Legend of the Seas My Cruise My Views !!!!!

LOl,:D

A funny story (or weird) was when once we went to look at our photo from the MDR formal night and couldn't find it. We asked about the pic and was told that someone else had bought it and they could make another copy if we wished.:eek:

OMG ....eeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk now that is scary.....did you spend the rest of the cruise staring accusingly at people... I wouldn't know whether to feel flattered or threatened.... :D:D:D:D

OMG ....eeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk now that is scary.....did you spend the rest of the cruise staring accusingly at people... I wouldn't know whether to feel flattered or threatened.... :D:D:D:D

Yeah well, I suppose we are a good looking couple:o

They wouldn't tell us who bought it though, so we can only assume it was our table mates on that evening but nothing was mentioned.:D

I too was on this trip and had a very different experience.

I had a great time and had very little to complain about. I found service and food to be great, ongoing maintenance was happening everywhere ie new mattresses in Singapore, sanding and painting/varnishing, replacing carpets etc.

The head of housekeeping - The Indian lady with really long hair - was everywhere in the corridors asking if everything was good with your room, if there were any problems etc. Same with the red coats in the dinning room, even had a chef pop past out table a few times and ask if all was good.

If I had not have been happy with anything I had plenty of opportunity to have issues rectified.

I loved Lobster night being given Maine Lobsters for free.

But the point I want to make here is about the photos.

There is no way they photoshopped a photo to change the outfit the person was wearing. Photoshopping is a very complexed task and to do that would take many tens of hours - just in the rendering let alone in the artwork.

I have a had a few friends who were/are photographers with RCCI so do have a good understanding of how it works.

No one sits and goes through each photo to see if people are wearing opposition lanyards, hats etc. They do not care what you are wearing. More likely there was a technical issue with the photo (blurred, sun flair) and the photographer deleted it before turning in their memory card at the end of the shift. It then goes down to the technician who does an all night printing run.

It is weird when someone else buys your photo - and doesn't tell you. Why would they do that?

R

I too was on this trip and had a very different experience.

I had a great time and had very little to complain about.

R

I had read your review (loved it - so many great port pics), and I have seen quite a few other positive and negative posts over the last year or so about Legend, knowing that she was on her way here, and wanting to learn more, I have been reading items about Legend on the boards.

I have seen other reviews with beautiful photos, but that is just a small perspective. Often close up in reality things can be different.

I know myself that on cruises I have things that are very disappointing/annoying and things that I love and really enjoy.

All views are relative and it is great that people take the time to come online and post of their experiences. Thanks to everyone - I have learnt so much over the years.

Edited by goodycruising

Hi We cruised with you and Chris and Bill. We have cruised the Legend so interested in you comments. Our disappointment was the ports and not able to get to see places as too far away. Seems they used containers ports and not cruise terminals.Maybe th is cost cutting too. Have to say it was the worst cruise we have had so far. Doing the radiance in April so fingers crossed nothing has changed there Regards Irene and Stan Best Wishes for Christmas.

I think those of us who have cruised many times have all had our "worst cruise so far" however, for us, our worst cruise has never been a bad cruise, it was just not as good as the rest. I think its all perspective or making the best of a situation that could have been done better.

It is weird when someone else buys your photo - and doesn't tell you. Why would they do that?

R

Thanks for your perspective on the same cruise, goes to show, that everyone experiences some of the same things differently.:D

Maybe they wanted our photo for security reasons?:eek:

I think those of us who have cruised many times have all had our "worst cruise so far" however, for us, our worst cruise has never been a bad cruise, it was just not as good as the rest. I think its all perspective or making the best of a situation that could have been done better.

Exactly, don't sweat the small things, draw attention to the large issues and get them resolved.

My husband and son went on this ship last week for their birthdays. He said it was 'the worst one' he has been on, as a previous poster said the worst cruise is still not a bad one, they overall had a great time. Mind you, we'd only just got off Explorer of the Seas a few weeks prior, which is a bigger ship with a lot more facilities, so I wonder if it was just the comparisons that made it seem worse IYKWIM.

Their main complaints were the fact they'd bought a soft drink package and had assumed that they would have the same soda machines as Explorer. They didn't and the only options were cola, lemonade and ginger ale. It could sometimes take 30 minutes to get 1 drink.

