Least favorite Carnival port of call

MaiTaiMary

Belize

Long tender

Long drive to any excursion

Not particularly safe

No "good" shopping at the pier

*We did enjoy it last time because we booked a snorkel tour with Carnival so we could tender right off the ship to the snorkel boat but I don't think that counts since we never actually went to the port*

Nassau - Stayed on the ship last time I sailed there.

Also not sure if I would get off the ship in Belize again. Been there a couple of times and have done the zipline/cave-tubing thing and also did the Raiders of the Lost Mayan caves tour. Not sure what else I'd want to do there. Maybe check out one of the beaches. But I definitely do NOT want to do another 3 hour round trip ride in the back of a rickety old school bus on gravel roads! But I am glad that I went to Belize and think that there are some really cool things to do there.

Wow, I'm really surprised to see how many people dislike Belize! We were just there a few months ago and loved it! I only saw the pier area, though. After we got off the tender, we got right back on another boat and went snorkeling with the sharks and rays. The snorkeling was incredible.

For those of you who disliked it, was it the city itself? Just curious. Loved, loved, loved our day in Belize! I'm so excited to go back next fall. We'll go on a different snorkeling excursion then.

Edited by MaiTaiMary
typo