MDRs and "Your Time"

Only one MDR is used. The location will be on your S&S card. Carnival does not do reservations, its first come, first served. Let the hostess know if you want to have your own table or are willing to share.

Only one MDR is used. The location will be on your S&S card. Carnival does not do reservations, its first come, first served. Let the hostess know if you want to have your own table or are willing to share.

Does anyone know which MDR it might be on the Dream. We are in a Cove Balcony under the main lobby. I hope it is the one there.

Also is their a deck plan that shows where all the "eating venues" are located. I know w.here Pasta Bella is located because of my readings in CC. But I do not know where everything is located

Does anyone know which MDR it might be on the Dream. We are in a Cove Balcony under the main lobby. I hope it is the one there.

Also is their a deck plan that shows where all the "eating venues" are located. I know w.here Pasta Bella is located because of my readings in CC. But I do not know where everything is located

part of the fun is exploring when you get onboard. Why not just get on the ship and find out where everything is by exploring? it can be fun

Yes! CCL has on their website under "Explore" there is a tab for "Our Ships." Simply select your ship - in this case the Dream. You will see a tab at the top for Deck Plans, and you can go floor by floor!

This should be the one you are looking for:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-dream.aspx

part of the fun is exploring when you get onboard. Why not just get on the ship and find out where everything is by exploring? it can be fun

For you, that may be part of the fun. Ships are big and others may have a much easier time getting around if they have a lay of the land before they go. I can't tell you how many times I see people that day 4 or 5 are still struggling to figure out where they are on the ship and whether a particular set of elevators will take them to the floor they want to go to - and where they can navigate where they wanted. My first time on Carnival was the Valor and I was SO glad that I had looked at the deck plans with all that craziness on Decks 3 and 4...

Also, since I have kids, who navigate the ships themselves, they love looking at the plans ahead of time to know where camp/clubs are in relation to the cabin, dining room etc.

It still doesn't mean that we don't get on and explore, but just that we know where we are when we are doing it!

OH! I am so needy.:p Also a tad AR.

I read at another site that the Crimson Restaurant's upper area is set up for any time dinners. That will be convenient.

I read at another site that the Crimson Restaurant's upper area is set up for any time dinners. That will be convenient.

Of course if you explore Cruise Critic, you might just learn everything you want to know.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=512&pgtype=dining

When you get to the dining room you will give your cabin number and tell them "Table for 2". IF you like the wait staff the first night you can request them every night so that they get to know you. We have been very lucky with staff and we love the fact that after a few days they are "ours" and the table is "ours" also.

The Crimson Room is used for ATD. It isn't just the upper area but the entire room. The Scarlett Room, which is used for brunch, is used for people who choose specific dining times. When you walk up to the hostess they will ask if you want to be seated with others or at your own table, simply make your request at that time. Also, if you see a long line do not worry. They hand out pagers so the line goes down very quickly. We never had to wait in the line long or wait long for our pager to go off. If you avoid trying to eat right after a show gets out then there should rarely be a line. No reservations, the point of picking your time is you can just walk up and eat whenever you want. Enjoy, the Dream is a great ship!!

By the way, Crimson Room entrance is located on Deck 3 midship.

Edited by BigB0882

Our "Your Time Dining" was in the lower level of the Crimson Dinning room just off of the Atrium on the Lobby deck. Two lines going in to two hostess, one for each side of the dining room. Line up on the side you want to eat on. It generally took 10-15 minutes to go through the lines around opening time. When we left the lines were about the same length.

On our first night we were assigned a waiter we had on a previous cruise on a different ship, so we asked for the same team every night. A couple of nights they were on later shifts but the other waiters were Ok, too.

This was our first time at YTD and we found it a little slower and the wait team didn't seem to work together as well as Traditional dining, but that impression is from only one cruise and could be part of the overall trend for the MDR lately.

Edited by Miller_KC

Yup, your cabin is going to be very conveniently located as far as your MDR is concerned. We had a cove under the Shore Excursions desk, right near the atrium elevators and our MDR was Scarlet, at the back of the ship. So, we had a little bit of a hike to walk to the back of the ship to get to dinner. Although, I still think that the ship isn't as big as some people make it out to be. I don't think there is any part of the ship that you can't get to from another part in 5!or so mins.

Not everyone has that much stamina, unfortunately.

I print out the deck plans and put them on our cabin wall. As needed I get oriented so I know to, for instance: go left, up two decks, then forward.

To each his own.

Also is their a deck plan that shows where all the "eating venues" are located. I know w.here Pasta Bella is located because of my readings in CC.

But I do not know where everything is located

Carnival Dream Ship Features & Public Areas:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1489/~/carnival-dream-(dr)-ship-features-and-public-areas

:)