They also had a photo taken at dinner time, went to purchase it only to be told it wouldn't be ready until 11pm. Hubby is a baker, so no chance of him being awake at that time of night, then the next morning they refused to sell it to him and gave him the excuse of now being in Australian waters and there being custom concerns if they sold it to him. He was really disappointed.

He said his cabin was always spotless, the MDR was excellent, son loved kids club and the staff in charge of the rock climbing wall were awesome.

We sailed on Legend from Singapore to Fremantle in September.

Have to say that this was probably our most friendliest cruise. Great crew and great fellow passengers. Had a good roll call and a wonderful and most exciting roll call tour in Phuket.

Our main complaint was the poor administration and food of the MDR using MTD. We were suite guests and probably got the worst seating of all - right next to the trash. We completed the on board survey mid cruise and all our complaints were dealt with immediately, even though we did not return to the MDR. Happy to hear that the food has improved.

Being suite guests, tendering lines did not affect us but i could see that many people were lined up fir a long time - esp at Bali. There are very strong currents there that create their own swell even though the ship is anchored. The crew did not know how to deal with this and blamed the slow tendering on "rough" seas:rolleyes:

We thought that the ship was in good shape considering her age and did not experience any dirty or untidy areas. Maybe things changed after change of Captain etc when they returned to Singapore.

Hopefully her Australian season will be much better than the Asian one with a totally different demographic.

Will we sail on her again - yes. But i am wondering if we were spoilt by having been upgraded to a suite.

Hugh

My husband and son went on this ship last week for their birthdays. He said it was 'the worst one' he has been on, as a previous poster said the worst cruise is still not a bad one, they overall had a great time. Mind you, we'd only just got off Explorer of the Seas a few weeks prior, which is a bigger ship with a lot more facilities, so I wonder if it was just the comparisons that made it seem worse IYKWIM.

Their main complaints were the fact they'd bought a soft drink package and had assumed that they would have the same soda machines as Explorer. They didn't and the only options were cola, lemonade and ginger ale. It could sometimes take 30 minutes to get 1 drink.

They also had a photo taken at dinner time, went to purchase it only to be told it wouldn't be ready until 11pm. Hubby is a baker, so no chance of him being awake at that time of night, then the next morning they refused to sell it to him and gave him the excuse of now being in Australian waters and there being custom concerns if they sold it to him. He was really disappointed.

He said his cabin was always spotless, the MDR was excellent, son loved kids club and the staff in charge of the rock climbing wall were awesome.

Glad they still had a great time.:D

We sailed on Legend from Singapore to Fremantle in September.

Have to say that this was probably our most friendliest cruise. Great crew and great fellow passengers. Had a good roll call and a wonderful and most exciting roll call tour in Phuket.

Our main complaint was the poor administration and food of the MDR using MTD. We were suite guests and probably got the worst seating of all - right next to the trash. We completed the on board survey mid cruise and all our complaints were dealt with immediately, even though we did not return to the MDR. Happy to hear that the food has improved.

Being suite guests, tendering lines did not affect us but i could see that many people were lined up fir a long time - esp at Bali. There are very strong currents there that create their own swell even though the ship is anchored. The crew did not know how to deal with this and blamed the slow tendering on "rough" seas:rolleyes:

We thought that the ship was in good shape considering her age and did not experience any dirty or untidy areas. Maybe things changed after change of Captain etc when they returned to Singapore.

Hopefully her Australian season will be much better than the Asian one with a totally different demographic.

Will we sail on her again - yes. But i am wondering if we were spoilt by having been upgraded to a suite.

Hugh

It is hard to go back once you have been 'Suitened'.;)

Edited by MicCanberra

Doing the radiance in April so fingers crossed nothing has changed there Regards Irene and Stan Best Wishes for Christmas.

Hi Stan and Irene hope you are both well shame you didn't enjoy your cruise.... the Rhapsody of the Seas repo we all did earlier this year was by far a much better experience, she will be sadly missed..... we have close friends who love the Radiance perhaps a tad more than the Rhapsody we have yet to find a space in our diary to try her.... maybe next year or best make that the one after.......having a break from cruising from June onwards.....knee replacement time..:D Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both ..... :)

Thanks for your perspective on the same cruise, goes to show, that everyone experiences some of the same things differently.

