Cosmopolitan Club or Viking Lounge on Navigator. Do you need to be Diamond?

Just checking. Looks like the Diamond Lounge is also on this level. You don't need to be Diamond to access the Cosmo or Viking Lounge right? We've never really wandered up to this level on the Freedom class.

With the night clubs turning into Sabor on the Freedom and Voyager class ships, looks like they now have a DJ and dancing in the Cosmopolitan at night. Anyone been there at night now that the Deck 3,4 night club is closed? Are there enough people there to make it a good time dancing, drinking, etc...

Thanks!

Dan

The Diamond Lounge is in a section in the Viking Crown. It is where the 19th Hole bar used to be -- starboard side towards the aft.

The disco at night is usually crowded.

Thank you Jimnbigd!

I actually prefer crowded to dead, especially when it comes to a DJ with dancing.

Sounds like a place we should have started checking out 4 cruises ago! :)

Dan

... Sounds like a place we should have started checking out 4 cruises ago! :)

Dan

The Viking Crown only recently became the venue for the late night DJ. Prior to the last dry dock, the late night DJ was in the two deck nightclub on decks 3 and 4, near Schooner Bar. In other words, you probably were already using the late night DJ venue on your previous cruises.

The Viking Crown only recently became the venue for the late night DJ. Prior to the last dry dock, the late night DJ was in the two deck nightclub on decks 3 and 4, near Schooner Bar. In other words, you probably were already using the late night DJ venue on your previous cruises.

Thanks, I look forward to a different venue. The Gothic feel of the old club on deck's three and four never really did anything for me.

Dan

Thanks, I look forward to a different venue. The Gothic feel of the old club on deck's three and four never really did anything for me.

Dan

I agree. Sometimes they would have the DL or CL overflow in that venue and it was depressing.

Last week when I was on, it was packed from 5-830. It was the Unofficial Diamond Club overflow. There was no concierge bar service in the Cosmopolitan Lounge part of the VCL, so if you wanted the drinks that you would usually get in the Diamond Club all you had to do was walk into the Diamond Club grab a drink and go Back to the Cosmopolitan. They had a really nice bar set up in the DC. There was usually a line but it moved very fast. (Or Diamond Members and above could just use their 3 complmentry drinks at the Cosmopolitan bar if you wanted to sit up there and not go into the DL)

The bar in the Cosmopolitan Lounge is still open to the public from 5-830, it is just hard to find a seat anywhere up there due to the high number of Diamond and above guests using it as an overflow because the Diamond Club was packed.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Last week when I was on, it was packed from 5-830. It was the Unofficial Diamond Club overflow. There was no concierge bar service in the Cosmopolitan Lounge part of the VCL, so if you wanted the drinks that you would usually get in the Diamond Club all you had to do was walk into the Diamond Club grab a drink and go Back to the Cosmopolitan. They had a really nice bar set up in the DC. There was usually a line but it moved very fast. (Or Diamond Members and above could just use their 3 complmentry drinks at the Cosmopolitan bar if you wanted to sit up there and not go into the DL)

The bar in the Cosmopolitan Lounge is still open to the public from 5-830, it is just hard to find a seat anywhere up there due to the high number of Diamond and above guests using it as an overflow because the Diamond Club was packed.

Yes, there was. The bar WAS functioning as part of the DL. I got drinks there. Just showed my card.

(other people could use the bar, too. It was doing double-duty)

:)

Just got off Navigator today, December 12. All week from 5 to 8:30 pm the door on the port side from the elevators to the Crown Lounge was closed off. Then we went around to the back and starboard side of the venue and a sign indicated that the venue was strictly for the Diamond club members.

Not just overflow but actually overtaken.

We have loved this lounge on ships that still have them. This was an interesting and disappointing turn of events.

The only reason we went up there was that the concierge lounge was standing room only. We got our drinks in the CL and just wanted to relax in the Crown area. No such luck this week.

Please help me understand. I am lowly gold (turning platinum on our upcoming cruise) We have a long way to Diamond.

Anyway, are you all saying there is a chance that we could be shut out of the Viking Deck altogether? I've downloaded the Cruise Compass's for the Navigator 8 night itinerary that we'll be on, and almost every night there is a DJ in the Cosmopolitan Club starting around 10:30 pm. (since the deck 3,4 nightclub is gone) We plan to be there (deck 14), since we love to dance to a DJ while having a few drinks. There isn't a chance that we'll be shut out of this will we?

Dan

As soon at 8:30 rolled around it was back to normal, wide open at both entrances. It was just between 5 and 8:30.

We went back about 9 and while open to everyone it was very quiet. I think it depends on the number of diamonds on each individual cruise.

As soon at 8:30 rolled around it was back to normal, wide open at both entrances. It was just between 5 and 8:30.

We went back about 9 and while open to everyone it was very quiet. I think it depends on the number of diamonds on each individual cruise.

Ah, got it. Hope it's not dead later at night, but glad we can get in! :)

Dan

Please help me understand. I am lowly gold (turning platinum on our upcoming cruise) We have a long way to Diamond.

Anyway, are you all saying there is a chance that we could be shut out of the Viking Deck altogether? I've downloaded the Cruise Compass's for the Navigator 8 night itinerary that we'll be on, and almost every night there is a DJ in the Cosmopolitan Club starting around 10:30 pm. (since the deck 3,4 nightclub is gone) We plan to be there (deck 14), since we love to dance to a DJ while having a few drinks. There isn't a chance that we'll be shut out of this will we?

Dan

No, the disco is up there. If they do close the whole lounge it us usually from 4-430 to at The latest would be around 9pm.