, mileage accrual for free tickets - check, lounge access - check.

Celebrity, on the other hand, lets a computer assign GTY and Upgrades, and doesn't program the system to consider elite, elite +, or zenith status.

Hmmmm, considering their website maybe they do not know what a well managed computer system can do. :rolleyes:

Not sure this is true.

The only bad thing they had to say was that this cruise seemed to be not as good as their last Celebrity cruise in 2004, seemed to be short staffed was their discription.

J.

A heap has changed since then, and the service level much lower than it was then as a result.