Maybe they wanted our photo for security reasons?:eek:

Lololololol love your wit Mic ..... my comments about the photo missing were said "tongue in cheek" of course they wouldn't bin it because of what we were wearing most likely was binned due to poor quality.....we did get a good laugh out of the situation though........:D

Raina I followed your blog and loved your photos good to hear you and your dad enjoyed your Junior Suite experience.... we met a lovely couple of Aussies at a local bus stop in Hong Kong, as you do:eek: they were so excited as they too had booked a JS.... unfortunately their experience wasn't as happy...

I too love hearing how people have enjoyed their cruising experience's but it does concern me when many jump in with set in concrete opinions on the condition of ships that they haven't currently cruised on... I am not necessarily referring to any posts on this thread btw... a ship a year ago or even 6 months ago can be vastly different today in many ways from what it was when they last cruised....lack of regular maintenance, crew nationality changes and obvious penny pinching to name just a few things can impact on a product dramatically...

Oh well for us there are no real "bad" cruises just one's that are memorable for all the wrong right reasons........ lololol.....

Enough said.........

Edited by badgerbill

yes done 17 cruises mostly with RCI and try to be Loyal to them, however, quote it was not the BEST cruise we have been on apart from the ship the staff were not the most never saw our cabin boy and yes he was tipped on first day!!The queues at the office show how many people had issues to attend to. However, as we all say keep cruising it is a lovely way to travel Meet some lovely people make friends and keep them too.

This is my review from the same cruise..

Legend of the Seas Hong Kong - Brisbane November 2015

Our embarkation was smooth and we were onboard in no time, our staterooms available at 1pm. We did the obligatory quick tour of the ship and my first impression was that the ship was smaller then the Radiance and Rhapsody. It was also tired and needs a good refurb to spruce it up a bit.

Windjammer

We made our way up to the Windjammer after embarkation for lunch and the variety of food was much the same as all other ships, the thing that was noticed was the buffet is situated at the front of the ship and this means that it's exposed to the sun which was very hot with the heat off the windows to sit at the tables under these windows and passengers gravitated to the inner tables. We were also greeted with announcements over the PA that if we had finished our meal to please vacate the area so others could use the tables. The food in the windjammer became very repetitive and creative mixes mid cruise to use up all the stocks onboard.. The tables were not cleared or wiped properly and when they were it was not done with a clean cloth or hygienically. Also one toaster to cook toast for the masses at breakfast was terrible.

Romeo & Juliet Dining Room Deck 5 6pm sitting

I have done many cruises and I found the food on this cruise to be quite mediocre and repetitive. (We dined in the MDR every night table for 10) Some of the food was warm and not to the standard I have experienced in the past, but I didn't have to cook it so that was a bonus.. The table waitress was beautiful and made our dinner time enjoyable. The assistant waiter and drink waiter were hit and miss until about day 15.. We had the red coat to the table a few times and he was very receptive to our input.

Cabin

We were on Deck 6 Balcony

We had the cabin directly behind Lattetudes so we knew exactly how many cups of coffee they made whilst in the cabin as we could here the banging of the coffee thingo and shhhhhh from the steam, also the blender when the cold drinks were mixed and they thoroughly clean the cafe every 3 nights and were there until 130am but it never worried me at all and we used to laugh about it with the staff and knock back on the wall and go and get our coffee. (However i am sure i could of turned it into a negative and whinged about it, but you just get on with it).. The cabin was old and tired there was 3 mesh shelves about 18in x 12in for clothes and 3 small drawers that was it there is very very minimal storage, I had 12 coat hangers so had to ask for more and I was given another 10 wire hangers... The bed was ok, marginally better then the slab we slept on in Hong Kong, the pillows were poor. We don't make demands on our cabin steward so we never seen him much (our first one left day 2) but if we needed him we knew where to find him for extra towels etc and we got a towel animal most nights.. The balcony was big enough and it is good as you look down to the water with nothing in the way (These balconies were added on during the last refit)... The only downside was the lack of shelves and the ongoing maintenance with the paint thinner or lacquer fumes and the minions were working above us tapping and banging away until the wee hours but i understand this needs to be done or they wouldn't of done it.. Just turn the music up and enjoy the cruise. I had to replace my card a few times for no apparent reason but apparently this was common all over the ship. We also had air conditioner problems that is in the General ship paragraph below.

