Flights to River Cruise

mmsoko

• 3 weeks later...
I'm flying Toronto to Budapest, Bucharest to Toronto late September 2016, and bought the tickets a month ago. $870 w/ Lufthansa.

I figure it can't go much lower, so go ahead and get them. The only downside is that when I looked into upgrading to Economy Plus for the long leg, Toronto to Frankfurt, I found that I couldn't, since it was an Air Canada flight and we had purchased through Cheapoair. They did move us up about 20 rows from the last row where the computer had slotted us.

Good luck.

We are also on an affinity Danube cruise-- Amadeus River II. Checking for fares even near that from Philadelphia or Newark to Prague; BudaPest for return flight. Geez! August 18-29 (extra Budapest day--unless another arrangement would be cheaper.)

Wish me & my buddy from near Miami good luck! --Rob from Princeton [emoji570][emoji771]

We booked our flights for September cruise.

Detroit to Prague and Budapest to Detrot.

We booked economy plus because of advise from you CCrs.

Was able to choose our flights and save by booking thru AMA.

Lots more than $800 but we ok with it

Has anyone had experience transferring in Madrid. We are doing a

PHL to Madrid to Lyon . . . 2 hour 10 minute layover.

We are connecting in Madrid for the first time in April on our way to Bordeaux. Found a great deal that allowed us to fly business for a small premium over Premium Economy and jumped on it.

Our layover is longer and I will post from the boat and let you know how it is (if you are sailing after us). I have read good reviews of the airport and we will have lounge access, which will make it the layover easier to handle after a long flight. A hot shower and change of clothes before we take our 1 hour flight to Bordeaux and board the boat will be welcome, I am certain.

You must be cruising the Rhone. That is our favorite itinerary so far!

Edited by caviargal

Has anyone had experience transferring in Madrid. We are doing a

PHL to Madrid to Lyon . . . 2 hour 10 minute layover.

Years ago, we flew JFK-MAD-Malaga, and the reverse, on Iberia. Madrid is a pretty airport. There was a decent walk between the Schengen and non-Schengen areas but nothing that was too stressful or time-consuming. That layover sounds pretty good.

**Just checked my tix for that trip - we had 1h35 connection time on the way over, and 1h15 on the way back home.