2016 Itineraries Come Out When?

tymike

It's worth noting that all major restaurants on Moorea will provide free transportation to and from your hotel for dinner.

Twin from what I have heard all of them don't pick up from the Sofitel. We had a breakfast and dinner package so no need to leave the resort.

Dear Tymike,

My PG deposit went thru mid-Dec, with yr same TAgency. Usually credit cards pass fast or they quickly show up as security risks. I don't get what could have gone wrong. I was recently on the road, the same road I have often traveled for years. No problems. Until a supermarket some 900 miles away. I got a security phone call as I was only about 150 feet out the door. Lucky I answered it and avoided a CC shut down.

Point is, your situation is odd. The deposit via CC should either pass, or security should be alerted. As neither happened for you, the source of error must be elsewhere.

As you clarify this, make sure the cabin you want is still held in your name. This was not your fault!

Edited by Burpelson

We love the Hilton. The link below is to flyer talk where there is a lot of info about the hotel as well as a map. We like overwater units 89-95, odd numbers. These are the standard priced OWB. They overlook the beach and the mountains. At least in the June-August time frame the deck is in the shade. Units that face in the opposite direction are in the sun most of the day and although the deck is covered it can still be very sunny.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-hhonors/911576-hilton-moorea-lagoon-resort-spa-pyf.html

Flightmedic, that's a great link! Looking forward to exploring more at FT.

Can one book a specific Hilton OWB if one can provide a specific cabin number? That would be awesome as there is such variation.

Hi all. Hip hip hooray! The deposit went through and we are booked! Cabin 804! The TA said it was probably a PG computer glitch (?). All's well that ends well!

I agree that the information above regarding the Hilton is really valuable. Thank you so much....and to everyone for their time, attention and energy in helping to put this bucket list trip (and honeymoon) together. Planning is a big part of the fun for me, and I love the anticipation.

I'm cruising July 5, 2017 til the 15th. At least 2 or 3 days pre-cruise and possible days post cruise depending on Air France's flight days.

I know it's like a million years away, but I am very excited! I've been on six cruises (most with NCL and one with Celebrity) but this is a serious bucket list!

I'm cruising July 5, 2017 til the 15th. At least 2 or 3 days pre-cruise and possible days post cruise depending on Air France's flight days.

I know it's like a million years away, but I am very excited! I've been on six cruises (most with NCL and one with Celebrity) but this is a serious bucket list!

The Tuamotu cruise is one of my favourites. Congratulations and welcome.

This cruise is so relaxed and casual not at all like the mainstream lines. The main thing is it's not pretentious at all and that's what I like the most. In Regent days it was a little more snobby and towards the end of the cruise everyone would come to dinner wearing their fabulous pearls.

So one more thing to save for a nice Pearl or two or even a whole strand which will be a wonderful memory of your honeymoon.

The Tuamotu cruise is one of my favourites. Congratulations and welcome.

This cruise is so relaxed and casual not at all like the mainstream lines. The main thing is it's not pretentious at all and that's what I like the most. In Regent days it was a little more snobby and towards the end of the cruise everyone would come to dinner wearing their fabulous pearls.

So one more thing to save for a nice Pearl or two or even a whole strand which will be a wonderful memory of your honeymoon.

Thanks Emdee (and all)!

How great are the pearls for real??:)

I have loved my past cruises. I've sailed NCL 5 times (in suites on non-Haven ships or in Haven just for the sake of full disclosure) and once on Celebrity (in Sky suite) but PG seems a world apart in so many ways : in size, service , and especially itinerary wise. I can't tell you all how much I'm looking forward to this cruise!

Oh..AFWIW, Burpleson is my brother, and he's embarking on the day we disembark! He caught the PG flu after I told him of my honeymoon plans!! See? It spreads! Ha!

I am totally a pearl and diamond woman. So naturally I veer towards them.

I only bought my full strand on my fifth trip to Tahiti. Before that I bought individual pearls. now my DD gets a lot if wear of it. They are always classy without being ostentatious.

The questions continue!!

I saw on a different PG thread the mention of OBC. As far as I can see, my booking has nothing attached to it as far as OBC or any perks aside from the undefined (from TA) honeymoon package.

Is there a question I should be asking the TA? Just wondering!! :)

My TA gives a $700 on board credit for the cabin and this is without our taking the air and in the least expensive cabin. If PG has a promotion where they give OBC that is in addition to what our TA gives us. With so much OBC I opt for the TA t send me a rebate check after the cruise instead of,their OBC.

Ok..now I'm on a fact finding quest. I got an email from my TA saying that the three insurance companies that she sells only offer 'cancel anytime' insurance and that the max coverage is for 10K (cost of trip) per person.

This vacation (as we imagine it presently) will cost more than that.

I used Allianz several years ago with cancel for any reason to cover three suites on the NCL Breakaway on her third sailing in three suites including one of the two deluxe owners suite (best on board). She sells Allianz so I'm confused.

I'm thinking to go to Insuremytrip and do my own. Any recommendations?

My brother purchased John Hancock through Insuremytrip with cancel for any reason and med-evac for a PG 7 night cruise with pre and possibly post cruise nights for around $1,200.

Please advise as I have about 3 days to purchase. And thanks again and again!

Re: insurance..I had to cancel and rebook the cruise because time had run out on cancel for any reason. Question: do all of you smart and experienced PG veterans always buy insurance? It's super expensive for cancel for any reason through insuremytrip.

Yes..it would be awful to lose all the $ (flight, hotels, cruise) but I'm seeing prices in the 5K range for insurance. Yikes!

I've been on six cruises and only insured one (the NCL super cruise with lots of family and very expensive cabins...but no air and no hotel).

I'm just looking for any feedback either pro or con insurance.

Thanks!

I always get insurance but never the cancel for whatever reason type. Too much money. I never insure the air because I can always re book - same with hotels. I just want to insure us for catastrophic stuff. To get airlifted to a hospital in the middle of nowhere can get expensive! Don't over unsure yourself.