Vitality Spa

I had a massage that was offered as a special, however there is no way i could relax because the whole time she was pushing crap for every possible thing in existence, which i never took up

Entertainment

We only had 3 production shows in the theatre and a short one in the Centrum other then that we had comedians, hypnotists and musicians, I can say the best entertainment in the theatre for me was the Australian Beatles Band and they also did a Rolling Stones show in the Centrum which packed out both venues.

The entertainment staff headed by Keith and Belle was good and we found Flavio, Tom & Yun very friendly and fun and kept the crowd in line...

I have no idea why the Centrum was used for almost everything when it is so small even though it was accessible viewing from decks 4,5,6,7&8 you still found it difficult to see what was happening with all the large chairs set out around the areas.. The Anchors Away lounge should of been utilised much much more but there must of been a reason it wasn't, which was a shame.

The library area was ridiculous if you were sitting having a coffee you had to becareful you never got a glass door to the head with people accessing the books. The cafe area is not big enough to be utilised as both cafe and library.

TV

The bloody reruns of Jurassic world and others was terrible there was a 3 min loop of news and sport and other then that it was a disgrace. We did eventually get some Aussie content but it never lasted long and it was lost as quick as we got it...

Bars

I don't drink so I can't comment but when I required a drink in the theatre or at the activities etc I never had a problem. I purchased the RR package when the deal was on earlier in the year and I found it good value at that price anymore and I wouldn't of got my moneys worth It was only $11 a day normally $23?

Shops

There was the usual shops and ship stuff onboard, the "sales" bought the worst out in some passengers with security having to be called on more then one occasion because of the pushing and shoving and attitude of some passengers during the sales... Shakes head. Prices in beauty and perfume shops were about the same if not more then online shops. What really annoyed me was as we got closer to Australia they repriced everything and the prices rose by up to $20 on some perfumes.. The alcohol was cheap if you are a drinker. Other then that not much to report.

Staff

There was a high turnover of staff on this cruise the first being at embarkation then as we went to the relevant home ports of staff, which made it difficult at times to communicate because they were still orientating themselves. The staff onboard were very friendly and helpful always with a smile even when some people deserved to cop what they hand out.

Ship in General

We had air conditioning problems, It was on the coldest setting and we used to shut the balcony door when we were out there so that wasn't the cause but our cabin was hot and after we were out all day on tours we longed to return to the cabin for a shower and cool off and it was not the case but it used to get cooler in the wee hours of the morning and once we got closer to Brisbane. I have always needed a light cardigan in public areas at some stage on a ship but not this one i never wore one at anytime as most of the areas were warm. The bridge had to up the speed to it's maximum a few times to make up times or get around bad weather and the shuddering and moaning was very noticeable on our deck so it must of been worse on lower decks, this needs to be addressed as it can be uncomfortable at times..

My only explanation for the air conditioning is that they needed to lessen the power usage to use it for engine cooling because the water temperatures were above average around the equator region, maybe someone can confirm or set me right on this theory as i never got to ask anyone because the Captain never made himself available very often and we were lucky if we got a 12noon update occasionally, which I missed as I always take notice of our position and weather etc but then they rely on the TV I suppose but still nice to hear it from the bridge.

Tendering

Bali was very hit and miss we lined up from 6am to get our tender tickets the first time it was from the Shore Tour desk and they never started handing them out until 830am and by that stage the line was never ending.. We got tender 1 as we had our own tour organised but some never got off until 4hrs later. Then to get back onboard was another logistical nightmare as there were still a few hundred waiting at the dock to return to the ship with 15 mins til last tender and the weather had turned and was quite choppy so they had to reinstate the catamaran they had used earlier in the day from the mainland. They learnt from that and moved the tickets to Anchors Away lounge which was a better alternative.. Cairns and Airlie beach were a better operation.

Shore Tours

I booked 3 tours through the ship and 2 of the 3 were good.

The Panoramic Tagatay Tour in Manila was very good it was all day but it was made easy with the full police escort from start to finish and the guide was very good. Would recommend this tour.

