Escape, How To Tell Bed by Bath or Balcony

helen haywood

Great reference pics T.W.O., especially the second one that shows the angled side wall. The extra space on balcony 11310 was enough to usably set aside the chairs and table for no obstruction from the cabin out the balcony windows, which was really nice.

That's one of the balconies at the rear of the ship. Not aft-"facing" but aft-most location.

There are good pictures HERE and HERE that show how much larger those balconies are.

I think a lounger can fit in 12304.

I had an angled balcony but totally lucked into seeing 12904 (same as 12304 but starboard) open up one day and was able to grab it. It's even bigger than the same cabins on deck 11. I'll post pictures once we return. It's definetly the largest balcony of the standard balcony cabin categories.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

I'm noticing what seems to be consistently true is that balcony staterooms that sleep 4, (read, pullman bed) always have the bed nearest the balcony, and the sofa/pullman bed nearest the bathroom. Can anyone prove this theory wrong on the Breakaway/Breakaway Plus class ships?

i thought you could ask to have the bed and sofa swapped.

OMG, this is the funniest thing I've read on here. In case you are serious, the answer is NO, the cabin cannot be reconfigured. The desk which is bolted to the wall and couch form the sitting area.

Edited by vince_g

Our cabin #14268 had the bed by the balcony (slept 4). We have 13870 booked for next cruise, and it sleeps 3. The expanded description on NCL doesn't mention bed by balcony, so *fingers crossed* I'm hoping that means the bed is by the closet. I can't stand the bed by the balcony!

Interesting. I guess my theory isn't sound then.

As for your room question, try to book your exact room on another date. When I did that, more details indicate "bed by entrance" for 13136. The other cabins in my reservation (13134 and 13138) don't specify, so I would assume that means their bed is by the balcony. Those 2 also happen to sleep 4 via a pullman bed.

I too love the bed by the entrance. IMO it makes the whole balcony sofa area feel like your own living room at sea. Also, a nice tip we discovered on the Getaway... the clothes hangers in the closet fit perfectly in the curtain track. It was perfect for steaming clothes with our travel steamer as we prepared for the evening with the balcony door opened, watching the sunset, feeling the ocean breeze, and listening to some of our favorite music. Ugh, Feb 13th can't come fast enough!!

Edited by Itbeanew2

Interesting. I guess my theory isn't sound then.

As for your room question, try to book your exact room on another date. When I did that, more details indicate "bed by entrance" for 13136. The other cabins in my reservation (13134 and 13138) don't specify, so I would assume that means their bed is by the balcony. Those 2 also happen to sleep 4 via a pullman bed.

I too love the bed by the entrance. IMO it makes the whole balcony sofa area feel like your own living room at sea.

We agree with liking the larger balcony living area.

13870 is by balcony.

Darn! Where'd you find that? I did a mock booking of our cabin on another sailing and the 'more details' didn't say either way.

Edited by LrgPizza

I've noticed that if you click the "view more" button under the room details when choosing your room, if the bed is by the balcony it is listed there. Says nothing of the bed location otherwise. I hope this advice is accurate:)

I'm noticing what seems to be consistently true is that balcony staterooms that sleep 4, (read, pullman bed) always have the bed nearest the balcony, and the sofa/pullman bed nearest the bathroom. Can anyone prove this theory wrong on the Breakaway/Breakaway Plus class ships?

On Deck 9, Escape, rooms with a +, have bed by balcony.