Single cabins on Prinsendam

rafinmd

Just adding to my previous post. I found a diagram of the cabin on the HAL site and it shows a double bed. The angle of the bow cuts out the love seat and there are some added cabinets according to the diagram. As I mentioned before, it shows one small chair.

Still would love to see actual pictures if anyone has them. I think I'm going to book this cabin.

I looked at the deck plan for where these two single cabins are, and notice that they sit directly above the main showroom. Since I'm one who goes to bed early I don't think I would want my bed right above the showroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just coming back to add that I booked a Q guarantee for a Prinsendam cruise. It was a good price for a solo cruiser. I just looked now and both the Upper Promenade cabins show sold out. I booked the GTY rather than a firm booking for one of these cabins in hopes that I might be upgraded to a full size OV (or higher?). If I don't get an upgrade, I think I can be happy with this cabin because the ship is so small. I wouldn't want to be so far forward on a big ship. Also, I don't go to bed early, so I don't think being over the showroom will be a big issue for me.

Still looking for pictures of the cabin, though!! :)

I had booked a studio cabin on the Breakaway on an 11 day cruise out of NYC very early. The price was around $1000. The price never went down-it just kept going up, but inside and outside cabins went down so much I could have had a whole cabin to myself for much less than the studio. Ended up cancelling when my TA found for a little more a 11 night HAL cruise and I would be sailing from Fort Lauderdale. Every time I check the single cabins on the Konigsdam, they are way overpriced for a single cabin-and at such a bad location as well! It's just as well I like the smaller ships.

Just coming back to add that I booked a Q guarantee for a Prinsendam cruise. It was a good price for a solo cruiser. I just looked now and both the Upper Promenade cabins show sold out. I booked the GTY rather than a firm booking for one of these cabins in hopes that I might be upgraded to a full size OV (or higher?). If I don't get an upgrade, I think I can be happy with this cabin because the ship is so small. I wouldn't want to be so far forward on a big ship. Also, I don't go to bed early, so I don't think being over the showroom will be a big issue for me.

Still looking for pictures of the cabin, though!! :)

We've stayed in the the most forward outside cabins on the P-dam and liked them.

Keep in mind for cabins above the showroom, they often practice late at night. We had a cabin on the final voyage of the Statendam, and we definitely felt and heard the beat.

We've stayed in the the most forward outside cabins on the P-dam and liked them.

Keep in mind for cabins above the showroom, they often practice late at night. We had a cabin on the final voyage of the Statendam, and we definitely felt and heard the beat.

Thanks for the info. Early morning sound would bother me more than late night. I was on the Grand Princess and it sounded like they were doing Zumba in my bathroom at 9AM. That was annoying. ;)

Do you have any pictures of the Prinsendam single OV cabins?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. Early morning sound would bother me more than late night. I was on the Grand Princess and it sounded like they were doing Zumba in my bathroom at 9AM. That was annoying. ;)

Do you have any pictures of the Prinsendam single OV cabins?

Thanks.

I've looked through our pictures from 2013, but didn't find any of the cabin. But it sure brought back some great memories on the Prinsendam!