Need Oasis Experts for info on Disembarking in St. Thomas

We will sailing with a large group on the Oasis for a Bar Mitzvah in St. Thomas.

Since there will not be anyone in the group that has sailed the Oasis, where would be a good, quiet spot for all to meet before getting off the ship together?

Since the ship is so large, are there long lines to disembark in port? If so, I'll check to see if we can be given priority to leave the ship.

I have also read reviews that the ship sometimes docks earlier than the 10:00 stated arrival time. Has anyone arrived early and been let off the ship before 10 in St. Thomas?

Thanks for all your help.

J :)

We will sailing with a large group on the Oasis for a Bar Mitzvah in St. Thomas.

Since there will not be anyone in the group that has sailed the Oasis, where would be a good, quiet spot for all to meet before getting off the ship together?

Since the ship is so large, are there long lines to disembark in port? If so, I'll check to see if we can be given priority to leave the ship.

I have also read reviews that the ship sometimes docks earlier than the 10:00 stated arrival time. Has anyone arrived early and been let off the ship before 10 in St. Thomas?

Thanks for all your help.

J :)

It is very quick and efficient to disembark the Oasis.

You will be in Crown Point, not in Havensight.

There will be large open-air trucks with benches (the local taxis for the cruise ships) waiting at the dock.

I suggest that you meet in the Champagne Bar or Boleros. They will both be empty in the morning and have plenty of seats for those who arrive early at the meeting point.

Right now there are 12 of us but the number could keep climbing as the RSVP's come in. Sailing not until May. Thanks.

You might find the Champagne Bar deserted early in the morning. Check the Cruise Compass for any events they might be holding there. at the time you want to meet.

Edited by clarea

There will be large open-air trucks with benches (the local taxis for the cruise ships) waiting at the dock.

I suggest that you meet in the Champagne Bar or Boleros. They will both be empty in the morning and have plenty of seats for those who arrive early at the meeting point.

Thank you. I'll look into the Champagne Bar or Boleros. We already have private transportation reserved in Crown Bay to take us there.

We've been to St. Thomas many times but never arrived at Crown Bay before. Will it be easy to spot our driver. He says it will but would be nice to hear from passenger experience.

Thanks.

Thank you. I'll look into the Champagne Bar or Boleros. We already have private transportation reserved in Crown Bay to take us there.

We've been to St. Thomas many times but never arrived at Crown Bay before. Will it be easy to spot our driver. He says it will but would be nice to hear from passenger experience.

Thanks.

Yes. The traffic will flow out through a gate to your left. There is a parking lot just beyond. I assume that your driver will be standing outside that gate with a sign. :)

Merion Mom: I thought Oasis docks at Charlotte Amalie while in St. Thomas? What's this Crown Point you speak of? I know my 10/1/2016 Oasis cruise ports at Charlotte Amalie for sure.

Merion Mom: I thought Oasis docks at Charlotte Amalie while in St. Thomas? What's this Crown Point you speak of? I know my 10/1/2016 Oasis cruise ports at Charlotte Amalie for sure.

There are two piers for cruise ships in Charlotte Amalie. one is Havensight and the other is Crown Bay. Oasis and Allure are too large for Havensight, so they go to Crown Bay.

The Allure (the younger sister of the Oasis) is docked on the right (Crown Point is the name of the dock). Havensight is the dock on the left. The name of the City is Charlotte Amalie. The name of the island is St. Thomas.

CorolWorldIMGP0155_zps3a77a78f.jpg

Here is a better view of the Havensight dock ...

CorolWorldIMGP0157_zpsa6c17f9e.jpg

Here is a better view of the Crown Point dock ...

CorolWorldIMGP0165_zps2d711868.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

Crown bay is an old naval base and has a deeper channel. It gets all the 'mega' ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once I was on the Independence and we docked at Crown Bay.

I was confused, until we were driving into Charlotte Amalie, and the ships at Havensight came into view.

There was "no room at the inn." :eek: