Shore excursion credit....how does it work?

gkrnjlr

We upgraded to a balcony tonight and now I noticed that we have a shore excursion credit. I called in and asked what the details were and was told that it's $75 per port (we have 3 ports).

How does this work? If I book over the phone prior to sailing does the credit come off of the total price when booking?

Does anyone know the details on this?

Thanks!

The credit is redeemed by calling to book the excursion or by booking the excursion on board. You cannot take the credit by booking the excursion online yourself.

The credit is applied to the purchase at the time of booking.

Call 1-866-625-1167 and speak to the folks there.

Here are the T&Cs -- scroll down a bit...

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/wavenov15?hide_hf=true

Edited by triptolemus

The credit is redeemed by calling to book the excursion or by booking the excursion on board. You cannot take the credit by booking the excursion online yourself.

The credit is applied to the purchase at the time of booking.

Call 1-866-625-1167 and speak to the folks there.

Here are the T&Cs -- scroll down a bit...

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/wavenov15?hide_hf=true

Excellent! Thank you so much! I guess we better book soon before the ones we want are sold out.

I called and booked one last week with excursion credit. I was not charged at all when booking, and was told the credit would be applied onboard with the balance charged to onboard account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did call this morning (expecting to pay!) and was told the same thing.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, is it actually maxed at $75 per port, or do they just give you a total of credit equal to $75 times the number of ports? For example, if for one port you pick a $99 tour, and the next port you pick a $59 tour, would you owe any actual money?

Out of curiosity, is it actually maxed at $75 per port, or do they just give you a total of credit equal to $75 times the number of ports? For example, if for one port you pick a $99 tour, and the next port you pick a $59 tour, would you owe any actual money?

I was told that it is no more than $75 per port and the ports you don't use it in you lose it....it won't be on your account as a credit.

It's $75 per port. If you don't use all $75 (e.g., you just go out on your own), you lose the credit. It does not roll forward to any other port. Once you have paid for the excursion on your on board account and complete the shore excursion, they will credit you back the $75 for that port.

• 9 months later...
Just to be clear is the $75 per port and stateroom? Example if we choose a excursion that is $60pp for each of us will we then just owe $45?

You actually pay the full amount for the excursion but then after you take the excursion the credit will be added to your account that night.

Just to be clear is the $75 per port and stateroom? Example if we choose a excursion that is $60pp for each of us will we then just owe $45?

I know this is an old thread but this was a recent question - for our last cruise where we had the excursion credit - if we booked prior to the cruise - by calling the excursion line not directly online - the amount of the credit was removed from the amount we had to pre-pay. So in your scenario if the excursion was 120 total - you would have only had to pay the 45 dollar difference when booking through the excursion phone desk.

When we booked on board, they first charged the full amount to our on-board account then removed the credit amount as OBC. Keep in mind that if your port is canceled, you do not get that credit back as OBC. Since we were using the credit on GSC and we missed that port - we were "refunded" the entire amount charged to our on-board account and the credit just basically went away.

wonder if shore credits can be used for cabana on harvest caye. will they be renting lawn chairs on harvest caye?

Rule of thumb: if it must be booked through the Excursion Dept (whether on line, on the phone, or on the ship) the Excursion Promo is valid to be used (example, clamshells on GSC are eligible for the promo use)

Edited by esm54687

Rule of thumb: if it must be booked through the Excursion Dept (whether on line, on the phone, or on the ship) the Excursion Promo is valid to be used (example, clamshells on GSC are eligible for the promo use)

I actually just called, since I was panicking that I had booked them online and I have the shorex credit. the rep told me that if I booked it online and paid in full, that after the excursion, they would *still* refund the credit as OBC.

Edited by Starflyr3

• 6 months later...
wonder if shore credits can be used for cabana on harvest caye. will they be renting lawn chairs on harvest caye?

Just wondering if you ever found out if the credit could be used for a cabana or clamshell on Harvest Caye? Thanks!

• 10 months later...
Same question :D

No. The Shore credit is applied to EXCURSIONS.

There isn't really any credit to be applied elsewhere. Your onboard account is charged for the Excursion. You take the Excursion. The credit is then applied to your onboard account which simply means you pay less for the Excursion.

• 1 month later...
I actually just called, since I was panicking that I had booked them online and I have the shorex credit. the rep told me that if I booked it online and paid in full, that after the excursion, they would *still* refund the credit as OBC.

Whew! I was just panicking about this same thing! Thank you!

• 2 months later...

After already purchasing shore excursions, I received the shorex credit perk with an upgraded cabin. So I called the shorex number to reserve the rest of my excursions and inquire about the credit. The rep said I had to pay for all the excursions since I had already paid for some, but that I will receive the per port obc after taking each excursion. Basically, she explained that I could have just reserved them without paying had I not already paid for any.

I would prefer to credit the excursions rather than finding items to spend the credit on. And I plan on prepaying the dsc as it has increased since booking.

I guess I will call and cancel the excursions to get a refund. Then I will rebook them all by calling again.

So silly.

After already purchasing shore excursions, I received the shorex credit perk with an upgraded cabin. So I called the shorex number to reserve the rest of my excursions and inquire about the credit. The rep said I had to pay for all the excursions since I had already paid for some, but that I will receive the per port obc after taking each excursion. Basically, she explained that I could have just reserved them without paying had I not already paid for any.

I would prefer to credit the excursions rather than finding items to spend the credit on. And I plan on prepaying the dsc as it has increased since booking.

I guess I will call and cancel the excursions to get a refund. Then I will rebook them all by calling again.

So silly.

Then again, rather than going through this charade, I could choose not to

prepay the dsc and use the credit towards it. With only a bill increase of $14, it may be worth it just to leave my shorex prepaid.:confused:

Then again, rather than going through this charade, I could choose not to

prepay the dsc and use the credit towards it. With only a bill increase of $14, it may be worth it just to leave my shorex prepaid.:confused:

When did the DSC increase?