Puerto Princesa City Tour was very disappointing. The tour guides microphone wasn't working so we couldn't hear him, the air con on the bus was not efficient and the itinerary left a lot to be desired, first stop a butterfly farm which was so packed you couldn't move or take a picture without masses in it, then off to a crocodile farm where I felt sorry for the crocs as they were in small pens and some without water but you could have a picture taken at a price (no thanks) holding a baby croc. Back to the bus.. Then the next stop was at a penal farm which took forever down a dirt road to get to and then to watch some inmates dance and pedal their wares, no thanks back to the bus... then we were taken to a nominated shop and told we can spend our money in there and buy pearls etc but I opted for a cold drink and packet of chips from the supermarket. One of the gentleman onboard asked the host if we got a snack as other buses did and his reply was yes it's underneath the bus and that is where it stayed, then eventually back into town where we visited a park (with war history) and a church before being delivered back to the ship.. Utter waste of money, after bringing this to the attention of the shore tours desk they had many other people complain that were not happy and we got an $11 refund

but the tour was a total waste of time and money so don't book it.

Kota Kinabalu City Orientation Tour was good the bus was comfortable and the tour guide was very informative.. This one I would also recommend.

My biggest Gripe of the cruise were some rude passengers onboard that think they can speak to the staff onboard like crap and get away with it (don't try it in front of me as I will call you on it and I did) there is no need for it.

Last but not least is the fact that some credit cards were scammed whilst on the ship some of these were known to others onboard but some were not and the more people that found out about it, it become apparent that the only thing in common was they were linked to their Onboard accounts and all had the same transaction detail on their statements but for different amounts from different financial institutions ranging from 100's to 1000's of $$, the accounts were cancelled by the 23rd Nov by the financial institutions and this was only discovered when we arrived in Darwin and needed AU$, hence the cards were cut up and had to have new accounts set up etc and most of them had direct debits etc so it was very inconvenient for all concerned. Security were told as were Guest relations but they stated it had to be dealt with onshore and not onboard. So guess what many of us had to do once we got home, RCI still have not responded to any of the posts on their social media which doesn't surprise me at all they have the worse Customer Service of any cruise line I have dealt with.

I would probably not cruise Legend again. RCI need to lift their game back to what people expect from them as a company or suffer the consequences with the competition out there.

This is my review and I realise others may or may not agree.. I also filled in my survey and I can only call it as I experience it..

Happy Cruising :)

Thanks for your review Lisa, I had the return booked for next April, but glad we cancelled it a while ago as we could not get enough leave........but now have PNG booked and you are on it, so bonus:)

There was a post while you were away about someone having their Amex scammed while on Explorer, so have a scroll down the page, mmmm.... I am going to check our 28 degrees as we used it on Voyager recently.

Chez

xx

This is my review from the same cruise..

Legend of the Seas Hong Kong - Brisbane November 2015

Our embarkation was smooth and we were onboard in no time, our staterooms available at 1pm. We did the obligatory quick tour of the ship and my first impression was that the ship was smaller then the Radiance and Rhapsody. It was also tired and needs a good refurb to spruce it up a bit.

Windjammer

We made our way up to the Windjammer after embarkation for lunch and the variety of food was much the same as all other ships, the thing that was noticed was the buffet is situated at the front of the ship and this means that it's exposed to the sun which was very hot with the heat off the windows to sit at the tables under these windows and passengers gravitated to the inner tables. We were also greeted with announcements over the PA that if we had finished our meal to please vacate the area so others could use the tables. The food in the windjammer became very repetitive and creative mixes mid cruise to use up all the stocks onboard.. The tables were not cleared or wiped properly and when they were it was not done with a clean cloth or hygienically. Also one toaster to cook toast for the masses at breakfast was terrible.

Romeo & Juliet Dining Room Deck 5 6pm sitting

I have done many cruises and I found the food on this cruise to be quite mediocre and repetitive. (We dined in the MDR every night table for 10) Some of the food was warm and not to the standard I have experienced in the past, but I didn't have to cook it so that was a bonus.. The table waitress was beautiful and made our dinner time enjoyable. The assistant waiter and drink waiter were hit and miss until about day 15.. We had the red coat to the table a few times and he was very receptive to our input.

