miami hotels

mykindaparty

Those who live near the area will need to know your price range to really be able to help with your search. Hotels run from the low $100s to close to $1000/night!

I've been searching for my August cruise...and I like to stay in downtown Miami only because I'm not into the beach scene. Hotels near the port will drastically vary in price. I've stayed at the InterContinental, the Hyatt Regency, the Downtown Hilton and the Doubletree Grand Biscayne. I've liked them all for differing reasons....but my favorite so far has been the InterContinental.

Do a search in on the CC sister site, Trip Advisor. It's full of information and reviews as well as prices!

For what it's worth, there are a couple new hotels opening soon near the port....one is The Langford and another is the ME Melia. I'm keeping my eyes open for reviews once they open!!

Looking for suggestions for hotel close to Miami Beach or poet for december. Mid 40 couple want to stay one or two nights pre cruise. Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks in advance....

When in December? The first weekend (Dec 1 -4, 2016) is Art Basel in Miami Beach and prices will be sky high and obviously Christmas week will also be high. Prices during the weeks between Art Basel and the holidays will be lower. What is your budget?

Looking for suggestions for hotel close to Miami Beach or poet for december. Mid 40 couple want to stay one or two nights pre cruise. Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks in advance....

If you have two nights, definitely stay in South Beach.

What is your budget?

Dates? Budget? :confused:

Without these two pieces any advice you get will just be random, and not particularly useful for your circumstances.

We used Marriott points and stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis on Biscayne Blvd. It was gorgeous and very close to the port - we could see ships from our room. A really nice way to kick off vacation if you're willing to splurge for it!

Edited by Pesh

Being a year out, I'd spend the time researching the Miami/Miami Beach/SOBE area and hotels. Your dates are right before the holiday season and you might find some good rates on nicer places. For two nights, yes I'd choose the South beach area too. FUN. Lots of budgets to pick from. Some are huge resorts while others are in smaller refurbished art deco buildings just off Ocean Dr. Everything is in walking distance if you look at 17th St and south.

Being a year out, I'd spend the time researching the Miami/Miami Beach/SOBE area and hotels. Your dates are right before the holiday season and you might find some good rates on nicer places. For two nights, yes I'd choose the South beach area too. FUN. Lots of budgets to pick from. Some are huge resorts while others are in smaller refurbished art deco buildings just off Ocean Dr. Everything is in walking distance if you look at 17th St and south.

This is really great advice.

South Beach is a blast, especially during the holidays!

If you take some time and start researching hotels, you can end up with a luxury four to five star resort for your price range.

Iconic South Beach hotels like The Delano or The Shore Club will run very last minute deals when normal in season rates for their worst room in the house will start at $750 a night.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

And don't let anyone convince to you stay in Mid Beach unless it is at the Fountainebleau.

This is really great advice.

South Beach is a blast, especially during the holidays!

If you take some time and start researching hotels, you can end up with a luxury four to five star resort for your price range.

Iconic South Beach hotels like The Delano or The Shore Club will run very last minute deals when normal in season rates for their worst room in the house will start at $750 a night.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

And don't let anyone convince to you stay in Mid Beach unless it is at the Fountainebleau.

Where exactly is Mid Beach? I'm still considering South Beach for next August...and want to select the right area. :cool:

Those who live near the area will need to know your price range to really be able to help with your search. Hotels run from the low $100s to close to $1000/night!

I've been searching for my August cruise...and I like to stay in downtown Miami only because I'm not into the beach scene. Hotels near the port will drastically vary in price. I've stayed at the InterContinental, the Hyatt Regency, the Downtown Hilton and the Doubletree Grand Biscayne. I've liked them all for differing reasons....but my favorite so far has been the InterContinental.

Do a search in on the CC sister site, Trip Advisor. It's full of information and reviews as well as prices!

For what it's worth, there are a couple new hotels opening soon near the port....one is The Langford and another is the ME Melia. I'm keeping my eyes open for reviews once they open!!

Another vote for the Club Floor at Intercon.

Great info thanks for the suggestions. I know it's a yr away but I am a detailed planner and don't like to leave anything to chance. Researching now.....stay tuned for results.[emoji4][emoji540]

I start planning hotels, flights, etc the minute I get home from booking my cruise with my TA!!

Dec 9, 10 sailing on 11th and under 250.00 a night

We like to stay at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay hotel (1633 North Bayshore Drive). Beautiful views of the Bay, a 10 minute walk to the Publix Grocery Store, and you can book a 2 double bed room for $234 a night if you have a AAA card.

We like to stay at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay hotel (1633 North Bayshore Drive). Beautiful views of the Bay, a 10 minute walk to the Publix Grocery Store, and you can book a 2 double bed room for $234 a night if you have a AAA card.

AGREED!

BEST experience in hospitality at this property! We're literally sitting in our hotel room now awaiting our cruise tomorrow. I was especially pleased with the fact that they gave me a VERY early check in (6am) after arriving from a red eye flight! My family and I couldn't be happier!

AGREED!

BEST experience in hospitality at this property! We're literally sitting in our hotel room now awaiting our cruise tomorrow. I was especially pleased with the fact that they gave me a VERY early check in (6am) after arriving from a red eye flight! My family and I couldn't be happier!

I am glad you and your family are pleased with this Marriott property. The staff there also honored our request for an early check in too (at 11:30 am). We have already booked this Marriott for another overnight stay for our November 7, 2016 four-day cruise :)

We picked the aloft south beach for our upcoming stay in March. Can let you know how it turns out but it's got good reviews so far for being a newer or revamped property. We use Starwood points for a free stay. Otherwise would have been 500+ a night. But it's over spring break. Looks like they have rooms for $200 right now. Google Maps is a good research tool to see what's around the hotel too. For our's, I was able to tell there's the beach, boardwalks, a Walgeens and lots of restaurant options. Good luck