I wish there was some way CC members could meet..:(

takeadip

Hi,

Im surprised no one has figured out a way for people on these msg boards to meet up. Would the premise even work? would people want to meet? i wonder if an idea like this would gain traction.. we are on the Breakaway 3/6/16 RT NYC...

Best,

Mark

Hi,

Im surprised no one has figured out a way for people on these msg boards to meet up. Would the premise even work? would people want to meet? i wonder if an idea like this would gain traction.. we are on the Breakaway 3/6/16 RT NYC...

Best,

Mark

Do you mean a M&G on board or off ships???

Thanks.. I mean meet on the ship..i wonder if its super awkward.. i will check out roll call..i had no idea...

Happens all the time, some ships/lines even put in nibbles and officers rock along, check your roll call.

Hi,

Best,

Mark

I started a thread with the name of my hometown in it and made 2 friends in real life from it. Still on Fb with one of them too. Also found out I had lots of mutual..non fb type friends with one of them.

I recall I put up cell # for a short time period like 20 seconds during a cc thread chat. Then edited out the cell number but began texting. One put up her office number for a few seconds I recall

Turns out one had a business right down the street and lots of local ties and the other was a local parent in town. One had actually been someone's date at my senior prom back in the day

Never had any issues with harassment from other posters as the 2 people I wanted to get to know were chatting on cc with me during the short time my cell was up so they got it and then I edited it out

I would not put my email up as I have a unique last name and its part of the email address so no way

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks.. I mean meet on the ship..i wonder if its super awkward.. i will check out roll call..i had no idea...

Just because someone is posting on a thread that doesn't mean they happen to be on the same cruise

Roll calls notwithstanding of course

I started a thread with the name of my hometown in it and made 2 friends in real life from it. Still on Fb with one of them too. Also found out I had lots of mutual..non fb type friends with one of them.

I recall I put up cell # for a short time period like 20 seconds during a cc thread chat. Then edited out the cell number but began texting. One put up her office number for a few seconds I recall

Turns out one had a business right down the street and lots of local ties and the other was a local parent in town. One had actually been someone's date at my senior prom back in the day

Never had any issues with harassment from other posters as the 2 people I wanted to get to know were chatting on cc with me during the short time my cell was up so they got it and then I edited it out

I would not put my email up as I have a unique last name and its part of the email address so no way

Some CC'ers have a separate email for CC, such as to better organize Meet & Greets, or to plan shared private excursions, etc.

Or some just have "anonymous" style email addresses for purposes like this.

So ours could be something like

GeezerCouple@<domain name>

or maybe something like

AnonymousCruiser@<domain name>

etc.

And some CC members have their email address (with or without a 'real' name) displayed in their 'signature' on every posting.

There's no need to share private identifying information until/unless you want to, while still being able to arrange communication.

GeezerCouple

I would imagine all cruises these days you have a "Meet & Greet". :cool:

Use the Roll Call Tool to find your cruise and take it from there. Look for the discussion tab and check out what is being posted. Ask to join the M&G as a post and then you will get all the following information from other posters.

Mike

We DO meet. I've had the good fortune of meeting many of these fine people, who have been internet-heroes to me (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration).

Usually the first sea day, usually at 11 a.m. If you haven't heard WHERE from your Roll Call, then ask the Reception Desk onboard where the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet is being held. They'll have the deets.

Stephen

Hi,

Best,

Mark

I hope you found your roll call. We always go to the meet and great, it's a great way to meet everyone you have been chatting to on the threads.