The almost-impossible to book cabin is now available! (for a short time)

Spaniel Lover

Of all the cabins on all the Carnival ships, there's one type that is almost impossible to book because demand is so much greater than the supply. I'm talking about the almost-impossible to book Carnival Vista Havana Suite. It's the one with the hammock on the balcony!

HavanaCabanaSuite-exterior.jpg

HavanaCabanaSuite-interior.jpg

The big news is that last evening, December 17, 2015, Carnival opened up bookings for Carnival Vista for cruises after May, 2017... and so, for a very short time, you have a chance to book one of these highly-coveted Havana suites before they sell out again.

There are only four Havana Suites on the Carnival Vista, and they were one of the first cabin categories to sell out on every Vista cruise with sail dates up until May 2017. In fact, even all the regular Havana balcony cabins have been all sold out for quite a while... and there are 23 of those.

These Havana Suites (for cruises after May 2017) are not going to be available for long. You can be sure that they will quickly sell out, just like they did the last time Carnival opened up bookings for the Vista. So, if you're interested in snagging one... or any Havana cabin category, for that matter... and you can make plans for a cruise that's more than a year and a half away... now is the time to check the available sail dates at Carnival.com!

It's hard for me to make plans for a cruise that is so far off in the future... so I totally missed the opportunity to get in to a Havana cabin when the first wave of sail dates went up for sale. When I noticed that Carnival had finally opened up bookings beyond May of 2017, I made a leap of faith and booked a Havana Suite for a date over 600 days from now! That seems kind of crazy to me, but that's what you've got to do if you want a cabin in the extremely popular Havana section of the ship.

What's so cool about cabins in the Havana section? Exclusive access to the Havana pool and Jacuzzis at the aft end of deck five, that's what.

HavanaPool.jpg

It's Carnival's first experiment with an exclusive ship-within-a-ship area... something like a cross between Norwegian Cruise Line's Haven cabins and Princess Cruise Line's "The Sanctuary". Most Carnival Vista passengers will not have access to the Havana pool area, at least during the day. Only the residents of about 60 cabins will have Havana access during morning and afternoon hours when everyone wants to spend time in a pool or a Jacuzzi.

Anyone who has been on a Carnival cruise before knows how crowded the pools and Jacuzzis can be during the day. Even just trying to find an available lounger near a pool or Jacuzzi can be an exercise in frustration. In the exclusive Havana area, with one pool and two Jacuzzis to serve just about 60 cabins... I really like those odds!

VistaHavanaPool.jpg

The way I see it, it's like having a Serenity Retreat to be shared among the passengers from only about 60 cabins... rather than with all 4000 passengers on the ship... but it's even better than most Serenity Retreats, because it's got a pool.

HavanaPoolChairs.jpg

Can you tell I'm just a little excited about the Havana cabins on Carnival Vista! I wish I was one of the sailings during the inaugural season... but I just waited too long to book one of those. I consider myself lucky to have a Havana Suite booked in 2017. Book yours soon, before they sell out!

One design choice they made that I have to disagree with...

they put the Serenity Retreat at the windiest part of the ship again!

Serenity.jpg

I think having the Serenity Retreat in a wind-protected area at the back of the ship (like they do on Spirit-class and Fantasy-class ships, is a better way to go. Or enclose the Serenity Retreat in glass like Royal Caribbean does with their Solarium... so that you can actually use it on a sea day without being blown away by 30 knot winds!

But overall, the Carnival Vista looks like a winner to me!

CarnivalVista.jpg

I booked an even harder to book cabin last night on the Vista! A Havana cabana for 3....there are only 2 of these [emoji16][emoji16] Though we don't have the suite we are excited about our cabana and the fact that we are doing a b2b on the Vista for June 3! And, we couldn't hardly wait for the bookings to open as we usually book a spring break cruise 2 years out!

Great thread Spaniel. I'm not in the market for one of these suites, but I would love some data on how fast they sell for the dates that opened up yesterday!

Havana looks to be a great area. I just hope people keep in mind that kids ages 12 and over can stay in those cabins. So it won't exactly be a Serenity area in that sense. But the limited guests up until 5pm each day is sure to be a good thing.