Cabin

We were on Deck 6 Balcony

We had the cabin directly behind Lattetudes so we knew exactly how many cups of coffee they made whilst in the cabin as we could here the banging of the coffee thingo and shhhhhh from the steam, also the blender when the cold drinks were mixed and they thoroughly clean the cafe every 3 nights and were there until 130am but it never worried me at all and we used to laugh about it with the staff and knock back on the wall and go and get our coffee. (However i am sure i could of turned it into a negative and whinged about it, but you just get on with it).. The cabin was old and tired there was 3 mesh shelves about 18in x 12in for clothes and 3 small drawers that was it there is very very minimal storage, I had 12 coat hangers so had to ask for more and I was given another 10 wire hangers... The bed was ok, marginally better then the slab we slept on in Hong Kong, the pillows were poor. We don't make demands on our cabin steward so we never seen him much (our first one left day 2) but if we needed him we knew where to find him for extra towels etc and we got a towel animal most nights.. The balcony was big enough and it is good as you look down to the water with nothing in the way (These balconies were added on during the last refit)... The only downside was the lack of shelves and the ongoing maintenance with the paint thinner or lacquer fumes and the minions were working above us tapping and banging away until the wee hours but i understand this needs to be done or they wouldn't of done it.. Just turn the music up and enjoy the cruise. I had to replace my card a few times for no apparent reason but apparently this was common all over the ship. We also had air conditioner problems that is in the General ship paragraph below.

Vitality Spa

I had a massage that was offered as a special, however there is no way i could relax because the whole time she was pushing crap for every possible thing in existence, which i never took up

Entertainment

We only had 3 production shows in the theatre and a short one in the Centrum other then that we had comedians, hypnotists and musicians, I can say the best entertainment in the theatre for me was the Australian Beatles Band and they also did a Rolling Stones show in the Centrum which packed out both venues.

The entertainment staff headed by Keith and Belle was good and we found Flavio, Tom & Yun very friendly and fun and kept the crowd in line...

I have no idea why the Centrum was used for almost everything when it is so small even though it was accessible viewing from decks 4,5,6,7&8 you still found it difficult to see what was happening with all the large chairs set out around the areas.. The Anchors Away lounge should of been utilised much much more but there must of been a reason it wasn't, which was a shame.

The library area was ridiculous if you were sitting having a coffee you had to becareful you never got a glass door to the head with people accessing the books. The cafe area is not big enough to be utilised as both cafe and library.

TV

The bloody reruns of Jurassic world and others was terrible there was a 3 min loop of news and sport and other then that it was a disgrace. We did eventually get some Aussie content but it never lasted long and it was lost as quick as we got it...

Bars

I don't drink so I can't comment but when I required a drink in the theatre or at the activities etc I never had a problem. I purchased the RR package when the deal was on earlier in the year and I found it good value at that price anymore and I wouldn't of got my moneys worth It was only $11 a day normally $23?

Shops

There was the usual shops and ship stuff onboard, the "sales" bought the worst out in some passengers with security having to be called on more then one occasion because of the pushing and shoving and attitude of some passengers during the sales... Shakes head. Prices in beauty and perfume shops were about the same if not more then online shops. What really annoyed me was as we got closer to Australia they repriced everything and the prices rose by up to $20 on some perfumes.. The alcohol was cheap if you are a drinker. Other then that not much to report.

Staff

There was a high turnover of staff on this cruise the first being at embarkation then as we went to the relevant home ports of staff, which made it difficult at times to communicate because they were still orientating themselves. The staff onboard were very friendly and helpful always with a smile even when some people deserved to cop what they hand out.

Ship in General

We had air conditioning problems, It was on the coldest setting and we used to shut the balcony door when we were out there so that wasn't the cause but our cabin was hot and after we were out all day on tours we longed to return to the cabin for a shower and cool off and it was not the case but it used to get cooler in the wee hours of the morning and once we got closer to Brisbane. I have always needed a light cardigan in public areas at some stage on a ship but not this one i never wore one at anytime as most of the areas were warm. The bridge had to up the speed to it's maximum a few times to make up times or get around bad weather and the shuddering and moaning was very noticeable on our deck so it must of been worse on lower decks, this needs to be addressed as it can be uncomfortable at times..

My only explanation for the air conditioning is that they needed to lessen the power usage to use it for engine cooling because the water temperatures were above average around the equator region, maybe someone can confirm or set me right on this theory as i never got to ask anyone because the Captain never made himself available very often and we were lucky if we got a 12noon update occasionally, which I missed as I always take notice of our position and weather etc but then they rely on the TV I suppose but still nice to hear it from the bridge.

