What are current MSC Black Card Benefits?

gkbiiii

we had all the above, we had the ship at a special party inc a photo, the strwberries and champers does come, but phone and request it when yoiu board the ship and the day and time and it will arrive then.

you get around 25% or 505 off most things you buy on the ship.

Check the whole list on MSC website, and just request things when on the ship.

Fruit was nice to be honest, sometimes you get back and go too the cabin and hey its there and you can top it up from room service

Yes we selected the night and specialty dinner. I am not sure what a "tasting menu" is.

We had a special menu but is consisted a salad to start with, a pasta dish and a choice of 3 or 4 items.

The point is that is was free. We looked at the menu before making a reservation as one in our party does not eat meat or fish. They accommodated her with a pasta dish no charge

Thank you, that is a very helpful explanation.

My wife and I each received black card status as a match. We are going with our in-laws too who did not get as high a status match. Since our perk says we each get a dinner + guest we are hoping that all four of us can go to a specialty restaurant "free" or "included".

Thank you, that is a very helpful explanation.

My wife and I each received black card status as a match. We are going with our in-laws too who did not get as high a status match. Since our perk says we each get a dinner + guest we are hoping that all four of us can go to a specialty restaurant "free" or "included".

Yes you will be able to all Ho together. I travel solo and have taken someone from my table as my guest before and they had no status at all wig the club.

• 2 months later...

Well I am now booked on Divina 7 nights, Eastern Caribbean, for Sept. 9th cruise, with the 2X1 Balcony Sale, as it was only $1,150 for two!!

I can't wait to check the Black Card benefits, VS. Royal's Diamond C&A!

Undortunately the main benefit, dicount of 20% on cruises, was eliminated. The remaining benefits are very modest. I think MSC is not doing much to keep their loyal customers....

I am new to MSC. If MSC previously offered 20% discount across the board, that would have been sweet, but I think it would be an egregious business model ... especially if you were able to obtain 20% discount on top of all other non Voyager Club discounts (ie: 30% off, 2-for-1, etc). Granted, I see your point ... the above discounts are available to most all MSC guests.

Currently, MSC offers an automatic 5% Voyagers Club discount on all cruises, plus on-board booking discounts, plus the ability to obtain an additional 5% or 15% via Voyager Selection. I was able to book an MSC cruise at 30% off rack rate, less 5% Voyagers Club discount, less 5% Voyager Selection discount (plus a shipboard credit).

If you book with a Canadian Travel agent do you get Free bottles of water at the table in MDR?

On Costa you do get free water in MDR for dinner and lunch

We are considering booking 2 cruises with MSC but sure do not want to pay for water in the Med.

Thanks Sue

I am new to MSC. If MSC previously offered 20% discount across the board, that would have been sweet, but I think it would be an egregious business model ... especially if you were able to obtain 20% discount on top of all other non Voyager Club discounts (ie: 30% off, 2-for-1, etc). Granted, I see your point ... the above discounts are available to most all MSC guests.

Currently, MSC offers an automatic 5% Voyagers Club discount on all cruises, plus on-board booking discounts, plus the ability to obtain an additional 5% or 15% via Voyager Selection. I was able to book an MSC cruise at 30% off rack rate, less 5% Voyagers Club discount, less 5% Voyager Selection discount (plus a shipboard credit).

Also being a MSC noobie, would like to know if the 5% VC discount is also combinable with resident or teacher discounts (such as the recent 25% Florida resident discount) ?

We just got back from the Fantasia and the best black card benefit we got was the ability to stay in our cabin until 10 am on the morning of demarkation. Everyone else was to be out by 8:00 a.m.

We received dinner in the Tex Mex restaurant but when we went to look at the menu it was so limited that we chose not to use it. They would allow us a quesadilla, chill, burrito, and one very small steak. We passed.

The free photo had to be from the black card party, which we didn't attend. And they didn't send the chocolate ship until the last day. We just left them behind. They string backpacks were night to use on the way home for extra stuff our DS bought.

Everything was delivered directly to our cabin.

I was status matched to the Black Card and have noticed that MSC, has taken down the tier benefits from their website. Does anyone know what the tier benefits are??

Nothing to be exited about :mad: plus what they did with matching status from other lines was really slap in face for MSC loyalists. :mad:

Also being a MSC noobie, would like to know if the 5% VC discount is also combinable with resident or teacher discounts (such as the recent 25% Florida resident discount) ?

You would need to call your T/A or MSC.

We just got back from the Fantasia and the best black card benefit we got was the ability to stay in our cabin until 10 am on the morning of demarkation. Everyone else was to be out by 8:00 a.m.

We received dinner in the Tex Mex restaurant but when we went to look at the menu it was so limited that we chose not to use it. They would allow us a quesadilla, chill, burrito, and one very small steak. We passed.

The free photo had to be from the black card party, which we didn't attend. And they didn't send the chocolate ship until the last day. We just left them behind. They string backpacks were night to use on the way home for extra stuff our DS bought.

Everything was delivered directly to our cabin.

The photo is listed on the Black Card benefits.

As for the chocolate ship (and strawberries), it sounds as though you did not ask for it to be delivered on any given day ... either to your stateroom, or to your dinner table.