I love the idea of cabins on the Promenade deck. It was so nice staying back there on the Sunshine. Congrats to those who got one of these!!

I agree about the serenity deck flaw. I adore the Serenity area on Spirit class ships, I wish they would make more like that! The gorgeous view of the wake, the pool...its perfect! Sunshine has a decent one, but they really got it down perfect with the Spirit class ships. Bring that design back, Carnival!

I agree about the serenity deck flaw. I adore the Serenity area on Spirit class ships, I wish they would make more like that! The gorgeous view of the wake, the pool...its perfect! Sunshine has a decent one, but they really got it down perfect with the Spirit class ships. Bring that design back, Carnival!

From a business aspect, why would they? If people want that area and willing to pay for it why provide the area free?

They are certainly nice (patio) staterooms, however I do have a few concerns with them. My 1st concern is the patio havana staterooms on the (port side) of Vista. Because the Ocean Plaza is not midship, the Ocean Plaza is aft on the Vista, leaving the entrance & exit & outside tables and the ('Smoking Section') directly next to patio cabins 5202, 5204, & so on. (See deck plan below). The port side smoking & cigar smoking is going to be an issue at that location. When the ship is moving, the smoke will always be traveling down wind to those port side patio havana cabins. These cabins on the port side are in extremely close proximity to the Ocean Plaza smoking section.

I also have concerns that the patio havana cabins are (street level), so to speak, and will have quite a bit of foot traffic walking by your patio, unlike a balcony cabin where passengers walking by are below you & not on the same level.

My other concern would be passengers walking directly onto your patio, maybe using it, or worst case scenario, someone entering an unlocked patio cabin door & entering a stateroom. Lovely cabins, just a few things to consider, especially the port side cabins & their very close proximity to the Ocean Plaza smoking section.

PicsArt_12-19-10.34.20_zpsp2sv7nvq.jpg

Actually, you're wrong about deck 5 port side being a smoking area on Carnival Vista. They must have thought of the exact issue that you've mentioned... because smoking is NOT allowed on deck 5. You can see it quite specifically at https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1124/~/smoking-policy

The only outdoor deck where smoking is allowed is deck 11

Actually, you're wrong about deck 5 port side being a smoking area on Carnival Vista. They must have thought of the exact issue that you've mentioned... because smoking is NOT allowed on deck 5. You can see it quite specifically at https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1124/~/smoking-policy

The only outdoor deck where smoking is allowed is deck 11

Whewwwwww... that's great to hear!

Thanks Spaniel

:)

I waited too long to book mine...I wanted a cabana, thought about it, considered it and waited too long. When I went to go back it was gone, all of them. I was so disappointed. I keep checking and hoping someone will cancel, maybe closer towards the cruise!

I do wonder how they will secure the cabanas....I wonder if your back door will always lock? Seems a little creepy people could come into your patio at night when you are sleeping. I still booked one....but I wonder what stories we will hear over the next year!

I thought I read something about the private Cabana deck being closed to the general public before 5 pm, only being for Havana Cabana users, but will open to everyone after that. Can anyone confirm this? I felt a little crazy booking for 687 days out too, but I'm so excited!!!

That's what I have read as well but no way to confirm until she actually starts sailing.

So will there be a new "Patio Club" to join on the Vista and who's going to have the guts to try knowing that someone could walk past your patio at any time? ;)

Nobody knows yet how private it will or won't be. I'm anxious to see when the ship begins to sail. Carnival must of thought this through. I don't know that they will be any less private than the balconies on deck 6 of the Dream class. At least these can potentially be blocked off from any walking traffic. 5 months and we'll know.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Nobody knows yet how private it will or won't be.

HavanaCabanaSuite-exterior.jpg

Well if this is an accurate picture of how it will look, *I* can tell you it's not private! LOL

Even if there is nobody walking around on that deck, those patios aren't even close to "private". I'm not saying they won't be popular and that passengers won't enjoy them... just saying if this picture is accurate, they are NOT private.