Fresh squeezed oj on summit

goldfish1111

The Cafe on 5 always has cappuccinos. The OJ is fresh squeezed and then flash frozen. Finally thawed before being served. Squeezing oranges has lots of health issues in cleaning the oranges and the process of squeezing. Thus they went to a satinary safe way for OJ.

FWIW - I thought it tasted almost perfect and was consistently excellent. Squeezing OJ often leaves a bitter taste if you get into the rind.

Apparently X has made a decision to totally eliminate fresh sqeezeed OJ and have even put away the machines. They now serve something they call "Premium OJ" which is included in the drink packages but otherwise much be purchased. On the Eclipse (last week) they still had a couple of regular dispensers with the regular OJ. Personally, we thought the regular stuff tasted much better then the "Premium" and even though we had a drink package....quickly ditched the Premium...which tastes like the garbage one used to get in a can.

Hank

The Cafe on 5 always has cappuccinos. The OJ is fresh squeezed and then flash frozen. Finally thawed before being served. Squeezing oranges has lots of health issues in cleaning the oranges and the process of squeezing. Thus they went to a satinary safe way for OJ.

FWIW - I thought it tasted almost perfect and was consistently excellent. Squeezing OJ often leaves a bitter taste if you get into the rind.

Some how the process you describe just equals a carton of Tropicana but without the freezing. Celebrity actually does this?

There is a difference between "freshly" squeezed and "fresh" squeezed. X now offers "fresh" squeezed. One of the places you'll find it free with drink packages or for a fee without is in the Summit port side buffet as you enter (which also doubles as an ice cream station later in the day).

If Olga is still there when you sail, she's so friendly and a darlin'. I luved her personality when we sailed Summit in September.

BTW all the treats at Cafe al Bacio are free with or without a coffee/tea order.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

First Summit cruise they were squeezing the OJ. We saw them put oranges in the machine. Second cruise they were using 'frozen fresh squeezed'. We were drinking grapefruit which at that time they were still squeezing on the ship, unfortunately, they ran out of grapefruits after the 4th day.

Don't let it make or break your cruise though, so much more to enjoy than juice!

Just off Eclipse, certainly not fresh squeezed nor Tropicana. Not very good and certainly a disappointment. Add to that all drinks/smoothies come from concentrate and very high syrup content.

Fresh squeezed is you see them squeezing a fresh orange from a machine into a glass. Pretty simple.

Why people are arguing over semantics amazes me.

Last year in Jamaica loved watching fresh fruits put in my drinks.

Edited by readyforacruiseagain

Let me again clarify what X has done to fresh sqeezed OJ (in recent weeks). It is simply GONE! Totally! Does not exist. On the Eclipse we asked some of the staff (including senior dining supervisors) was there "anywhere on the ship" where we could still get fresh squeezed OJ. One supervisor sent us to the Aquaspa Cafe. But when we got to that cafe the bartender told us that they had even stopped making fresh OJ! This is a recent change...so anyone who has not been on a cruise in the past few weeks is just out of date on the new policy.

And we still think it is outrageous that X now charges for their so-called "Premium OJ" which truly sucks and is not even as good as the generic supermarket brand stuff we can buy here at home! So the "Goddess Lisa" has not only eliminated bottled water in Aqua Class...but she has tossed away fresh OJ! And I should also mention that they also now sell "Premium Grapefuit Juice" which is as fresh as the OJ :(

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

We recently had "fresh squeezed" orange juice on our cruise in November and I can tell you it it tasted nothing like fresh squeezed. One morning they served it with ice and a straw and it reminded us of orange ade. After a few days, we gave up and asked for regular orange juice which in our opinion, tasted much better.