Tendering

Bali was very hit and miss we lined up from 6am to get our tender tickets the first time it was from the Shore Tour desk and they never started handing them out until 830am and by that stage the line was never ending.. We got tender 1 as we had our own tour organised but some never got off until 4hrs later. Then to get back onboard was another logistical nightmare as there were still a few hundred waiting at the dock to return to the ship with 15 mins til last tender and the weather had turned and was quite choppy so they had to reinstate the catamaran they had used earlier in the day from the mainland. They learnt from that and moved the tickets to Anchors Away lounge which was a better alternative.. Cairns and Airlie beach were a better operation.

Shore Tours

I booked 3 tours through the ship and 2 of the 3 were good.

The Panoramic Tagatay Tour in Manila was very good it was all day but it was made easy with the full police escort from start to finish and the guide was very good. Would recommend this tour.

Puerto Princesa City Tour was very disappointing. The tour guides microphone wasn't working so we couldn't hear him, the air con on the bus was not efficient and the itinerary left a lot to be desired, first stop a butterfly farm which was so packed you couldn't move or take a picture without masses in it, then off to a crocodile farm where I felt sorry for the crocs as they were in small pens and some without water but you could have a picture taken at a price (no thanks) holding a baby croc. Back to the bus.. Then the next stop was at a penal farm which took forever down a dirt road to get to and then to watch some inmates dance and pedal their wares, no thanks back to the bus... then we were taken to a nominated shop and told we can spend our money in there and buy pearls etc but I opted for a cold drink and packet of chips from the supermarket. One of the gentleman onboard asked the host if we got a snack as other buses did and his reply was yes it's underneath the bus and that is where it stayed, then eventually back into town where we visited a park (with war history) and a church before being delivered back to the ship.. Utter waste of money, after bringing this to the attention of the shore tours desk they had many other people complain that were not happy and we got an $11 refund

but the tour was a total waste of time and money so don't book it.

Kota Kinabalu City Orientation Tour was good the bus was comfortable and the tour guide was very informative.. This one I would also recommend.

My biggest Gripe of the cruise were some rude passengers onboard that think they can speak to the staff onboard like crap and get away with it (don't try it in front of me as I will call you on it and I did) there is no need for it.

Last but not least is the fact that some credit cards were scammed whilst on the ship some of these were known to others onboard but some were not and the more people that found out about it, it become apparent that the only thing in common was they were linked to their Onboard accounts and all had the same transaction detail on their statements but for different amounts from different financial institutions ranging from 100's to 1000's of $$, the accounts were cancelled by the 23rd Nov by the financial institutions and this was only discovered when we arrived in Darwin and needed AU$, hence the cards were cut up and had to have new accounts set up etc and most of them had direct debits etc so it was very inconvenient for all concerned. Security were told as were Guest relations but they stated it had to be dealt with onshore and not onboard. So guess what many of us had to do once we got home, RCI still have not responded to any of the posts on their social media which doesn't surprise me at all they have the worse Customer Service of any cruise line I have dealt with.

I would probably not cruise Legend again. RCI need to lift their game back to what people expect from them as a company or suffer the consequences with the competition out there.

This is my review and I realise others may or may not agree.. I also filled in my survey and I can only call it as I experience it..

Happy Cruising :)

Thanks Chez :)

You've got to much time on your hands to write a review that long. If I'm walking around the ship looking for rust and measuring the vanity then I've got problems.

Oops. I appreciate it when people take the time to write a review. It doesn't mean they have walked "around the ship looking for rust and measuring the vanity". Regular cruisers will notice things in the normal course of events. :)

You've got to much time on your hands to write a review that long. If I'm walking around the ship looking for rust and measuring the vanity then I've got problems.

Are you referring to Lisa's or Shiona's review?

I can assure you that neither have too much time on their hands;)

I appreciate all that take the time to review the ships that are coming here, these are experienced cruisers and I value their thoughts and comments.

Chez

Great review Lisa ................as for the gentleman or lady who commented about too much time on our hands, rust and measuring the vanity bahahahahaha love it :) seeing as your first cruise was onboard Rhapsody do us a favour jump onboard Legend and give us your opinion ... they're not quite apples for apples but welcome your comments !!!!