Ship Hats

cruisenewbie1

On my first cruise back in '05 on the Imagination, I was able to find a hat that said Carnival on the front and embroidered on the back was the name of the ship. On my 2nd cruise on the Conquest in '08, they didn't have anything like that.

Does anyone know if the ships are carrying that style of hat again. It is my favorite hat. I would like to get one for my upcoming cruise (I say upcoming, I mean October 2016).

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

On my first cruise back in '05 on the Imagination, I was able to find a hat that said Carnival on the front and embroidered on the back was the name of the ship. On my 2nd cruise on the Conquest in '08, they didn't have anything like that.

Does anyone know if the ships are carrying that style of hat again. It is my favorite hat. I would like to get one for my upcoming cruise (I say upcoming, I mean October 2016).

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

We've noted that since most of the gift shops are outsourced, the number of ship-specific items is practically 0. I see things with the fleet name (Carnival, Holland America, Princess), etc. But the items on each ship are the same. Hard to find something with ship names. There used to be Christmas ornaments made of brass with each ship cutout & name, haven't seen any of them for 5-6 years now.

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

I've not seen ship specific hats on Carnival for a long time. You could probably have one custom made. There are several places on line that can do that, and you might even find some place locally, such as "Lids", that can make up something for you. Another option would be to buy a Carnival hat in the ship's gift shop and have the ship's name embroidered on it when you get back home.

We've noted that since most of the gift shops are outsourced, the number of ship-specific items is practically 0. I see things with the fleet name (Carnival, Holland America, Princess), etc. But the items on each ship are the same. Hard to find something with ship names. There used to be Christmas ornaments made of brass with each ship cutout & name, haven't seen any of them for 5-6 years now.

They had the brass ornaments on Miracle last month. I was able to buy one. They also had 1-2 t-shirts that had Miracle on it.

Miracle had ball caps with "Carnival Miracle" embroidered on them last December. There were several different styles and my husband bought one. That was a year ago, though.

I am sailing oin Miracle again late next month. This is a girls trip. I am hoping to get my husband another hat to thank him for staying home and feeding the cats.

I have caps made for each cruise. I already have a Virgin cruise cap and they don't sail until 2020. It costs me $20 - $25 for a fitted embroidered cap. And you can have whatever you want on it. I will post pics. :D

Carnival Virgin:eek: Oh good grief! The wags will have a field day on that name.:rolleyes: